Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

whats with people

+5
uno
Nom_de_Plume
Prairie Chick
Susan
Rasilon
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1whats with people Empty whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I went to Walmart this afternoon. It has to be 37 out there . Some idiot left his chocolate lab in the car with the windows half way up. How @&*%#(@%( stupid. I took the license number down and went to customer service and asked that they announce that the dog was overheating. How stupid stupid stupid GRRRRRRRRRR

if its 70 degrees outside the interior of a car can get to 150 degrees in a few minutes.
picture a mad smilie right here!

GEri

2whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Mm, believe me, I'da smashed the window out. They can take it to court all they want, it's an animal abuse charge.

3whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm with you Sweetend

4whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would of called the SPCA or the cops. What an eejit!

5whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Prairie Chick wrote:I would of called the SPCA or the cops.  What an eejit!

So much more fun to smash a window. I had the opportunity to witness that once. "I WANNA PRESS CHARGES." To which the cop replied: "Me too! You're under arrest for animal abuse." I don't believe the guy who smashed the window's information was even taken by the police officer as there was "No witnesses" to prove it was him.

6whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:54 pm

I have the toll-free Animal Abuse Hotline in my cell phone. Maybe you could all research what than number is in your area and do the same. Smile 

7whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

Sweetened wrote:Mm, believe me, I'da smashed the window out.  They can take it to court all they want, it's an animal abuse charge.
As much as I agree that the dog shouldn't have been left there in that kinda heat (that's completely irresponsible)
why would you smash the windows out when it was stated in the original post that the windows were half down?
just open the door and let the dog out.
I'd be more inclined to just take the dog (obviously the owner isn't responsible to own the lovely animal) than wreck a car, besides I've always wanted a chocolate lab Laughing

8whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Nom_de_Plume wrote:
Sweetened wrote:Mm, believe me, I'da smashed the window out.  They can take it to court all they want, it's an animal abuse charge.
As much as I agree that the dog shouldn't have been left there in that kinda heat (that's completely irresponsible)
why would you smash the windows out when it was stated in the original post that the windows were half down?
just open the door and let the dog out.
I'd be more inclined to just take the dog (obviously the owner isn't responsible to own the lovely animal) than wreck a car, besides I've always wanted a chocolate lab Laughing

When the mob wants to teach someone a lesson, they don't bang on the door and scream "We're the mob! Don't mess with us!" They break down the door, if someone's home they tie them up, and they proceed to ransack the entire house. The message is clear: Don't do it again.

Reaching into someones car window and flipping the locks, if indeed they were low enough to reach that point, teaches them someone will make up for their stupidity and insolence. SMASHING the window teaches them their behavior is unacceptable. That said, however, I'm of the school of thought that stupidity should be treated with a long, strong, thin whipping stick, all stupidity, mine included. One lash for minor stupidity, two for standard, and an all out beating for super stupid stupidity. Eventually, if you even THINK a stupid thought, you will flinch and realize it's a bad idea.

9whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now Sweetened, or Squeegey, or whatever it is they call you. Sit on down here beside me, have a piece of pizza, it's the cheesy kind, I like the cheesey kind. Let me tell you about the mob. You got it all wrong kid, you got it all wrong.

When Tony with his $3000 suit and $200 haircut shows up to have a little chat with you, he does not break down the door. No, no. What, and mess the hair? Are you listening to me Sweetened? I don't think you had enough to eat, have some more pizza. What was I saying, oh yeah, Tony and Vinny, they don't do no yelling or smashing. Tony and Vinny had momma's who gave them a smack. Smack for this, smack for that, smack for smart talking at the table, for putting your dirty feet on the sofa, smack! These boys got the suits and the manners and yes they do knock on the door.

They knock real nice and gentle like. When the low life opens the door, a big old gun makes the tip of his nose nice and cold and Tony does not ransack the house, he makes the owner of the house ransack the house. Tony just stands there with his finger on the trigger. Easy on the suit, no one messes the hair. These ain't no common thugs, these is high class thugs, they don't break no sweat. Hell no! If they gonna shoot you anyway, they make YOU break the sweat. Then when you all sweaty, that's when they shoot you, for being sweaty all over their suits.

Have more pizza, eat, eat! So when you see some goomba has left his dog in the car, you go to the loud speaker of the mall and say, "Owner of the 1976 red Cadillac Eldorado license plate, WTF STD, your car is on fire, repeat, your car is on fire and being demolished by the fire crew. Please report to your car immediately!" Then you wait, with a gun, and make them sweat, if you know what I mean. But don't wrinkle your suit, or mess your hair. No need for that. Just get Fido out of the car then get dumb ass to open the trunk and climb in for a little hot boxing all their own. Don't worry, I not telling you to be violent. You shoot a nice little hole in the trunk for ventilation. That ought to do to keep them cool until you come back to let them out, 6 hours later. And THAT'S how the mob does it.

10whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairie Chick wrote:What an eejit!

Laughing Eejit's, eejit's everywhere....I think the latest heatwave has brought a lot out to shop til they drop...or at least until their latest small mammal stuffed inside their designer handbag does.

Thanks uno. Now I want to rewatch all 6.5 seasons of The Sopranos.

11whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:17 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

A vet placed himself in a parked car to see what it felt like. I can only imagine. The guy is soaked in sweat by the time he hits 30 minutes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:31 am

If the windows had been left shut ? yes then there is a real problem , but as was stated they were half open so air flow would have been there regardless of the heat outside .How long was the dog there for ? to many questions to make a harsh decision based on our own thoughts of the situation .I see it all the time in fall when it's not so hot , but then there are no windows open ? which is worst ?? Windows open in the heat or shut in the fall when it's cooler ..........but the sun still shines and heats up metal ???? By letting the mall know of the issue then you have at least addressed the problem and hopefully they follow up on it ASAP

13whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:10 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

It must be remembered that unlike us, dogs do not sweat. They cannot cool themselves with a breeze or 'fresh' air. They pant to cool down (so do your chickens, same idea, chickens do not sweat, gee, how DO they get humidity to their eggs?)

A dog needs access to coolish air, he needs to get out of the sun and perhaps find a cool surface, like a hole in the ground or cool concrete to help drop his body temperature. So a vet in a car is feeling the heat, but may have an even greater ability to cool himself than a dog does in the same situation. And dogs wear their fur coat all year long, fashion challenged as they are.

In the summer heat, dogs should stay at home. Period.

14whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:27 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

uno wrote:

In the summer heat, dogs should stay at home. Period.

I have only a small personal window in the year that I am willing to take my dog with me anywhere.  I would much rather deal with her pouting then to think I have to leave her for anytime at all in a hot or COLD car.  so winter and summer is usually out for sure.  she's much more comfortable at home, where she has her water, and my bed.  oh she loves my bed.....

and actually on the same note. in extreme temps on either side, I refuse to go out myself, especially with the kids. I have been broke down in -30 with small kids, and in 30+. not good. so I dont chance it. we stay home. at least at home, I can complain (in safety) about the temps Smile 

15whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

prairie dog wrote:.... which is worst ?? Windows open in the heat or shut in the fall when it's cooler ..........but the sun still shines and heats up metal ????....

Actually the metal heating up is not as much of a problem as the "Greenhouse Effect" when the sun shines in the windows and heats the inside of the car, then the heat has no avenue of escape. The car just gets hotter and hotter. We are all familiar with the Greenhouse Effect on our earth.

Now with the windows half open, would there be enough room for the hot air to escape? I think I will test this out in my own car next time we hit 34 degrees like we did yesterday. My dogs all have covered kennels and buckets of water, but they were feeling the heat yesterday, that is for sure!

16whats with people Empty Re: whats with people Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:...They pant to cool down (so do your chickens, same idea, chickens do not sweat, gee, how DO they get humidity to their eggs?

*Off topic alert*

Uno, you and your humidity again! I believe the hen's body heat evaporates the moisture in the bedding and ground beneath and this is what provides the humidity needed.

I will now return you to your original programming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum