Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How can we make this a better forum?

+9
heda gobbler
Schipperkesue
CynthiaM
la-chicken
IzzyD
Derbyshire
niglefritz
toybarons
Jonny Anvil
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26How can we make this a better forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can we make this a better forum? Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

niglefritz wrote:I like the idea of archiving swiss cheese threads/topics. I hadn't thought of that. It makes much more sense than what I suggested. My thoughts had been that if something is hard to read through, most people do not have the patience to keep reading and/stay. It feels like too much work.

I like the idea of asking how & why a person come to this forum and what made them stay.

As for me, I was told about this forum from a member in my province. I only wish more were on here from MB...I don't understand why there are not many here...could that be something to work on...to try to attract more folks from out here somehow?  I tell those I know, but that doesn't add up to many.

I came on here to learn more about heritage breeds, find breeders and to learn more about poultry in general from those with more experience. I have been very happy with what I have learned here.

I am looking forward to seeing what changes will be made and the niche this forum will find. I find those types of challenges fascinating too, so I will be watching and learning from what goes on in this area as well. I just wish I could help with constructive suggestions. I guess just being here is something.

Hey,

Thanks for your input and mention of trying to attract more people from your neck of the woods.
I think it would be beneficial to be able to get more peeps from Manitoba to join. It would help to better represent your geographical location.

That is something that I will work on for sure!

One thing to consider is what is called the "Marketing Funnel" to quickly sum it up, you can market or advertise the forum to say 1000 people in Manitoba, out of those thousand or so reached out to only a select few will become "prospects" and from those "prospects" only so many will become consumers or end users.

For Example

Contact 1000 people
100 of these people become interested
10 of these people become members
1 of which will actually post regularly

27How can we make this a better forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can we make this a better forum? Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:32 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know for myself, life has gotten busy, and Facebook is easy to keep in contact. I still come back here and check in, but have never been a super big poster!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

28How can we make this a better forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can we make this a better forum? Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I personally am not on FB and don't plan on it anytime soon. I am very limited on what forums I am on and where I go. Personal choice.
I have been on ACE a bit more lately but it was because things have gotten a bit slower here. There seems to be a bit of overlap between the 2. Which can become boring but really what I like about this forum is the layout. I like how you don't have to enlarge things to read them. It's not overwhelming. I like that. I too have to add that I would like to be able to add pics easier too. Understanding of course that it might not be possible and that's ok.

29How can we make this a better forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can we make this a better forum? Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Ruffledfeathers wrote:I personally am not on FB and don't plan on it anytime soon. I am very limited on what forums I am on and where I go. Personal choice.
I have been on ACE a bit more lately but it was because things have gotten a bit slower here. There seems to be a bit of overlap between the 2. Which can become boring but really what I like about this forum is the layout. I like how you don't have to enlarge things to read them. It's not overwhelming. I like that. I too have to add that I would like to be able to add pics easier too. Understanding of course that it might not be possible and that's ok.

Thanks for your input, hearing back from members on the things that are important to them, and what draws them to the forum is helpful.

30How can we make this a better forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can we make this a better forum? Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:44 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

In a response to the suggestion of making it easier to upload photos to share on the forum. I took it on myself to make a Tutorial - Video, to guide others through the steps.

I have never made a tutorial video before and I did it at 5am or so in the morning, go easy on me  Razz  So I apologise if its not of good quality. Please offer feedback and I can always redo the tutorial video.

Right now you will notice across the top of every forum category is a "Global Announcement" on how to upload photos.

Click on this link here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or watch the video below Very Happy

Hope this is a helpful guide.

31How can we make this a better forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can we make this a better forum? Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:23 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Everything is looking good Jonny
One of the things that hurt the Forum was People getting upset Because they did not like the answers they were Given  Deleted parts of   the discussions so it left holes in the threads so people stopped posting as their posts started to make no sense as things were Missing  and also people did not like if other people were banned
I think it has the Possibly to become a good forum again
So maybe make it that stuff can not be deleted it would help alot when reading threads

Last edited by appway on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hit wrong button and was not finished writting)

32How can we make this a better forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can we make this a better forum? Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have to agree with appway. Very nicely put sir Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum