Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabric SWAP buddies are sent.

+9
bcboy
mirycreek
'lilfarm
Prairie Chick
Micah and Kiah
authenticfarm
cbrookkelly
Schipperkesue
uno
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Keep your eyes peeled in your private message boxes to tell you who you send your fabric to. Of course, I have not told you who you are getting your fabric from! I would encourage each of you to include a little note to your fabric buddy letting them know who you are. While we all chat here on the site, a handwritten note has a much more personal feel to it.

There will be 9 pieces of cotton whizzing their way across the country to various crafters. Hope to see pics of fabric and the crafts we each make. Throw off these winter blahs.

Hmm...now which piece do I want to put in an envelope and send off to...oops, that's a secret. She'll just have to wait.

2Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now Nuo, is there a theme to this cotton so it can be artistically combined with other cotton? Is everyone getting 8 pieces from each of the other members or is everyone getting one piece to work with? sorry, I have not been following your posts since my cloth is still all walled in under the stairs- "Cask of the Amontillado- style".

3Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

No, no theme. You just send whatever you feel like sending.

No, everyone will not get 8 pieces of fabric! Good Gordon...the postage! Everyone gets one envelope from their mystery fabric buddy. The only 'rule' is that it be 100% cotton. Since that is a very commonly used crafting fabric. As a quilter I am strictly about the cotton!

WHen are you going to get a wrecking bar and sledge hammer and liberate your fabric, SoSewlessSue? YOu've got to get in on the action one of these days.

4Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am worried about what might have been growing in there all this time. I have heard noises at night...

5Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:49 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Maybe it's a quilt!

6Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Naw, they are all growing out in the barn loft, providing insulation for the chickens and keeping the hiding Houdans happy.

7Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, just stop saying that. Just stop. Meanie.

8Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue bullies Nuo. Should she be banned? Razz

I know what Nuo is going to say. The pronoun 'she' follows the proper noun, Nuo. Therefore 'she' refers to Nuo!

9Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes! Banned! Walled into a cubby with moldy quilts! Bad SoSmarmySue!

10Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

What was this thread about again?

11Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:12 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Way to be, Sue.

12Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh I am so excited! How will I pick just one fabric to send?! So many possibilities!! cheers

13Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Way to be, Blackdove.

14Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

i sent mine Smile

15Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:39 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mine went out on Monday!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

16Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:33 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can feel the excitement growing all over the country!

17Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Fabric Swap buddies Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

Sent mine today, tried to scribble a note on a postcard... hope my swapper likes angels and stars

18Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:38 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh man! It did not occur to me to send a note. Well, someone is getting an anonymous package. lol

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

19Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:42 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Got mine! Thank you. It sure is pretty! Now what to make....

20Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Got my material today and I love it! It is so pretty and cheerful, thanks so much 'lilfarm...now to figure out something wonderful to make with it Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

21Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:15 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oooh, a large print. Large prints can be very dynamic in a quilt or other fabric item. I look forward to seeing what you do!

22Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairie Chick wrote:Got my material today and I love it! It is so pretty and cheerful, thanks so much 'lilfarm...now to figure out something wonderful to make with it Very Happy

Love it! Very vintage! I think whatever you make you should appliqué one of those big daisies on it!

23Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:19 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Oh I'm so glad you like it Prairie Chick! I loved the fabric and have a piece for myself for a future project. Have a couple ideas but nothing firm in my head. Love Schipperkesue's suggestion. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

24Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

A big thank you to Uno. I really love the material she sent me.

I love the lilac and the contrast of the green

here is the pattern I came up with..

Arghh, haven't even started sewing and I've already made a mistake! Laid out the cut strips and saw that I have the pattern in the green material going in 2 different directions. Embarassed I've cut all my strips already so it's too late to do anything about it. Feel like such a bonehead.

I have to decide how I'm going to applique the heart and I think I need to do that before I piece the block together. I'm going to alternate the fabric for each block. The applique is freaking me out a little. The only applique I've ever done is patching knees on my kids pants. LOL. I've got 36 blocks to do and don't think I'm going to hand stitch Shocked

Having fun though. It's like painting with fabric. cheers

25Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. Empty Fabric SWAP Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:55 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

Thank you Prarie Chick for the awesome fabric! I love that there are eggs in a basket on the one print. Fabric all the way from SK!!!!

I wish I knew how to make an chicken saddles. I need some more of those!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum