Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weird Stuff

+7
Ruffledfeathers
Schipperkesue
SerJay
auntieevil
toybarons
authenticfarm
heda gobbler
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Weird Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:23 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Could you just imagine the investigation team this group would have Shocked I could see Miss Uno being the muscle and lil farm being the brain. Then they could switch it up cause Uno would ask a completely valid question and lil farm could beat the answer out of them. Sue, Artic and the gang could be the information super highway for all the investigations.

So on another strange thought

How are people able to live like this? That's what I don't get. Does anybody else?

27Weird Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:06 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

In my long time on this earth I have observed that not everyone has an equivalent set of morals. Imagine my surprise when I first discovered this! It is evident that some people are able to be dishonest in this world and still live with themselves. It would eat me up inside if I conducted my life the way some others do.

28Weird Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:11 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:In my long time on this earth I have observed that not everyone has an equivalent set of morals.  Imagine my surprise when I first discovered this!  It is evident that some people are able to be dishonest in this world and still live with themselves.  It would eat me up inside if I conducted my life the way some others do.
Ditto that. It's amazing how dishonest some people can be.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

29Weird Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I cannot stand sloth and dishonesty. Selfish Selfish Selfish. I had a neat discussion with the class and asked them Who here handed thier things in on time? And then Those who did, how do you feel about some people being able to hand in late... very  intersting. Nice to hear from the upper end rather than the lower end. I had said that I hated punishing the students who put in the effort because others did not. THe kids who did not put in the effort did not see thier being allowed to hand in late for full marks as being unfair or punishing.

30Weird Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Arcticsun wrote:THe kids who did not put in the effort did not see thier being allowed to hand in late for full marks as being unfair or punishing.
I bet they can now that you've had this enlightening discussion. What a good conversation to have, especially in the day and age we're in, the time of the "Gen Y" phenomenon! Rolling Eyes 

What age group does your class fall into ArcticSun?

31Weird Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:24 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

WHAT? You mean the world DOESN'T owe me a living, just because I draw breath??? But I'm SPECIAL.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

32Weird Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:13 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

heda gobbler wrote:WHAT?  You mean the world DOESN'T owe me a living, just because I draw breath???  But I'm SPECIAL.
Don't forget - you TRIED, and therefore, no one can criticize you. Because you TRIED.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

33Weird Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jr high, gr 7

I find it frustrating to have to give second, third, fourth fifth chances to students who have no intention of following through and know full well there is very little I can do about it. Even more frustrating is when the parents do come and they either do not care, or they believe that thier child is not being treated fairly/picked on by teachers/asked too much of/not allowed to express his true self/ bla bla bla. They really dont get it. And in many schools the kids can hand in thier work even after reportcard deadlines. We have to go back and change the reportcard. OR we have to give them an EXCUSED from that assignment. In my brother's highschool the kids were figuring out what grades they had to get up front in order to pass the class. They would do amazingly on the first x number of assignments and then stop taking notes/doing work/writing exams because even with the zero's they would pass.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum