Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2014, I'm going to be BAD!

+10
CynthiaM
Fowler
Ruffledfeathers
Echo 1
authenticfarm
Magdelan
Schipperkesue
Karaandblue
coopslave
uno
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

12014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:09 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Coopslave's anti-smoking add brings this to mind for me. Something I struggle with.

If I have to suffer through one more holier-than-thou exercise for 40 minutes a day, eat right, drive slow, don't smoke, cut out wheat SERMON, I might throw up!

Oh my good Gordon, we have become a generation of people who think we have to live long at any cost. Well guess what, you're going to be dead at the end of this ride anyway! YOu can be dead NOT eating cream cheese (and wishing you had) or you can just be dead thinking, wow, that bagel and cream cheese was amazing!

How much denial makes sense and how much denial is just puritanical preaching that makes you think you're so much better than the fat slob next to you on the bus. What if, just what if, that fat slob has a whole lot more fun in his life than you do? He may die sooner, but maybe he'll die having lived more? Longer is not MORE! Longer without wine and cream cheese and toast with peanut butter can just bloody well be a long, miserable life sentence of putting in time. Time being good, but not having a good time!

What is the point of this life? To die thinking you did it better than the next guy? Pfft, get over yourself. I have pondered this question and I have no solid answer to what is the point. But I look around at the factions that preach exercise, being thin, getting sleep, eating unprocessed foods, blah, blah, blah and I wonder, what the hell are these people going on about? What are they really selling? Really? THEY ARE SELLING FEAR! FEAR! And the false illusion that you can do something to prolong your life. Fear and delusions wrapped up in one bundle of fantastic marketing.

Do I want to drop dead tomorrow? No. Do I want to drop dead at 90? Depends. Maybe if between now and 90 all I do is obsess about what I'm eating, how much weight I'm gaining, what my blood pressure and cholesterol are doing, how other drivers are driving...maybe if my life becomes a spastic worry about staying alive to fret and worry one more day, maybe I'm better off dead?

So many enjoyable things are bad for you. News flash, the number one cause of death, is life. So. What should I do when a skinny chick in spandex jogs past me on the park bench as I eat my bagel and cream cheese and she tut tuts at my lack of health related choices, what should I do? Should I throw down my bagel and join her in a jog? Hell no! I should stick out my foot and trip the uppity witch. Take that, you spandex clad zealot! As healthy as you are, you never know what's going to get you.

Children should be protected from bad choices because children are stupid. But when you are older and you know that there is an end to all of this, an end that you really cannot control no matter what you want to believe, then you are stupid to deny the pleasures that there are. Do you want to be a good looking, fat free, GMO free, cholesterol free corpse? Well knock yourself out. But I want to die with a smile on my face and my marker will read," Ate what she wanted, Did what she wanted, Had fun, are any of you other dead people any better off?"

(sighing deeply, shaking head) I get that we should not make bad choices. I get that living well means sometimes saying no to (I can't think of anything but I'm sure some of our better living members can). I get that to a point taking care of yourself is your responsibility so you hopefully do not become a burden on anyone else. BUT....there are those believers who take everything to an extreme. I get very tired of the preachy preachy tone our world is taking on.

In 2014, I plan on taking up some bad habits. And the first person who shakes a preachy fingera t me is likely to find that finger served to them on a toasted bagel with cream cheese!  Cool 

22014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:25 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Interesting Uno.  I am not one to actually care about living a long time.  I too, want to enjoy my life to the fullest, but I want to feel good now and that is why I make some of the choices I make.  So I feel good and healthy (bit of a laugh with this nasty cold/flu thing I have at the moment) now but I don't really care if I live a long time.

So my philosophy is a bit of be as healthy as I can so I feel energetic and lively and then do all the fun stuff I can.  Try to do things that I get a kick out of.  If that happens to be going out for an indulgent meal, then I do it.  Popping a cork on a nice bottle of wine, sure, count me in.  Eating whole, unprocessed foods, happy with that to.  Hanging out with the chickens for most of an afternoon or going for a long ride on my horse when there is house work to be done, yep on those ones too.  Giving up things I enjoy, be it foods or activities, to live a longer life, no thanks.

Oh, I meant to say I look forward to hearing about some of the bad habits you plan to take up. Is getting a tattoo one of them?  Wink 

32014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:52 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Still thinking about the tattoo. BUt it sounds like you have a handle on this whole issue. As soon as I have a bad habit, I'll let you know. For now, I'm still pretty dull.

42014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

Uno - I'm with you in 2014. Lol. It has taken me many many years to figure out who I am. I like me. Am I perfect? Nope! Do I conform to all the social norms? Nope! Do I care? Nope!! Simply because I'm happy. Happy with my horses, dogs, chickens and goats. Yup for sure I am. Well the goats and chickens need improvement, and the horse will continue to improve that's just the way it is but for now, I'm happy.
Enjoy that cream cheese and bagel. As long as you are happy and your life choices aren't detrimental to your health and happiness - have at it Smile
And coop - I love your philosophy Smile
All the best to you all in 2014.

52014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Uno. There is way too much in this world to worry about. I plan not to concern myself with the worries of others and that includes the fate of this world. I will be dead in 40 years, I am sure, and in the grand scheme of things my little life will make no difference here nor there. I plan to eat bacon, enjoy chocolate, exercise when it pleases me, be kind to my friends, love my husband, work hard in my job, ignore the opinions I don't ask for and enjoy every season, including winter.

62014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Uno I just love your post.  I like to flip the bird to all those societal pressures of what is normal and good and right, keep it all squeak, don't rock the boat, don't fight for individuality and personal expression, don't fight for rights . . . basically just be a mindless pleb who aspires to a vacuous and boring life.  Screw the bb doll mentality (I had 11 of those little darlings, not because my mother forced them on me but because I just HAD to have them  Shocked , and felt bad about my muscle bound legs my whole life cause I didn't have those elegant skinny jobs that the cool girls did, I have to seek hi and low to find zipper boots that will fit my calves  -  until I didn't feel bad one day, whew, what a relief  Twisted Evil ).  That good/bad thing is such a mighty and yet impossible thing to reckon with.  Nothing quite so groovy as that saying that goes "honor amongst thieves"   -  what is good and bad is all relative.  I loved my smoking years.  It was love and hate though.  In the end I resolved to love it while I did it because I know that if I have an attitude about it being bad for me then that is what I'd get.  If I could master that attitude then bully for me but in the end I knew I didn't have it in me so had to quit, my life would have been shorter and I do want a long life cause I got a lot to do in it before I wear the body out and need a new one.  I know of a philosophy that says if you believe something is poison for you then so it will be.  That is quantum physics actually.  What the observer sees and accepts as real then so it is.  Google the double slit experiment.  It is non-classical science which confounds the classical scientists and it is a piss off to people who like nice neat tidy boxes of good and bad, right and wrong.  Basically it means we are powerful.  What we put our mind and will to effects our reality.  No one likes to teach that in school to kids cause social conditioning to accept "normalcy" seems to take priority, be a good boy or girl like so and so ya ya ya yaaaaaaaa.  grrr.  this is a bug bear with me.  

Hate to do it (not really  What a Face ) but I disagree with you, kids are not stupid wholeus bollus across the board.  So many factors influence our lives (genes, soul agenda, social environment . . . ) but if the awareness is cultivated and allowed to grow in them (as opposed to being squashed and stomped on by adults and society to dumb down as in many school situations  -  what prompted me to home school until I burned out) they often see right through the false veneer of silly game and drama that adults often get totally involved in.   When I say to my sons to do such and such, and they don't want to, I get "but you don't do it"  -  they are teenagers now, I taught them to think for themselves and this was risky of course because I also taught them about hipocrassy!   I know this sounds pious and squeaky clean but stuff it, I stand by it.  I still haven't had a good argument given me as to why "do as I say, not as I do" is really sound ethic.  I just buck that system.

Geeze, took me to my early twenties to discover I hated that socially accepted idea that there is something called "normal"  -  it simply doesn't exist, just socially accepted ideals that everyone strives to achieve but only a few people have.   The world is so varied and if people don't look they will miss out on it and live with a narrow little window as their periscope on life.  Fat for example is highly rated in some of the pacific islands.  It is a status symbol if I got my memory right.  I'd probably fit in there fairly happily, might even feel safe wearing a bikini :-).  

Actually Sue, your "little life" does affect the world.  I have learned lots here, not just from you of course, from everyone and I'm richer for it.  At night I have a wind down chat with my boys often, tell them the things that happen in my day and they tell me about theirs.  Over the past few months I have learned so much from this forum in my chicken obsession, and in other topics discussed here, I sometimes share with them.  A few weeks back my eldest son said to me "Mum I learn something new from you every day"  -  I looked at him to see if he was mocking me cause they joke about me and the chickens quite a bit, but he wasn't mocking at all.  He was genuine.  So, it feeds on like a spider web.  I think it is in the grand scheme of things that how we choose to live our lives does make a difference.  I expect this seems super confrontational but it is how I think.  

I also want to hear what "bad" s--t you get up to Uno  -  you are already far from boring (to me anyway) :-).  

song for ya

72014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:05 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Life is too short to not eat butter and bacon and cheesecake.

Also, the day I can't outwork a skinny bitch is the day I will rethink my lifestyle.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

82014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:17 pm

I am just sitting here loving this whole thread.  Thanks all!  I agree Coopslave with the idea of doing things that are good for me because they make me feel better.  I used to eat much less mindfully than I do now and I had less energy, was in crappy shape, felt bad about my body.  So in that sense I do things that are strictly "good for me" because they make me feel better.  Magdelan, I think I like every line you wrote.  If I were even slightly articulate I might have written something close to your post, but please accept it as a compliment when I say "Ya!  What Magdelan said!" 

Uno, let's get into some trouble together.  I hope motorcycling is on your list.  I still have the 650 in the barn.... Wink  We could ride out to the local tattoo shop together.

92014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:49 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Who's got Trouble? Wait, don't run! THis kind of trouble is lots of fun!

(and if you know the tune and rest of the words, you're older than Gordon!)

FarmChiq, I'm a biker from way in the 80s when I used to steal my brother's Virago and go burning around the countryside, unlicensed. Do I know how to ride? Yes. Am I legally able to? No. PERFECT! I SEE TROUBLE!!!!  Very Happy 

102014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pop-O-Matic pops the dice.
Pop a six and you move twice.
Race your men around the track and try to send the others back. That's Pop-O-Matic Trouble!

Race that illegal Virago over here, Uno, and we will play board games!

112014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:05 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, this is a fantastic new year resolution. One that will be actually FUN to keep instead of a mind twisting, self deprecating struggle.
I look forward to the updates as the year goes on. Oh, and don't worry, we will all keep reminding you of this!  Laughing 

122014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:07 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

authenticfarm wrote:Also, the day I can't outwork a skinny bitch is the day I will rethink my lifestyle.

Hubby used to say to me, what good is a woman that doesn't weigh more than a bale of hay? Funny, I used to find that a complement and endearing..........

132014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:49 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:Hubby used to say to me, what good is a woman that doesn't weigh more than a bale of hay?  Funny, I used to find that a complement and endearing..........

Bahahahaha! It's so true! Especially if you have those big, heavy alfalfa bales.

I like your husband already.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

142014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:40 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

HUb figures you're only as good as how much weight/traction you can add when seated over the rear tire of a stuck truck. It takes a woman of a certain heft to either add the required weight or be able to employ a well grounded push to the bumper. Yes, I have been used as both weight and a stuck truck pusher-outer. Hooray (she says feebly).

Board games! Yeah! They're bad!

152014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Uno you have made my day ........ THANK YOU! "Life is not about how many breaths you take, but about the moments that take your breath away."

162014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm NOT religious and am most likely going to spell this wrong but ...

HALLEHLUJA ??

Anyways that for my mind being spoken so beautifully. Damn skinny bitches don't know what they're missin'  Twisted Evil 

You have provoked my thoughts of do I have any skinny friends? Nope don't think so.
Are my children smart? Yup forever challenging the system.
Am I happy with who I am? Still working on that one, so far so good.

I think my 2014 should be filled with being more decisive. Stand my ground and try to find more fun. Maybe  scratch  coffee with the girls more often than once a month. Today was a bad  Crying or Very sad  day and I'm hoping this s--t year will just be done with me and the next will be better. Fingers xx'd it will be better, I'm wishing with all my might that it will be better.

Koodos to you all for being you and inspirations that you give  Very Happy 

172014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:43 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now, let me say I'm the first in line to trip a jogger in spandex, but we can't be too hard on those among us who are skinny. Some of our beloved members here might be skinny, through no fault of their own! Maybe they long to be hefty country gals like the rest of us, sturdy and utilitarian, but they were not blessed with the solid genes and sturdy frame like some of us. We cannot make them feel too bad. As long as they know they have an inner fat chick, they're okay in by book. Go with your bad, chunky self!

BUt if you weigh your food, refuse all fats, shop exclusively at organic whole food markets, do yoga, weight train AND jog, in spandex, keep your eye peeled for my foot. I'm mean like that.  Twisted Evil :

182014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I might not be able to be the one who gets to do the tripping but I will laugh my arse off when I see that fall  lol! 

192014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

No spandex but I would like to take up running to increase my endurance. But, having read this, now that sounds like it's too good.

Maybe if I ran with scissors instead... then it would be bad for me.

202014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:07 am

Fowler wrote:Maybe if I ran with scissors instead... then it would be bad for me.

Especially if you ran around a wet tile pool deck Fowler.  You'd be sofa king bad, nobody'd touch ya!

212014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:39 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, I eat what I want, when I want, and I will pass from this world being happy with what I have eaten. I do like to make some better choices for surely, but will not go out of my way. Like for example, the next time that I buy brown sugar, I am going to buy coconut sugar. I tasted it, oldest Daughter is a pretty health fanatic, and she looks fabulous and feels fabulous and has some nice alternatives to some things for eating. I think it is good for her. Youngest Daughter, she is me, she eats whatever, whenever and she looks really good too. Coconut sugar is made from the nectar of the coconut flower buds, and it looks like light brown sugar, and it tastes very similar, but is much better for you. In place of some oils, only now and then, depends on what, I use coconut oil now, I do like these few and simple alternatives. I am onto making something called "golden milk", made with tumeric, curcumin (spelling) and some other stuff. I'll let the cat out of the bag after I have tried some for awhile, I think it is a powerful product, and am doing some investigating. But back to the thread. Uno, I too will always eat and do what I only want. I think that living a life of happiness and lower stress about not worrying so much about what we eat, do, etc., will out live someone that stresses about everything in their life. Stress is a killer. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

222014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:54 am

Well ladies and gents I prefer being fit , being a bit over weight weighs heavily on my mind and I have resolved to loose the excess because it makes me feel sluggish ...............and I have always held a steady weight ( 180 lbs ) and now about 15 pounds over has me thinking about the new gym that opened up and maybe joining it so that come summer I'll have that six pack  and large arms that I seem to have let slip ( over fifty but still in shape ) away through non exercising , noticed it started changing around the age of 50 . I eat what I want , always have and have never had any issues with weight ....... metabolism I guess .....and have always taken pride in being fit ( my nephews all try ....yes try to keep up with me , but so far I am still leading ) and looking fit . If you feel good the way you are then hey go with it and enjoy life , myself ? get back to the weight I want , pump a bit of iron and enjoy the beach and all that it has to offer ......

232014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:58 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

farmchiq wrote:
Fowler wrote:Maybe if I ran with scissors instead... then it would be bad for me.

Especially if you ran around a wet tile pool deck Fowler.  You'd be sofa king bad, nobody'd touch ya!

I read this.

I thought, sofa king bad. That's a weird saying. Maybe a spelling error.
Sofa. King. Wait..oh...woo...OH MY GORDON! Farm Chiq is BAD
she is sofa king bad! I bow down before you, you foul thing, you.

242014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Some of our beloved members here might be skinny, through no fault of their own!

Glad to know it is not my fault. I think it helps to never have had any kids. I eat what I want without problems, adore, fatty, sugary, carb laden food. I can't help the way my metabolism works.

252014, I'm going to be BAD! Empty Re: 2014, I'm going to be BAD! Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:07 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

farmchiq wrote: You'd be sofa king bad, nobody'd touch ya!

Naughty, naughty, but seriously wouldn't want you any other way!  Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum