Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2014, I'm going to be BAD!

+10
CynthiaM
Fowler
Ruffledfeathers
Echo 1
authenticfarm
Magdelan
Schipperkesue
Karaandblue
coopslave
uno
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

262014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:11 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here you go Uno, thought of you when I saw this.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think sometimes things like this can sound selfish, but often what I really WANT to do is not a selfish thing.  Have a favourite supper waiting for hubby when he walks in the door after a long day, spend an afternoon listening to a friend that just needs an ear and not a fix, groom and scratch and rub and teat a horse I don't have time to ride, give to someone something they can't afford to buy.  Often I want to do things for others and not just me, but it is still what I WANT to do.

272014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:19 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

prairie dog wrote:Well ladies and gents I prefer being fit , being a bit over weight weighs heavily on my mind and I have resolved to loose the excess because it makes me feel sluggish ...............and I have always held a steady weight ( 180 lbs ) and now about 15 pounds over has me thinking about the new gym that opened up and maybe joining it so that come summer I'll have that six pack  and large arms that I seem to have let slip ( over fifty but still in shape ) away through non exercising , noticed it started changing around the age of 50 . I eat what I want , always have and have never had any issues with weight ....... metabolism I guess .....and have always taken pride in being fit ( my nephews all try ....yes try to keep up with me , but so far I am still leading ) and looking fit . If you feel good the way you are then hey go with it and enjoy life , myself ? get back to the weight I want , pump a bit of iron and enjoy the beach and all that it has to offer ......

And see, if you were here, I would feed you up to a good 250 lbs. In my best Ukranian baba voice: "You look skinny! Have some perogy. You hungry? I make you a sandwich. Here. I make you a pie."

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

282014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:59 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave wrote: Often I want to do things for others and not just me, but it is still what I WANT to do.

this seems the essence of giving to me, true giving. I would rather have a gift from someone who wanted to give a gift because it felt good to them than receive from someone who was obeying a guilt agenda or social pressure/ideal. It isn't something you can force someone to do either, a genuine gift is not something that can be externally generated I don't think. The idea of it can be planted maybe. oooo, sounds like that movie Inception.

Ok. might be a bit slow here but I still don't know what "sofa king bad" really means. Anyone want to elaborate for me?

292014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:47 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

No, Magdelan. No one can elaborate on that without being banned for using profanity.

Thank you Coop for adding what I should have added when I went on my Bad Rampage. It is okay to be bad as long as the bad affects me and only me. It is NOT okay to be bad when bad creates harm, hardship or problems for others. SO, for example, while my 86 Jimmy might be bad (and it totally is!) I better drive it with the health and well being of others in mind. Drive a bad truck, but drive it good, if you know what I mean. So I'm sofa king bad, but with an extreme degree of social obligation and moral responsibility thrown in. Sigh.

Ha ha, Authentic, you remind me of my ITalian father who was MORTIFIED the first time he laid eyes upon my rail thin boyfriend. HIs first words upon seeing him were, "Someone, give this guy a sandwich!" And thus began a long and meaningful relationship of my mother feeding this stray, skinny boyfriend and skinny boyfriend showing up with regularity to eat my mom's good cooking.

Even when I broke up with boyfriend and started dating someone else, boyfriend would show up at the house and eat with us, then watch the news with dad while new boyfriend pulled into yard to pick me up and off we went. This confused my father.
"Who are you dating?"
"The guy in the tow truck."
"Is that the guy who watches the news with me after dinner?"
"No."
"Then who is the news guy?"
"He used to be my boyfriend."
"BUt now he isn't?"
"That's right. Now he isn't. We broke up."
"Then why is he here every night?"
"Because mom keeps feeding him."
"Can't you make him go away?"
"Apparently not. Mom has to quit feeding him. Eventually he'll go home"

In the end, I had to marry him. But see, SEE I USED to be a bad girl!

302014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

ok Uno so I went to Urban Dictionary for the help you could not give me.  got it.  Yup farmchiq you a bad girl indeed.  I have to wait for the appropriate time to use this phrase on my kids, see if I know something they don't (not likely but we'll see).  How bad is this??  Got to go to this forum to be bad and learn bad stuff.   Razz .  You kids are a BAD influence on me  tongue .

Found another "bad" song I like, its the theme from tv show called Cops I think

How does that story make you a bad girl Uno? I like it but it isn't bad or am I missing something AGAIN?!?!?!

312014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:17 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Ha ha, Authentic, you remind me of my ITalian father who was MORTIFIED the first time he laid eyes upon my rail thin boyfriend. HIs first words upon seeing him were, "Someone, give this guy a sandwich!"  And thus began a long and meaningful relationship of my mother feeding this stray, skinny boyfriend and skinny boyfriend showing up with regularity to eat my mom's good cooking.

Well, you have to feed them. I feed everyone. It's my thing. My brother will show up to pick something up/drop something off, and he leaves with a pocket full of cookies.

322014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:05 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

authenticfarm wrote:
prairie dog wrote:Well ladies and gents I prefer being fit , being a bit over weight weighs heavily on my mind and I have resolved to loose the excess because it makes me feel sluggish ...............and I have always held a steady weight ( 180 lbs ) and now about 15 pounds over has me thinking about the new gym that opened up and maybe joining it so that come summer I'll have that six pack  and large arms that I seem to have let slip ( over fifty but still in shape ) away through non exercising , noticed it started changing around the age of 50 . I eat what I want , always have and have never had any issues with weight ....... metabolism I guess .....and have always taken pride in being fit ( my nephews all try ....yes try to keep up with me , but so far I am still leading ) and looking fit . If you feel good the way you are then hey go with it and enjoy life , myself ? get back to the weight I want , pump a bit of iron and enjoy the beach and all that it has to offer ......

And see, if you were here, I would feed you up to a good 250 lbs. In my best Ukranian baba voice: "You look skinny! Have some perogy. You hungry? I make you a sandwich. Here. I make you a pie."

You can be my baba anyday =)
One part of my childhood was living in an Italian neighbourhood. Many of the kids folks didn't speak English or very little. I swear, anytime of day I would go to see a friend, someone was cooking. They would sit you down, place a plate in front of you and make the sign with one hand to "Eat?!" Then living and working in apartments, you get exposed to the wonders of multiculturalism. Again, someone from somewhere offering to share their food. I sort of miss that living in a house.

332014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

Just an FYI - Authentic's cookies and baking in general - oh and her culinary skills - all of it - is amazing - Im just glad I dont live any closer or I would end up 250lbs......perhaps she should bring baking to the show in February....hehehehe

342014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Magdelan wrote:
coopslave wrote: Often I want to do things for others and not just me, but it is still what I WANT to do.

this seems the essence of giving to me, true giving.  I would rather have a gift from someone who wanted to give a gift because it felt good to them than receive from someone who was obeying a guilt agenda or social pressure/ideal.  It isn't something you can force someone to do either, a genuine gift is not something that can be externally generated I don't think.  The idea of it can be planted maybe.  oooo, sounds like that movie Inception.  

Ok.  might be a bit slow here but I still don't know what "sofa king bad" really means.  Anyone want to elaborate for me?  

Love that wordplay!

Alpha Que Up!

Ice Bank Mice Elf!

352014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:52 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Love you Fowler, much needed giggle from me. Didn't think I had it in me today, but you found it!  Wink 

362014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:52 pm

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Fowler wrote:
Ice Bank Mice Elf!

Do you really? Is that before or after you run around the pool with scissors?

372014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Karaandblue wrote:Just an FYI - Authentic's cookies and baking in general - oh and her culinary skills - all of it - is amazing - Im just glad I dont live any closer or I would end up 250lbs......perhaps she should bring baking to the show in February....hehehehe

Mwahahahahaha!

382014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:01 pm

authenticfarm wrote:

That made me laugh , and remember a dear women who has passed on who used to do exactly that .....and she was a old Ukrainian to boot ! Her cooking I could eat and there was usually only room for a setting once she had laid it all out ....."".Eat , must put meat on those bones "", but I have developed a case of not being able to eat at a strangers table over the years ! I am uncomfortable when people serve me home made meals and always decline ......well almost always ....and it isn't fun . Most think I'm being disrespectful , but it's not that at all ! not sure how to explain it but if they serve say a bought pizza I might eat it  , home made ? never ! Most of the people I hang out with have come across this with me and understand , but every now and then when I'm at some ones place that I don't know and they serve me something ? it gets uncomfortable to say the least . But good ol Ukrainian food ! got a little bit of that culture in me as well .........love the food

392014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairies Dog is bad for not eating home cooked food!

Fowler is bad for using fake swear words!

Magdelan is bad for thinking she knows more than her kids! (good one, let me know how this works out)

Sue is bad for being naturally skinny. Oh, you're breaking my heart. Let me weep for you for a while.

CynthiaM is bad for trying all the whacko food ideas that pop into her head!

Authentic is a bad inner babushka.

Toybarons knows it was bad to leave an area of multi-cultural kitchens. Bad, bad, BAD!

IT'S ALL BAD! WE'RE ALL BAD! SSSSOOO DAAMMNNN BAAADDDD!

402014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Prairies Dog is bad for not eating home cooked food!

Fowler is bad for using fake swear words!

Magdelan is bad for thinking she knows more than her kids! (good one, let me know how this works out)

Sue is bad for being naturally skinny. Oh, you're breaking my heart. Let me weep for you for a while.

CynthiaM is bad for trying all the whacko food ideas that pop into her head!

Authentic is a bad inner babushka.

Toybarons knows it was bad to leave an area of multi-cultural kitchens.

Well, it is nice to be the good one in a group for a change. Doesn't happen very often for me!  Rolling Eyes   Laughing 

412014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

uno wrote:

well as we might all have guessed, I know nothing in the face of what my kids know.  I tried it out, was quizzed as to whether I knew what I was saying and who told me about it (who is the parent here and now I ask?!?!?!).  I fessed up, it was my "chicken friends."  My youngest who has the wit of a fox said to me that when I was done graffiti-ing my chicken house, come in for a cup of tea.  Mocking cheeky cheeky. I forgot the sharp minded wit of the teenage boy.  There is nothing like it and I fail on a regular basis to trump it.  Every now and then I manage to throw them a curve ball but it is rare.

422014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:54 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

prairie dog wrote:That made me laugh , and remember a dear women who has passed on who used to do exactly that .....and she was a old Ukrainian to boot ! Her cooking I could eat and there was usually only room for a setting once she had laid it all out ....."".Eat , must put meat on those bones "", but I have developed a case of not being able to eat at a strangers table over the years ! I am uncomfortable when people serve me home made meals and always decline ......well almost always ....and it isn't fun . Most think I'm being disrespectful , but it's not that at all ! not sure how to explain it but if they serve say a bought pizza I might eat it  , home made ? never ! Most of the people I hang out with have come across this with me and understand , but every now and then when I'm at some ones place that I don't know and they serve me something ? it gets uncomfortable to say the least . But good ol Ukrainian food ! got a little bit of that culture in me as well .........love the food

I married a Ukrainian, I'm not actually one myself. I am pretty certain that Ukrainian food is mostly responsible for my current zaftig shape.

Because really, why wouldn't you want to take a carb, stuff it with carbs and dairy, boil it, toss it with fat, and then dollop more dairy over top? And that's just the perogy and perishke. Then there's the holopchi and nalysnyky ...

And of course, you MUST serve at least two varieties of meat at every major meal.

Vegetables are kind of an after thought. Unless you count cabbage and onions.

432014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:12 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:Love you Fowler, much needed giggle from me.  Didn't think I had it in me today, but you found it!   Wink 

I think I may have frightened Fowler off with my stalker like comment.
I don't REALLY love you Fowler, not in that way. And it wasn't me you saw staring at you the other day, truly.... Embarassed 
You can come back now, I made it all right.  Wink 

442014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:38 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well I do REALLY love Fowler. Really. Love him. And that is bad.

Sorry COop, didn't mean to leave you out of the bad loop. My memory is bad and I forgot you. Let's see, what makes Coopslave bad...shall have to ponder this. Oh !You post thought provoking posts that bring out the bad in me. Way to be.  Neutral 

452014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hiss Soon Oh Sofa King Bad?

462014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler, you have no idea!

I had to read that 5 times before I got it. Duh. Uno is bad, but not smart.

472014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 pm

authenticfarm wrote:
prairie dog wrote:That made me laugh , and remember a dear women who has passed on who used to do exactly that .....and she was a old Ukrainian to boot ! Her cooking I could eat and there was usually only room for a setting once she had laid it all out ....."".Eat , must put meat on those bones "", but I have developed a case of not being able to eat at a strangers table over the years ! I am uncomfortable when people serve me home made meals and always decline ......well almost always ....and it isn't fun . Most think I'm being disrespectful , but it's not that at all ! not sure how to explain it but if they serve say a bought pizza I might eat it  , home made ? never ! Most of the people I hang out with have come across this with me and understand , but every now and then when I'm at some ones place that I don't know and they serve me something ? it gets uncomfortable to say the least . But good ol Ukrainian food ! got a little bit of that culture in me as well .........love the food

I married a Ukrainian, I'm not actually one myself. I am pretty certain that Ukrainian food is mostly responsible for my current zaftig shape.

Because really, why wouldn't you want to take a carb, stuff it with carbs and dairy, boil it, toss it with fat, and then dollop more dairy over top? And that's just the perogy and perishke. Then there's the holopchi and nalysnyky ...

And of course, you MUST serve at least two varieties of meat at every major meal.

Vegetables are kind of an after thought. Unless you count cabbage and onions.

Exactly ! rich and delicious ..........

482014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:31 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:
coopslave wrote:Love you Fowler, much needed giggle from me.  Didn't think I had it in me today, but you found it!   Wink 

I think I may have frightened Fowler off with my stalker like comment.
I don't REALLY love you Fowler, not in that way.  And it wasn't me you saw staring at you the other day, truly.... Embarassed 
You can come back now, I  made it all right.   Wink 

I've had much worse said bout me, rest assured.

Ark Ew Pass Lay Van Noon Oh Alpha Quid Dup?

492014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:26 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

OMG I love this post!
I still haven't had time to finish reading all

502014, I'm going to be BAD! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:29 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

Ah, I pushed the wrong button...
What I meant to say is I love this post!! I haven't even finished reading it all, I'll have to finish later, I'm just on the 3rd page, but I love the insight and humor!!
Oh and I loved this... I'm on mobile phone so don't know how to do the quote thing, just copy and paste...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum