Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The snow has STARTED!

+18
islandgal99
Ruffledfeathers
CynthiaM
SerJay
Farmer Bob
coopslave
bcboy
Echo 1
lady leghorn
Magdelan
authenticfarm
HigginsRAT
bigrock
rosewood
bckev
heda gobbler
Nom_de_Plume
Schipperkesue
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1The snow has STARTED! Empty The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:36 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you don't know, Alberta is due for their first dump of snow that will stick. I am off to a dog show today and will have to drive home in it. Yuck.

Anyway, I was out doing chores and I am pleased to report it has started here at precisely 9:15!

2The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:38 am

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

No snow here yet..... just copious quantities of rain.
yuck

3The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:43 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Snow here last night. 10 cm was forecast and it looks like a few hundred feet higher on the mountain there is a good 30 cm but here at this level we only got 5 cm or so. Forecast says another 5 cm today.

Very pretty and no wind.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

4The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:58 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

rain here, and I have lots to do before the snow does come.

5The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:10 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rain, rain and more rain here with some mixed rain and snow tomorrow. I'm trying to pretend that nobody outside needs to drink or eat today. We persuaded the turkeys that it is drier inside their coop yesterday.

6The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:24 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

just split off my ewe lambs that i do not want bred yesterday-moved the ram in with the main flock..and today it is raining so hard and the ewe lambs did not have enough shelter for all of them;......so out i went moved everybody around in the pouring rain...ewe lambs are unfortunately in a pen next to their mommas..only separated by a water trough..and rails of course...and now i am soaking wet!
chickens are all roosted-refusing to come out, some brave souls are managing and they look like drowned rats. One roo youngster was left out last night...he was on the other side of the fence in the neighbors yard and i guess he couldn't figure out how to get back over to our side....he looked a little upset this morning...but is now roasting by the open fire.....
ahhh the change of seasons...and to think tomorrow morning i get to get up at 0400 instead of the regular 5...gotta love daylight savings time pale 

7The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:26 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

8The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:28 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

9The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:30 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Survival of the smartest. I guess he won the Darwin award.

10The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:43 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Shhhhhhh.

Forecasted here to start at midnight.

Glad my photo sessions were booked for today instead of tomorrow!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

11The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:56 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

heda gobbler wrote:Survival of the smartest.  I guess he won the Darwin award.
think they have more tricks up their sleeve than they tell us. I would like Coopslave to tell her story about the chicken that got out when it was neg 20. Hope I have those genies in the girls I got from her :-).

12The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:30 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I tried out a new raincoat from PA. I was only out a short time before I had a costume malfunction. The legs are 2 or 3 inches longer than mine which means even the outside of my boots stay dry. While this isn't a great problem the suspenders are 2 or 3 inches too short and would only stay fastened as long as I didn't try to pick up anything. My wife suggested that it being cold outside would help, but it was not cold enough today. The pants must have been designed by a women as there was no opening in the front. There aren't any pockets for quad keys or work gloves. A seam tore when I pulled the Velcro apart. There must be something better.

13The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:20 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Started snowing here around lunchtime, it's really snowing now. Blowing sideways from the east. Did I mention I hate snow? No No 

bckev........Does Oliver get much snow? When we went for a quick trip there last month it was so hot and sunny there, we just loved it.

14The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pouring rain here...but a quick glance out the sun room windows and I see the snow line is just above us on the ridge.  ugh!

15The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:12 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

16The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Sue I had a friend at that show too. She shows Rhodesian Ridgebacks.
How did you do?

We need to all send our 'shiny side up' thoughts to our Coopslave who is currently driving through that new snowfall, headed home from the Okanagan. I have heard from her once saying "been brutal" so I know she is taking every caution. She has her two valuable Cutting horses in the trailer so I am certain she's taking it slow - I just hope the others driving the TCH today give the same care and attention.

Nothing but rain, and lots of it, here today.

17The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lot of rain here too, chooks not too pleased about it.  small patches of snow from last nights efforts here and there, quickly melting away.  

yeah, wishing that Coopslave cool runnings the whole way home and over any nasty passes without a single twitch.  I see her arriving home safe and sound with  precious cargo, unloaded, fed and sorted in new digs, checking on the chooks to see they are happily snug in their palace  -  then to a hot drink and meal.  Very Happy

18The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:00 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by bcboy on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

19The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:46 pm

It's snowing like a mother smurfer! Sticky too, just right for throwing snowballs Twisted Evil 

20The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
No need for a raincoat now. I had hoped to finish the shop and rebuild the old Dodge last summer, but I guess I need something to do next summer.

21The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:27 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Stupid snow. Was a very tough drive home. Stupid snow. Lots of it here. Stupid snow. People that drive in the snow are stupid too. Stupid snow.....

22The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:34 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad you are home safe coop!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

23The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:44 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hate trailering in the snow esp those mountain passes always full of idiots! Glad you made it home in one piece!

24The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:46 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave wrote:Stupid snow.  Was a very tough drive home.  Stupid snow.  Lots of it here.  Stupid snow.  People that drive in the snow are stupid too. Stupid snow.....
Coop, could you tell us how you really feel?  Seriously, I am so glad you are home and safe with your precious cargo.  I HATE hauling in good weather (unless it is with Fuzzy...she's FANTASTIC!)  Just the thought of winter hauling over those nasty mountain passes makes me want to up chuck.  You are a better woman than I!  Again....I am delighted to hear you and the horses made it safely.

25The snow has STARTED! Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 am

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Ok, the tiniest bit of snow has landed in Smithers . At this very moment, there is an extremely fine drifting of particles and what I thought was a heavy frost last night is actually a thin layer of snow. Last chance to get those outside chores done!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum