Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabric SWAP buddies are sent.

+9
bcboy
mirycreek
'lilfarm
Prairie Chick
Micah and Kiah
authenticfarm
cbrookkelly
Schipperkesue
uno
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:08 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

LOVE the make-up bag CBK! Those colurs are so rich!

Blackdove, yes that is my hand work, if you can call it that. BUT..it is decoartive, NOT structural. THose bits are ironed down with stickum and hands stitches, crude and country-like, are added for 'primitive' homespun appeal.

The applique that my grandmother used to do involved cutting out your shape with a 1/4 inche seam all around it. Pin it to your work and then carefully, with the tip of your needlie, tuck under that 1/4 inch seam and stitch the applique with the tiniest, invisibilest stitches ever. Patience, patience, patience!

52Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:02 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Wow, that's a really nice makeup bag cbrookelly. You are speedy!
As for me I've decided that at this stage of the game, life is too short to be a purist. I just can't get nice 1/4 " turned under seams and it's making me mental. I want to get on with the getting on. Highly unlikely my husband is ever going to say, "Honey, I can't believe you didn't use the needle roll technique". Heck, good chance he won't even notice the quilt! So Wunder Under it is. Going for the primitive homespun appeal. cheers

Last edited by 'lilfarm on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

53Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:05 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like it cbkelly! Did you put batting in beteen, it looks kind of padded?
Two loud prints but they look like they were meant to be together dont they?
cheers
and Blackdove, I think that is correct, you "sandwich" the top, batting and back together so you are "quilting as you go' and when done, you just put the binding on.
I havent tried that before but I want to do one of those flannel frayed edge quilts and that is how they are done.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

54Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

i did use batting....next I would like to do a different quilting pattern though Smile

55Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:22 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

cbrookkelly wrote:i did use batting....next I would like to do a different quilting pattern though Smile

Triangles are an easy and logical next step - plus you can do TONS of things once you master the simple triangle!

This describes the triangle method I use - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you cut the triangles on their own without cutting them and sewing them diagonally as squares first, they always stretch on the bias and it just doesn't work out as well.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

56Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:40 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

thank you so much for the link authenticfarm! I have been looking all over for the fat quarter pillow slip dress patters. There many great ideas here too.

57Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

AUthentic, I LOVE that quilt in your link.

That's one of those quilts where colour choice makes or breaks it. Some people are blessed with a keen sense of colour choice and never take a wrong step. Me...I've made some seriously ugly quilts because my colour sense is only 50/50 at best. I have looked at those pre-packaged kits and admired thier beauty. BUt I will admit here that I am an old school quilter plus I'm a quilt snob and feel like I'd be cheating to use colours someone else had picked for me. I should get over that. Maybe I'd quit lugging my quilts to the thrift store under cover of darkness.

58Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Maybe I'd quit lugging my quilts to the thrift store under cover of darkness.

They call her ... THE QUILTER. She hides her good deeds under the cloak of darkness, leaving her creations for the less fortunate on the doorstep of the thrift shop. She keeps many warm through the cold Canadian nights, but no one knows her true identity ...

59Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ha ha....not quite. Even cold people don't want ugly quilts, and who can blame them? I am so ashamed. Embarassed

60Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Ha ha....not quite. Even cold people don't want ugly quilts, and who can blame them? I am so ashamed. Embarassed

New charity: Quilts for the Colour Blind.

61Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:16 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Authentic! That can be our next great group task, ugly quilts for people who can't see! Great idea! You're a genius!

62Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:09 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Authentic! That can be our next great group task, ugly quilts for people who can't see! Great idea! You're a genius!

We can all use up our fabrics that we can't find another use for!

Now, to make it tax-deductible ...

63Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:29 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

WHo is still waiting to receive their fabric?

I haven't got mine yet. Maybe it will be in the mail today? This is worse than Christmas! Oh the anticipation!

We had 9 swappers, but I'm pretty sure 9 people have not said they have fabric already.

64Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:51 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Haven't received mine yet either.

65Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:34 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You should have it by now....I sent early last week Crying or Very sad

66Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Fabric Swap Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

Prarie Chick has your fabric arrived yet?

67Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Micah and Kiah wrote:Prarie Chick has your fabric arrived yet?

Yes I got my fabric last week from 'lilfarmer. I know what I am going to make, just need some interfacing Very Happy

68Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty fabric swap Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 am

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

oops, I had the wrong name! Mine went to Mirycreek. Have you gotten it yet?

69Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:40 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not yet but hubby is going to town today so will check the mailbox!
I got the quilting bug so started a bunch of other mini projects just to fill in the timef!

70Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:52 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Geesh this quilting is slightly addicting. Just finished my first real sized quilt! A twin for my neice Lexi. She turns 2 next week. She can use this when she gets her big bed Smile. Also made 3 more make up bags, a lapgan for the cats, and a tote bag for me.
Next up is another twin quilt for my 9 year old.

Also bouhgt enough fabric for a queen size quilt for me and a few other quilts. Fabricland has a buy 1 metre get 2 free sale on right now ! And i found the cutest tiny sewing store in Creston and bought some giant jelly rolls......

71Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Kelly you really dont do thing by halves do you? Laughing
Good for you, glad youre addicted (its a healthy addiction tho!)

72Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Saw this posted by my friend on facebook, you all need to make one of these, so cute.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

73Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Fabric Swap Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

I LOVE that idea! Now I bet you guys can look at it and see exactly how to make it but when I start thinking about it affraid

Mirycreek, has your package come yet? Starting to think the post office is walking it from Ontario to Saskatewan

74Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm still waiting Sad

75Fabric  SWAP buddies are sent. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fabric SWAP buddies are sent. Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:28 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Me still waiting too.......... Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum