Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The snow has STARTED!

+18
islandgal99
Ruffledfeathers
CynthiaM
SerJay
Farmer Bob
coopslave
bcboy
Echo 1
lady leghorn
Magdelan
authenticfarm
HigginsRAT
bigrock
rosewood
bckev
heda gobbler
Nom_de_Plume
Schipperkesue
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:11 pm

We got snow an it is staying , about six inch's in total ? and the temps are as unpredictable as Alberta temps ! High's and then low LOWS ? Kinda hard to adjust ?  But soon enough it will be spring again so what the hey ? enjoy it's while it's here .................sledding / ice fishing  etc

177The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:18 am

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Calgary, AB
Sunday 1:00 AM
Mostly Cloudy
10 °C
What 10 above????Shocked 

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

178The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 am

bcboy wrote:Calgary, AB
Mostly Cloudy
10 °C
What 10 above????Shocked 
Have been close to that as well  one day rain and then the next a blanket of snow ? +7 to 8 and then  -21  ? Cold and damp  cut's right through your clothing and clings onto you

179The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:25 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Must have been close to that Bcboy. I know we were in Strathmore and it was 7C. It is 5C this morning. Enjoying it while I can!!!

180The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:49 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

bcboy wrote:Calgary, AB
Mostly Cloudy
10 °C
What 10 above????Shocked 
Wait a minute....at 1:00 AM?

181The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:54 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was pretty warm here overnight. Like I say, 5C this morning at 6am.

182The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:42 am

That must be so hard on the animals. That mad swing of temperatures! At least we can put on and shed layers of clothes.

183The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:02 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

It doesn't seem to bother them too much, they are just glad of the break from the cold!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

184The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:11 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

About -5 here, but so much better than -21. The dog was happy with the cold because he got to sleep in the house. The pigs did not seem to like the cold. They will soon be in a frozen state.

185The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:14 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

My cows get frisky when it warms up. I think they like it around the -10 mark so do I though.

186The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:07 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

rosewood, You are going to need to start making piggy coats. Razz 

187The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave wrote:It was pretty warm here overnight.  Like I say, 5C this morning at 6am.
swinging like a pendulum! We are around the zero mark here today.

188The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

-3 and warming.

189The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:54 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

We've been above zero now all day - not by much but with not a breath of wind it seems very mild. SO dark though - a big black cloud low over our heads all day. Hard to feel very energetic! Almost feels like rain but no precip in the forecast.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

190The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:26 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

ladyleghorn wrote:rosewood, You are going to need to start making piggy coats

We have some piggy coats in mind, but it is usually called freezer wrap.

191The snow has STARTED! - Page 8 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:29 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lol!  Well it's a wrap anyway. Not quite what they would like if they knew though. Suspect 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum