Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabric SWAP buddies are sent.

+9
bcboy
mirycreek
'lilfarm
Prairie Chick
Micah and Kiah
authenticfarm
cbrookkelly
Schipperkesue
uno
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 6 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:29 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lilfarm, I am speechless. I sent you tough fabrics. Tough! Fabrics that have stumped me for years. It didn't matter what I tried to do with those prints, it was wrong.

I had to look twice at your quilt top, having forgotten I had sent those prints. I thought, oh no she did not. But oh yes you did! That quilt is brilliant! You are very bold and confident. Like Sue said, green and purple, huh, who knew.

I am amazed. Excellent work!

127Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 6 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:16 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is beautiful!
Did you get all those different fabrics in your swap package?
Great job, you are very talented lilfarm!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

128Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 6 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:55 am

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

mirycreek wrote:It is beautiful!
Did you get all those different fabrics in your swap package?
Great job, you are very talented lilfarm!

Uno sent me the lilac, green and floral material. When I opened the package I told my husband that I felt like such a cheapo because I only sent one fabric to my swap buddy Embarassed Uno was very generous!!! I added the off white fabric to the mix. Initially I tried a stark white cotton sheeting (even cut the strips for it) but it looked horrid. I went to the quilt store and found a very pale off white that blended perfectly with Uno's fabrics. lesson learned - the right color and the quality of the fabric can make all the difference. I had to be super miserly and careful with my cutting to have enough to make a lap size quilt (60' x 60"). Thanks for the kind comments. I'm very pleased how it turned out but I think I got a bit lucky.

129Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 6 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:38 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

'lilfarm wrote:
Uno sent me the lilac, green and floral material.

Uno, you troublemaker! Did you expect Lilfarm to use all the cloth in the same project? You did that on purpose, just to be challenging, you contrary girl, you!

130Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 6 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:45 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

'lilfarm wrote:I had to be super miserly and careful with my cutting to have enough to make a lap size quilt.

I think I see a couple places where you had to sew on an extention.

First nations peoples will often purposely incorporate a mistake into their artwork. I have seen this in some intricate beading. Only the Creator is perfect and for humans to attempt perfection would liken yourself to the creator.

You are a humble lady.

131Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 6 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:57 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I did send Lil'farm 3 fabrics, and they were TOUGH! But I did not expect her to use them all, or any for that matter. She could have thought, ugh, and taken them to the thrift store. She sure had a tough road ahead to use them all in the same quilt, I can't believe she did it! And it turned out perfectly.

As for adding pieces Sue, I add pieces all the time. I also have given up the idea that quilts must be symmetrical and even. In fact, I have taken extreme liberty with my quilts and never once been visited by the Quilt Police to have quilting infraction charges laid against me. I have never been thrown in the Thou Shalt Not Improvise quilt jail, and I have improvised, substituted and changed direction. In fact, perfect quilts weird me out a little. I aim for them, never get there.

Li'Farm, I bow down to you. That is amazing, I love looking at what everyone has done! The talent simply oozes out of us!

132Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 6 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:52 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well, its been a long time, but I so enjoyed going through all these posts and thought I would show you pics of my completed fabric swap project.  It took me way too long, I know.  Hey Uno, wanna do another swap?  hee hee

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

133Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 6 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun May 31, 2020 10:11 am

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cool Cool Cool

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum