Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FABRIC SWAP!

+6
blackdove
Micah and Kiah
Hillbilly
authenticfarm
mirycreek
uno
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FABRIC SWAP! Empty FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:19 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Who's interested?

We are kicking around some pretty heavy topics. People's lives are hurting. A fabric swap will not change any of that. BUt maybe a little package of unknown goodies in your mailbox will, just briefly, put a smile on your face.

Now that my Super Duper Basket Tutorial is floating around out there, maybe a piece of fabric in the mail will inspire you to wrap some cord. (I even saw where someone had printed it out on paper! I feel like a published author!)

I bought some insulated batting because I need to make a hot mat for my iron so I quit melting the plastic thing I keep accidentally setting it on! Maybe I need to make it with a piece of fabric from a WCPS friend, far away? That might make it specialer. (yes, I know specialer is not a word but since Sue isn't here to stop me, neener, neener, I will say what I want!)

RULES: You must send a piece of fabric to your assigned swap buddy. It must be fat quarter or larger, but not more than 1/2 meter.( A fat quarter is aprox 22 inches, x 18 inches. It's one metre, cut into 4 pieces.)

Who wants to play?

2FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

me, me, me!
I want to play! Just a warning if you are playing with Uno you may get more than you bargained for (I did Very Happy )

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:16 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooooh, I will play!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got a piece of fabric in the mail once. It was a beautiful little piece that resides on my desk in front of my keyboard. It still makes me smile whenever I sit down.

But no, I'm not in. I offered some fabric once in hopes of a shirt returning...

5FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:13 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is not a SHIRT swap Hillbilly, but you're the first guy I'll notify if we do a laundry swap.

6FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:15 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

NOTE: If any of our MALE readers have partners who are crafty and want to get in, you can do so on their behalf. Or maybe some of our guys are quilters, basket weavers, or just need a new hanky.

Hanky. What a funny word. Hee hee.

7FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It wasn't a shirt I offered.....if you remember it was a smaller piece.

Hanky, my dad always had one. Me, id rather use it and throw it away than put it in my pocket. Who's idea was THAT?!

8FABRIC SWAP! Empty Awesome Idea! Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

I'm in! I have the square cut and ready to go! My Mennonite mother-in-law will be so proud.

9FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You know I'm in uno!!! I need a happy distraction.

10FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Me too please Very Happy

11FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

I'd like to play!

12FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Goody! It's coming together. Everyone stay posted for further instruction in the next few days. CBK, RUDE avatar!

13FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:47 am

Eeew, CB Kelly!! That avatar is enough to make me send you some fabric just to cover up that poor bald...thing! But all I have for fabric are some plain pillow cases so I can't play.

14FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:11 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I think she is cuddly adorable! If I could have yet another pet this would be it Smile No hair on the sofa from this kitty Razz

15FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Brahmachick

New Here

I would love to join in to. It seems like a goo way to get inspired to create something new. I love to get inspired to start creating. I love you

16FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:51 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can add me to the list as well Very Happy

17FABRIC SWAP! Empty do you have enough of us yet? Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 am

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

How many people do you need for the swap to work? Do you have enough of us yet? do you want us to sent a certain colour or theme? Do we send them to Uno?

18FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

M & K, we did a swap before and I think there were 6 people involved. We encouraged each other to make a little something, or big something with your fabric present and share pics here on WCPS. I think creating is good for the soul!

No we do NOT send the fabric to me! I gather everyone's name and address, then set you up with a mystery swap partner, you don't know who is sending you fabric until it arrives! I tell you who you are sending fabric to. This is all done by private messages.

There is no colour theme or anything required. We just ask that the piece of fabric you send be 100% cotton (the most commonly used crafting fabric and the choice of most quilters) We like to limit the size to not larger than 1/2 metre, not smaller than a fat quarter, a size that you can reasonably fit into a medium size craft envelope.

ALL SWAPPERS NEED TO PRIVATE MESSAGE ME YOUR NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS.

We'll get this thing on the road! Stand by to find out who you send your fabric to. Goody, goody, goody!

19FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

bump

20FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:48 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just sent you my address!

21FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:54 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have everyone who was interested, except Brahma Chick.

Any other takers? IT's not too late but as soon as I hear from Brahma Chick, I'll be getting back to you all with your fabric buddy mailing address. Brahma Chick....come on down, you're the next contestant on Find Your Fabric! Private message me your name and mailing address.

22FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:45 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Got my package in the mail yesterday! My husband brought me the package whilst I was soaking in the tub. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning as I fumbled ineffectually with damp fingers to open the package. Passed it back to hubby and said “open it!” Out tumbles this fabric and the first thing out of my mouth was “oh my god (gordon), I feel like such a cheapo”. Then I read the enclosed note and we had a good laugh. So someone thinks that I, newbie quilter x 4 months, needs a challenge. LOL. Ah well; what I lack in skills I will make up for with enthusiasm. Anyways, I love the fabric and have come up with an idea how to use it. My only clues to the person who is either really mean, totally crazy or completely wonderful (could be the former but quite sure it’s the latter) is that I’m going make a lap quilt and I’m going to add an equal measure of pure white to make the colors pop and attempt to add applique to my list of fledgling quilting skills. I’ve drawn up the pattern and got all the measurements figured out and am ready to start cutting. Can’t wait to start piecing it together. Whoo hoo! bounce

23FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Omg that was fast... I won't be sending mine off until Monday, sry but I only go to town once a week.

24FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:58 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

sending mine out tomorrow!

25FABRIC SWAP! Empty Re: FABRIC SWAP! Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mine went to the post office today, which means it will go out tomorrow. I also don't go to town often at this time of year - I am in hibernation mode.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum