Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!

+3
Fowler
cbrookkelly
coopslave
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, it has finally hit us. We had a big dump last night and it has just started to snow again. I thought cause if was around 1C it may all melt, but that is less likely to happen when we are getting MORE! Rolling Eyes

2SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We are getting it here in the East Kootenays too......this is way too soon. pale Gonna be a looong winter I think. I just hope it doesn't get nasty cold.

3SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

CBrook, I think that is what they are calling for. Less precipitation and colder than normal. sigh

4SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes Coop, that is what the almanac is saying and it has been right about the weather so far...almost exactly. sigh...I dislike being cold...really dislike it. I would trade more snow and less cold for really cold and less snow.

5SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:04 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am with you there. I hate being cold and always feel for all the animals so much. Still snowing hard here. I kinda new it was coming but still caught me by surprise. Got all the veggies out of the garden in time, but still have a couple of hoses to put away and electric cords to run.

Why does the good weather always seem to be so short?

6SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad I got the snow tires on early this year. No snow yet but it's been cold enough.

7SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Snow tire time here. Our son was going to have it done by a friend on his way home from work tonight, but I put in the wrong set of tires yesterday. It has been snowing continuously since 6 AM here today. Both of us have been under the weather here with colds so the carrots are still in the garden.

8SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

In Calgary for a couple days and yes lots of snow here too. Streets are very icy and crazy city drivers!
My mom is home with the kids and said we only got a little, but cold enough there was a good layer of ice on all the water dishes in the pens...
Hoping it stops soon and roads are good for our trip home tomorrow, I will have to drive so not looking forward to that.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

9SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:51 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

We Got hit also but getting sloshy now and gonna freeze tonight
Darwin said roads were Icy driving in from Regina last night
everyone be safe
Joe

10SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:52 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Snowed overnight and snowing still (almost 11:00). Very wet and heavy. Everything is coated with it and sagging. Slippery job shovelling horse poo this morning! Not freezing, heaven help us if it does, roads will be brutal. THe roads might be melting off down below us, in fact it might be rain down in ENderby, but up here it's snow and it is not melting off. I could cry. Like others, it caught me off guard and I have hoses to take up and electric cords to put out.

11SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 pm

We are going to get some this weekend I heard ! So far it's been rain except for he dump that we had a week or so ago that caused a lot of damage on the Crown land Pines !! I feel for you guys ,I have been working all day so far getting everything cleaned up and ready if it should happen

12SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

It sure id cold out there
My Oxygen hose gets hardened real fast and I am always afraid it is going to break
The reports say some snow the rest of the week I hope not

13SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:37 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very hard to believe it is still snowing here. It is melting as well though. It would be nice for it to be gone by tonight, but I don't think that is going to happen.

14SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:38 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Appway your avatar is going to give me nightmares!

15SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Empty Re: SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:43 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Every one needs a Shepard/Spider
Maybe it will chase the snow away

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum