Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weird looking sunshine

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Weird looking sunshine Empty Weird looking sunshine Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Yesterday was sunny and +15 and this is today. No wonder so many of my birds refuse to lay .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:58 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

blech! don't even get me started!! Evil or Very Mad

3Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

oh and we got WAY more than you!!! and it looks like it might start up again Evil or Very Mad

4Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:04 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh my goodness, I am just going to move a bunch of plants out to my hoop greenhouse, got some serious transplanting to do, yikes, maybe check the weather first.
Well we must need the moisture!!!!!

5Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my Dan, please keep that there!!! We had a wonderful day yesterday too, overcast and cool today but so far so good...My brother is here to do my chores this weekend, he will not be happy if there is white stuff to contend with...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

6Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

OMG Shocked I sure don't want any of that stuff here!!!!

7Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:01 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

moisture I agree with. Unfortunately there isn't much in snow, it's just dang cold and kills stuff!! At least when it rains it means it is above zero!

8Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:13 am

Well the picture that I posted at the top of this thread was at the beginning of the snow fall and it did get worse but you wouldn't believe that by supper time there was no snow to be found. All melted and green and brown everywhere.......until this morning........What kind of cruel trick is mother nature pulling this time ..there is 3" of snow this morning and it is still snowing. Out of seven breeds of chickens only two gave eggs this morning , them being the Australorp's and the Wheatons Marans , the rest of the breeds are all too po'd to give any eggs and I can't say that I blame them. I would take a picture but I don't want to go out anymore than I have to.

9Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:15 am

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I'd have to say, enough of the snow already and especially enough of this brutal wind.

10Weird looking sunshine Empty Re: Weird looking sunshine Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:18 am

Yes I think Mother Nature has had enough of us humans abusing the earth and she's trying to buck us off! With the wild weather we've had the last 2 years, this never-ending spring, high winds everywhere, tornadoes, death and destruction, I have to think that!

Even here in what would normally be the sunny Okanagan I see snow falling in the outlying hills and it's just not melting up there.

I hope it turns around soon for you east of us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum