Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Lady in Red - day one of 2014

+2
coopslave
islandgal99
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Empty The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:55 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well, the first day of 2014 has reminded me that life is what you make it. And that even when life gives you sour lemons, you can still make something wonderful from it.

Today I had the pleasure of meeting the kindest and sweetest lady. Someone had taken her umbrella on the ferry. That is very true as I saw her umbrella on the seat, as I walked past, when she left to use the ladies room. She returned and her umbrella was gone. She asked me if it had been turned in to lost and found by mistake - it had not. The crew made a PA. No joy there. Here's the catch - the umbrella WAS on the ferry, somewhere - somebody knew where it was. Another PA was made, asking that the person who had "mistakenly picked up the lost umbrella, please leave it behind on your seat or with a crew member when you leave, as there is a very sweet lady who will have to walk in the rain without it". No response. I sat and spoke with the lady for a bit, and she said to me "you know, they say that people don't take things from you unless you have things to take, so I guess that means I have something! And you know, they probably need it worse than me, I don't have far to walk anyhow, and I have a hat - I'll be fine". She never stopped smiling. But she had faith that someone would leave it behind, and she waited until all the traffic was gone.

The umbrella was left behind!!!

It was a lovely leopard print umbrella, and went well with the lady dressed in red. Thank you lady dressed in red...I'm pleased to have started my 2014 off meeting you. I had a fleeting thought as she waved from the shore, I wondered if she was maybe an angel... Smile

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

2The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Empty Re: The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:00 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice!

3The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Empty Re: The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yeah, nice :-).

4The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Empty Re: The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:33 pm

I just had goosebumps all over my body when I read that last line, so I think that yes indeed, you met an Angel today.  Good for you for recognizing it, and good for us that you shared!  Thank you, thank you!

5The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Empty Re: The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:51 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I believe in angels. You should too.

newbe enthusiast

newbe enthusiast

What a lovely story. I'm so glad that it turned out in the end.

7The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Empty Re: The Lady in Red - day one of 2014 Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What a lovely story, how delightful to meet such a wise and wonderful lady

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum