Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The snow has STARTED!

+18
islandgal99
Ruffledfeathers
CynthiaM
SerJay
Farmer Bob
coopslave
bcboy
Echo 1
lady leghorn
Magdelan
authenticfarm
HigginsRAT
bigrock
rosewood
bckev
heda gobbler
Nom_de_Plume
Schipperkesue
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:48 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Serjay! That's awful! Glad husband is all right.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

102The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:40 am

Hope your husband heals fast Serjay - very lucky indeed!

103The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:55 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Serjay I feel your pain ALL to well. Sending healing happy thoughts your way !!

104The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:02 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Best healing wishes to your hub, Serjay. He sounds like a true husbeast!

What a difference a day makes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

105The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:05 am

Wow I hadn't even noticed the second big red barn in your earlier picture.

106The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

The second barn was built at a later date. It had box stalls in it. I ripped everything out and kept the wood. Then I insulated it and painted the interior and build breeding pens with the recycled wood. It was quite the job as the studs were not a regular distance apart and the whole barn leans a little. Working in a non-square building requires skill and swearing, and I only possess one of these qualities.

107The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:33 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bahahaha! Oh, the challenge of building square in a crooked building. We should form a club. We'll drink wine, curse a lot, and compare battle scars.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

108The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish it were only the barn that was not square or straight here. The wall in the office here was not plum.  In order to get the door to swing correctly we had to build the top of one side out an inch and the bottom on the other side needed that same inch.  Then there is a bow in the wall above the door.  Neither intersecting wall is plum.  Fortunately being a retired teacher I have an extensive vocabulary and my wife makes homemade wine.  Did anyone note how difficult it is to make a curved barbed wire fence tight.

Snowing here, but not very cold. All the waterers are frozen and strangely the creek started to run this morning after being dry for almost 4 months.

109The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

heebidie jeebidies, so many things in common with the chicken obsessed. Our barn is not square in any way so I get the wine, cussing at previous owner who built it and all the other stuff that goes on with that journey. I think it made me better at my upcycling attempts in the end so there is a silver lining (I always try to find that). I have a deep secret obsessive compulsive need for perfection which I fight. Our house is not a new one and before we put a new roof on it I want to find out if there is a reason (like carpenter ants Twisted Evil Suspect affraid confused No No No No No No ) that there is about an inch and a half diff in level from the center position upon which the wood cook stove sits (eggs always slide to the left of my frying pan every time) as it grades to either side of the house. It really disturbs me and I think is a good test for that nasty little perfectionist that I try to route out and stomp on whenever it rears its ugly head - my fen shui has major major issues with this Smile . Mostly I have come to terms with the lack of level thing but I just want to know that the house has no issues with nasties like carpenter ants before we go ahead this year with roofing plans.

110The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:36 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Friday
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Saturday was beautiful glittery snow and blue sky

Today cold so flurries are nice and light.  Fluffy dust much better than heavy wet stuff

Hubby likes to turn my hair grey.  I've got him drugged up and he's still hurtin bad so he'll be staying out of trouble the next few days at least before he gets anymore crazy ideas.  Not sure what happened as it happened too quickly but angle grinder must have kicked back to his shoulder and then ripped his shirt off tangling around the spinny part but bottom hem of tshirt stayed around his body.  The tshirt wrapped around grinder blew the braker thankfully and shut it off.  When he saved his shoulder his right wrist must have got in the way.  If you put your finger over your pulse point on right wrist thats where he is now missing a 3/4 by 2.5 inch chunk of skin.  They spent 45mins cleaning and pulling foreign bodies out of the wound.  We could see his artery clearly but he thank god did not nick it.  

I'm much happier that it got cold because this light fluffy snow is much easier to shovel and clear away!

111The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Wow - he sure is lucky!!
Your pictures are beautiful. I had heavy snow (snowing heavily - snow was pretty dry) all morning and now the sun is out and it's all melty.

112The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Gee Serjay, that was close! Hope he heals up fast.

113The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:50 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hope he heals fast Serjay and sounds like he is being nursed good
Beautiful Pictures Thanks for sharing

114The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:32 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

SerJay wrote:
Hubby likes to turn my hair grey.   Not sure what happened as it happened too quickly but angle grinder must have kicked back to his shoulder and then ripped his shirt off tangling around the spinny part but bottom hem of tshirt stayed around his body.  The tshirt wrapped around grinder blew the braker thankfully and shut it off.  When he saved his shoulder his right wrist must have got in the way.  If you put your finger over your pulse point on right wrist thats where he is now missing a 3/4 by 2.5 inch chunk of skin.  They spent 45mins cleaning and pulling foreign bodies out of the wound.  We could see his artery clearly but he thank god did not nick it.  
Ouch, ripping that much skin off and then having them clean it with a brush. Mad 
Every time that I have tangoed with a grinder and that has been twice. I have had to get stitches.
Heal up fast SerJay, I hear home made chicken soup does wonders. Wink

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

115The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:22 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

One great thing about a snow covered ground is the reflective light qualities because its so much brighter and easier to see when going out to do evening chores no tripping over things in the dark Smile

116The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

SerJay wrote:One great thing about a snow covered ground is the reflective light qualities because its so much brighter and easier to see when going out to do evening chores no tripping over things in the dark Smile
And snow on the ground with a full moon as well as Christmas lights makes for easy chore doing!

117The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:22 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
SerJay wrote:One great thing about a snow covered ground is the reflective light qualities because its so much brighter and easier to see when going out to do evening chores no tripping over things in the dark Smile
And snow on the ground with a full moon as well as Christmas lights makes for easy chore doing!
I find a quiet peace when I'm out at night doing chores like this. Sometimes if I'm dressed properly I pick a spot and just sit and reflect and listen to the valley Very Happy 

118The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:05 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:
I find a quiet peace when I'm out at night doing chores like this. Sometimes if I'm dressed properly I pick a spot and just sit and reflect and listen to the valley Very Happy 
Magical!

119The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:46 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Ruffledfeathers wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:
Magical!
totally, makes ones heart sing. I like the way smells are some how amplified when there is snow on the ground.

120The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

From my living room window this morning ...

(Don't judge my crappy landscaping. We're putting new siding on the house and ripping a bunch of stuff out next year, so I didn't bother to trim things this year.)

121The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:35 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Authentic we can't even see your landscaping!

this is our place today, from the lounge window is a fine view of the clothesline which I didn't take down before it all started.  You can see the beginning wave from the porch roof beginning to come down. If you use your x-ray vision like Superman/woman you could see the USA through just two or three hills. Or was it the Six Million Dollar Man who could do that??Suspect 

122The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:41 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Magdelan wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:
Ruffledfeathers wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:
Magical!
totally, makes ones heart sing.  I like the way smells are some how amplified when there is snow on the ground.  
And all sound is muffled, especially when thick flakes of snow are dropping.

123The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Magdelan wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:
Ruffledfeathers wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:
Magical!
totally, makes ones heart sing.  I like the way smells are some how amplified when there is snow on the ground.  
And all sound is muffled, especially when thick flakes of snow are dropping.
You guys are writing an overly-descriptive novel here. Watch out, Margaret Atwood!

124The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

authenticfarm wrote:
You guys are writing an overly-descriptive novel here. Watch out, Margaret Atwood!
I think it could be published, some how. Maybe a radio show poem? I don't know who's program it is but I sometimes stumble across it on Saturdays when driving, a radio show where the guy sings, tells jokes, interviews and he has the softest kind of beguiling voice. I will have to listen to the whole program. Might be NPR?

I kind of feel good about this storybook cause it is still on topic and I am trying to quit hijacking.

125The snow has STARTED! - Page 5 Empty Re: The snow has STARTED! Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh no. Hijacking is encouraged here. Hijack away!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum