Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone make cheese ?

+2
Susan
Amy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Does anyone make cheese ? Empty Does anyone make cheese ? Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I want to try making cheese this winter and I have done some reading up(lots more to do). Where would you buy rennet ?

2Does anyone make cheese ? Empty Re: Does anyone make cheese ? Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I just bought it at the health food store here. There is a really good on line store with all sorts of cheese supplies- can,t remember the name of it off the top of my head. I'll see if I can find it. When I made it, I used raw milk and it turned out great! Have fun!

3Does anyone make cheese ? Empty Re: Does anyone make cheese ? Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:33 pm

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have a bunch of books but so far have only made yogurt. I is on the to do list.

Glengarry is a good mail order supplier of cheese making needs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Does anyone make cheese ? Empty Re: Does anyone make cheese ? Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:36 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don`t make cheese but my husband cuts it often (especially when I feed him lamb Embarassed ).

5Does anyone make cheese ? Empty Re: Does anyone make cheese ? Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That's it nuthatch- Glengarry! And cooposlave, that's just too bad Sad !

6Does anyone make cheese ? Empty Re: Does anyone make cheese ? Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Applejack does and she even does courses!

7Does anyone make cheese ? Empty cheese making Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:11 pm

applejack

New Here

Hey thanks Arcticsun, yep we do sell cheese supplies and kits and teach full day dairy course includes cheese and yogurt and butter..... actually Embarassed its actually a really good day to eat, eat and eat some more..... we provide lunch too...

http://www.canadiandextercattle.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum