Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The snow has STARTED!

+18
islandgal99
Ruffledfeathers
CynthiaM
SerJay
Farmer Bob
coopslave
bcboy
Echo 1
lady leghorn
Magdelan
authenticfarm
HigginsRAT
bigrock
rosewood
bckev
heda gobbler
Nom_de_Plume
Schipperkesue
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:27 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hahaha! I have watched sone documentaries about B.C. grow ops - those crazy growers have come up with some brilliant ways to hide their grow ops! If they would turn their brains towards world peace, we might have something ....

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

77The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

They do Authentic its just hazy Laughing 

78The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh...my...goodness!

We are getting hammered tonight. Snowing and blowing and drifting...so glad the chicken show is next weekend.

79The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:20 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Woke up to everything covered in snow this morning and it just kept falling.  Warm so wet sticky heavy snow which we rarely ever get.  Got all the snow off our collapsing overhead netting on coops this morning took my boots off and power went out!  No hot coffee and hubby in midst of moving fireplace so it started to get a bit chilly 6hrs later with no power and a few trips out to bang netting and shovel outside.  This wet heavy snow sucks!!! especially when little monsters share their germs

80The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:12 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

SerJay wrote:Woke up to everything covered in snow this morning and it just kept falling.  Warm so wet sticky heavy snow which we rarely ever get.  Got all the snow off our collapsing overhead netting on coops this morning took my boots off and power went out!  No hot coffee and hubby in midst of moving fireplace so it started to get a bit chilly 6hrs later with no power and a few trips out to bang netting and shovel outside.  This wet heavy snow sucks!!! especially when little monsters share their germs
how cold up there Serjay? I just noticed your avatar, looks like a face off between light and dark. What beautiful lights in those dark ducks. What kind are they?

81The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Started here sometime between 3 and 5:30am.  Temp is dropping and wind is whipping.  Supposed to be a NASTY day today.

82The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:37 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Raining here, was kind of off and on sunnyishness yesterday, about 4 C, so no snow I think. It is ucky and drizzly and awful. I despise rain. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

83The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:46 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

84The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:59 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Was -4C when I got up and it is -11C now. Not sure how cold it will get, but I can tell you the wind is bitter.
The fine, dry snow has found its way into the chook house thru cracks. Guess ventilation isn't a problem, just keeping the snow out!! Very Happy 

85The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

We just missed it - Williams Lake got about 12 inches I hear, but we had lots of wind and a hail storm briefly at 6 pm last night and that's it. Fields are still open grass and it's just -1C. Another day of grazing for the cows.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

86The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:48 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heda, that is great that it missed you! Lucky.

87The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:59 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had a steady drizzle yesterday which turned to snow over night. This morning we have snow and a strong wind. The forecast is for colder temperatures for the next few days. We gave the extra roosters on freezer row some straw and a heat lamp yesterday and closed up the turkey coop. Time to start on the list of indoor projects.

88The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:38 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

View from my back door at 9:30 today...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

89The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:42 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Williams Lake got a record 46 cm! We were really lucky!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

90The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:54 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have no joy in this record setting snow fall. I still have to blow it all away blah, ack.....

91The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:55 am

Oh Sue.... pale  Comfort

92The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:10 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Feel my pain, Farmchiq! This is not due to end until late tomorrow.

I still feel sorry for the bunnies. Even though they all have little straw filled boxes, they are still outside.

93The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:18 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

94The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:43 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Still procrastinating going outside. Here is the view from my front window.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

95The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:50 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I hear ya Sue!!  You look worst than us for snow, but I think that is because the wind is blowing so viciously here at the moment.
Here is out my door.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dogs have been run, quick check on the chickens and pop doors open, just in case and I don't plan on going out anytime soon.  I do have to get to town at some stage thou.....

96The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:07 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't have to go anywhere today. Still procrastinating but only because I checked everyone late last night and I know they are OK.

Coopster, if you get big drifts you can put on your insulated cover all and head outside to dig tunnels in those drifts. It is a lot of fun

97The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have discovered that the most useless tool for snow removal is an excavator. But considering we got 46cm and it was wet and heavy snow to -12 now I'm not going to complain to loudly at least I don't have to do the whole driveway by snow blower. Will post pics tomorrow.

98The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Doug has a quad with a plow and I have a shovel. He plowed the main path and I shovelled the side paths to the barns, gates, doors, etc. It took 2 1/2 hours but we got it cleared. It should take less time tomorrow but we will have to do it again since it is still snowing.

99The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

compared to all your major snow experiences I feel like I can't even comment.  We have about 5 inches out there and on my way back from the barn tonight I hear it dripping off the roof.  Look forward to the dry snow, not real keen on the damp stuff.  We had 30 sec power outage today, not sure why it happened but it sure aint the same as 6 hrs!  Hope it lets up for you all soon. I'm having a tractor plowing refresher tomorrow so I can pull my weight here, my husband does 12 hr night shifts some times and be good to have the drive clear for him. Bless the old 1949 Ford trackie with the 6ft blade :-).

100The snow has STARTED! - Page 4 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:31 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We only got about 8-10 inches or so but it was the really heavy wet sticky stuff which we rarely get and its miserable!  Today was beautiful, sunny with sparkling snow, -14C so now the snow is hard crusty since we never got anything plowed Embarassed  its a pain to walk in the frozen foot print ruts Smile   Hubby didn't get to putting on the snowblower today before he tangled with the angle grinder and lost badly.  Still has his limbs but it is still scary to think about and I have a lot of blood spray and gore to clean up downstairs but he is sewn up and drugged.  I hope the weather guys are wrong about this weeks snowfall because I'm not strong enough to get the snowblower on the tractor by myself and hubby isn't going to be using his right hand for awhile.  Snow snow go away!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum