Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weird Stuff

+7
Ruffledfeathers
Schipperkesue
SerJay
auntieevil
toybarons
authenticfarm
heda gobbler
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Weird Stuff Empty Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Does anyone else get emails from Rising Sun Alpacas? I used to get just ordinary "we have alpacas for sale" circulars from them. A little weird as they are in the US and I have no interest in alpacas - but whatever, I get lots of random circulars for animals for sale. I never responded to any of them.

Then the emails started descending into something between tragedy and madness. There was a fire and the new barn burned down killed alpacas, parrots, fish cats, - seemed a little strange to have them all in the barn together... then the owners had a falling out with some one they did a business deal with and they felt cheated and claimed more of their alpacas were gone without being paid for and then they started basically flaming this couple who bought/ had taken the alpacas - wild accusations - about that time I marked the emails as "junk" and didn't see them in my inbox anymore. But today I was sorting through my junk box and saw a recent email from them and it is even crazier - the owners were away and allege that during that time no only was their dog and ALL their alpacas stolen but hundreds of thousands of dollars in jewelry and paintings and cash. Wild allegations.

Does anyone else get these or is this just another form of phishing? Or is this person insane?

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

2Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:58 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like an insane person to me. You'd have to be nuts to document all of the negativity and mistakes you make, and put it out on the internet for the world to see.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:02 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have to say that would be weird getting emails like that. I can only say I have only had weird emails from one person. That was ages ago. I had to tell them to stop contacting me. Then I blocked them. The only time now I have a run in is usually on FB. But that too was ages ago, thankfully.

4Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:05 pm

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If you Google them, there is an article about them. Apparently they did lose their barn and house to a fire, as they were building the house over the barn.
These people must be pretty unlucky, as he (Mr. Schmidt) had just lost his hand in a firework accident.
They had no insurance, and were asking for help. Sounds pretty bad all around.
Not sure how you are on their radar, and ended up receiving e-mails and mailings though?

5Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:08 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Weird who needs soap operas when you get emails like that LOL

6Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:38 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I tried to "unsubscribe" for months but they kept coming back... like a bad dream. He is always so angry even at this distance it is a bit worrying. So I flagged it as "junk" and there it stays. I wouldn't want to contact him, even to tell him to go away.

It seems a little odd that he would have hundreds of thousands of dollars of jewelry, paintings and cash in his house for the taking. Paintings maybe but wouldn't you have a safe at least if you had that much jewelry and cash?

All very odd, even more so knowing it is true.

I'd forgotten about him getting his hand amputated.

7Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:58 pm

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sounds like distance is the best thing to keep between the two of you.

8Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

SerJay wrote:Weird who needs soap operas when you get emails like that LOL
Exactly what I was thinking!

9Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:32 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't think I'm the target at all - feeling this circular goes out to thousands of people. I think it is the all caps that makes it even more freaky. Just thought some of the rest of you might be on his circular list too...

Here's the text from the last one:

HELP SOMEONE HAS STOLEN MY DOG "CHONG" AND TAKEN HALF OF MY ALPACA HERD....I WAS OUT OF TOWN FOR WEEKS, WHEN I GOT BACK MY NEIGHBOR TOLD ME THE A SHORT BLACK MALE NAMED "SHANE" AND A TALL WHITE FEMALE WITH LONG BLACK HAIR AND A BIG GAP IN HER TEETH, IT IS BELIEVED THE LIVE IN GREEN BAY?
**ALSO STOLEN WAS $176,000. DOLLARS IN CASH THAT MY MOTHER GAVE ME..$235,000. IN PRECIOUS JEWELRY, $85,000. IN ARTWORK & $260,000. IN OTHER LARGE PERSONAL ITEMS. I HAVE PICTURES AND APPRAISALS ON MOST EVERYTHING! IF YOU KNOW WHO THESE THEIFS MAY BE,

PLEASE LET ME KNOW "REWARD"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
715-308-7004
MY 12,000.sq. ft. alpaca barn burned down and MY new home too, we lost 12-parrots, fish, cats and around 70-alpacas from our herd of around 110-alpacas.
"click here"
please forward this email to anyone who you think may be able to help ME

10Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:50 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Holy smokes what an odd thing to be putting out there. Some peoples children Suspect 

11Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:52 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very odd. As I don't have a clue I can't help him....

Sounds like a movie really.

12Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my goodness, that poor man! I feel so indebted to him, a perfect stranger! I feel compelled to send him money now! What is is his email address?

13Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:33 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I could let him have the five million dollars I was offered earlier this week.

His email is on the text Sue, you go right ahead and get in touch!

14Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:46 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Some people don't have good email etiquette, nor common sense, and when stress strikes some people loose it...and the more stress the further they go down a one way road to the funny farm. I do actually feel sorry for these folks, as the troubles seem genuine - but the paranoia seems to be mounting. I've seen people go loony and begin to believe the world is against them, and with every speed-bump they validate their own beliefs. And there really is no help for mental illness unless you are rich, atleast not in Canada and I can't imagine it's any better down south. It seems to me mostly like this person has just plain lost it. A spammer would be slightly more careful and demanding, I think.

But I won't be sending money...enough people around me who need help and I'll help my own community first.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

15Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

But the strange thing is that they seem to be awash in money.

16Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:22 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I googled the alpaca farm name and a facebook page popped up, full of all kinds of crazy drama.

17Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:38 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi:

My name is Uno.
I am very wealthy and successful and have amassed a fortune in cash, jewels and precious art, as well a some wormy livestock and bottom feeding fish. I have a really big barn, 12,000 sq, feet in fact. Not 10,000 like the other commoners that surround me. Guess what else I have that's really big and I don't mean my IQ.

When I laid down to take a nap, the big bad wolf came and he huffed and puffed and blew away all these great material things that I had, to which I am entitled, and the loss of which is so much more tragic for me than it ever would be for you. Since you are poor. And I am not.

However, what I apparently am is knuckle dragging stupid since I left all this nice loot unattended and even worse UNINSURED while I looked the other way and some gap toothed people came and cleaned me out. Quick! Send money. I need more stuff! I deserve more stuff! I feel completely fine asking the universe to provide me with stuff and if not the universe, then you can!

Make your cheque payable to Uno, Box 666, Head Up Ass, BC. Please hurry, winter is coming and I want to make sure I get a seat in first class for our Hawaiian vacation this winter. You understand. Thanks.

18Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:08 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

The weird stories about this guy goes back many years.  Lots of stuff on the net about him.  Used to run Brainstorm Alpacas.  There's an article about Wisconsin Arc and how he had 25 million to spend on exotic animals.  Not sure what came of that venture but there was reference to stolen and starving animals in the comments following the article.  He was sanctioned by Alpaca Resistry Inc [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Was in court for bouncing a cheque for over $600,000 in 2009 for a herd of alpacas he "bought" which apparently were never returned to their owners.  Seems to have some history at the local auctions.  With all the weird stuff I read about him, I almost don't believe the amputated hand story.  The fire story seems to be legit.
Anyhoo, who builds a 4,000 sq foot home "full of granite, marble and wood" over a barn on a property and in a structure that they don't even own.  and doesn't insure it.  over a barn full of flammables.  very weird.

19Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:55 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lil Farm, I think you should become a private investigator! You and Uno - I think we should send Uno down to investigate.

I would have thought there was an insurance scam going but insurance doesn't seem to play a role in the whole business. I cannot believe he would build such an expensive barn on land he doesn't even own. That I think is the key to the barn burning...

I wonder if this isn't all about uncontrolled anger.

20Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish Arcticsun would get on here and share her Alpaca experience. Alpaca and Llama breeding from it's inception sounds like one big scam to me. It seems to me it started as a pyramid scheme. I will see if I can find her.

21Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:05 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great idea!

22Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:14 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

OMG... I got in, and I got out.
The Canadian alpaca industry was single handedly ditroyed by Royal Canadian Alpacas and the MILLIONS of dollars of shady dealings and on an on. They eventually moved to Europe. The Canadian single registered animals are worth almost nothing, a bunch of alpaca elite in Canada made sure of that by undermining the registry and causing greif with the Americans who shut out the Canadian registry but the market is really in the USA and thus the mass dumping odf Alpacas about 10 years or so ago.
Omg... Im feeling stressed again already. Thank heavens I understood purebreds and how registries work. I managedto sell most of my animals to Germany before that all closed down. I was involved with two huge flocks , million dollar opperations... I ran as fast as I could once I understood the insanity governing the Alpaca industry....

23Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow Arctic! What a story! Sounds like some of the insane are still around though! Glad you got out in time.

24Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:30 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is like I have an email connection straight to God....

25Weird Stuff Empty Re: Weird Stuff Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun lives!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum