Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabric SWAP buddies are sent.

+9
bcboy
mirycreek
'lilfarm
Prairie Chick
Micah and Kiah
authenticfarm
cbrookkelly
Schipperkesue
uno
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:30 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:Saw this posted by my friend on facebook, you all need to make one of these, so cute.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That is so cute!
Now just think how inspired you are going to get tonight!
(I am dragging HR to a quilt display!)
Laughing
I would be happy to send you some fabric so you can get started too Twisted Evil

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

77Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We will see how I make out tonight. Smile
I do need to take up a new hobby so maybe Twisted Evil

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

78Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cotton and quilting are addicting. I do not say this lightly. They are addicting. You will find yourself unable to walk past a shelf of cotton fabrics without reaching out to touch. You will lay awake at night wondering how that pattern you saw goes together.

But when you have gotten really bad you reach the point where I am. I call it Wreckless Yardage.

Wreckless Yardage is a condition that causes you to sneer at fabric purchasers who come in and buy .2 or .3 of a metre. You want to grab them by the shoulders, shake them while shouting, "just buy the whole damn metre and be done with it, woman!" I do not buy fabric, EVER in less than 1/2 metre cuts. I have never made a fabric store lady figgle and wiggle a little, skinny slice of fabric. Hell no! Give me the whole metre! Hell, give me two! Or three, Ba ha ha, nothing can stop me! Money Throw I now and then buy a fat quarter but frankly find them useless. I am not a fat quarter collector. I want YARDAGE! Now hand it over!

So, since there is no known treatment for this condition, the best way to avoid it is to simply not be a quilter. Just say no. Walk away. Set down your rotary cutter and move slowly away from the sewing machine with your hands in the air where we can see them. Nice and easy.

Going to quilt shows is a dumb thing to do if you are trying to get a grip on your Wreckless Yardage. Just sayin.

79Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty fabric swap Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 am

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

mirycreek wrote:Me still waiting too.......... Crying or Very sad

I am so sorry Mirycreek! I sent it ages ago! Please let me know the second you get it, ok? If you don't get it by the end of the week let me know and I'll send more!

80Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh I am in your club UNO Embarassed

I am making a rag quilt for my sisters 40th bday so I headed to fabricland grabbed some flannel and minky and other stuff I didn't need but it was on sale. Min a yard of each fabric, some fabrics I got 2 yards. I didn't buy enough so I went online and ordered some more BUT I lay awake that night thinking I didn't order enough and it was on sale...so the next day I order more Shocked Eeek!

Oh yeah, Love that quilt Jayme

81Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

authenticfarm.....you should have yours by now

82Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

We haven't checked the mail yet this week! My husband will probably check it tomorrow.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

83Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Everyone who wanted to be in the fabric swap really needs to have sent their fabric to their buddy by now! (she says tapping her foot)

I am still waiting, practically mug the poor mail lady when she pulls up at our mailbox. She's afraid to get out of her car now, slides out slow and easy with a can of pepper spray aimed in my direction. Relax already, sorry I pushed you in the ditch that day. But she really was being slow and pokey about getting the mail in the boxes, much easier for me to rummage through the back of her car, while she laid in the ditch. Come on. This is fabric we're talking about.

If anyone is unsure who they needed to send fabric to, pm me and I'll get you all straightened away.

I keep counting the sleeps until my fabric arrives!

84Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

No one here got to the post office today ... maybe tomorrow? Or Monday.

85Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Has the Fabric Arrived YET??? Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:41 am

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

Mirycreek. sorry to pester... I was just looking forward to hearing if you liked the fabric...at first I was confused as to what a fat quarter was but Uno straightened me out. Just to be sure I sent two fat quarters of complimentary fabrics I really liked. If you don't have them next week I want to send new ones.

86Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:19 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

maybe we should check addrsses via PMs, see if you had the right address!
I will post as soon as i get it!
I

87Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:43 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Maybe just to remind everyone:
BY the way, this will give away any 'surprise' fabric givers, not that this was necessarily a surprise event. But this may jog everyone's memory (I hope I sent everyone the right address! Shame on me if I didn't

Uno sends to Lil Farm

L'il Farm sends to Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick sends to Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah send to Miry Creek

Miry Creek sends to CBKelly

CBKelly sends to Authentic Farm

AUthentic Farm sends to Blackdove

Blackdove sends to Brahma Chick

Brahma Chick sends to me, Uno!

That's 9 of us moving fabric across the country. I hope Canada post appreciates our business!

88Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:12 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I decided to be good and not buy more fabric for my project. I am not at all good at scrappy quilting but I would like to use up some of the fabric I already have. I would like to try this pattern for myself. I have never made a quilt for myself, and hey if it turns out ugly, no pressure. Laughing

I went through my fabric and found some vintage looking fabrics to match the cute blue fabric from authenticfarm. Here's what I found so far...hope this works, my pictures don't seem to load very well...

The other pattern I may use is this one:

89Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:47 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

So cute, blackdove! I love both of those patterns!

90Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooh, so pretty! I like the top one best! Each square further subdivided into rectangles. Neat!

91Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

i like how the white borders set off the fabric, it is almost a "stained glass" look Blackdove.
I am thrilled to report I picked up my fabric today!
Thank you so much Micah and Kiah, no idea why it took the slow route but it is here now and that is all that matters, and x2 you were generous!
Cute card too, I will try to post a pic here now:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and heres a closeup:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It seems to have a bit of a Christmas theme to it,such cute lil angels, It will be fun to work with!
I love how you get fabric you might not have chosen for yourself and it broadens you a bit...
Thanks again!

92Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:32 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

messaged my receiver and hasn't been to the mail so it is likely sitting and waiting Smile

93Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:36 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Isn't that cute, Miry! These fabric swaps are so fun, aren't they? cheers

I started cutting out my fabric today. I will likely be the last to finish my project, but I am excited to be making something a little different than I usually make... and finally a quilt just for me. Very Happy

Brahma Chick should have received her fabric from me last week but if she is like me it takes a while to get to the post office, especially during business hours.

How is everyone else doing on their projects?

94Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:40 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Got mine today! Such lovely fabrics!! I definitely have some that will go well with these ...

95Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooohh, Authentic, what yummy stuff! Awesome!

96Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got my fabric. I am so happy. And now I'm dancing. I sprained my ankle. While I was typing. Dancing and typing. (please read this with annoying sing-song tune)

Thank you Brahma Chick! I am impressed with your envelope stuffing ability. Pictures to follow.

97Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Awesome! Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

Mirycreek I am SO relieved that it arrived! Yep, sent x2 as I was a bit confused at first about how much a fat quarter was....I liked the cheery, young, Christmasy feel to the fabric. The little post card was as close as I could get to sharing a cup of tea with you. I look forward to seeing what you make!

98Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 am

Brahmachick

New Here

I am glad you liked my picks. I just could not make up my mind. I have to thank Blackdove for the fabric she send me. It is going into a purse that i have been looking for fabric for. Will get that done next after the bird show. All the time to get ready is going fast. Hope to post pictures of the finished product soon. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

99Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:23 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just now gettingaround to posting a pic of the brilliant fabric Brahma Chick sent me. A lovely note came with it too! Now what to make?

100Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 4 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:54 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very cute fabrics!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum