Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

whats your views on luck?

+6
Schipperkesue
uno
bckev
ChicoryFarm
authenticfarm
triplejfarms
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1whats your views on luck? Empty whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:43 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

how do you feel about luck?it seems when it rains it pours, everything seems to happen at once...for me 2013 hasnt been the greatest right from the start... same as my mom...whats your feelings on luck? are there just unluckey people out there? bad "karma"what? confused any ways to reverse luck? seeking answers why this year is so crappy so far LOL anyone else having a bad start to 2013?

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

2whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:25 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I believe that if you are prepared and work hard, good things will come your way, and if bad things come your way, you'll already be prepared for them ... so they won't be so bad, really. I am Ms. Contingency plan, lol.

Of course, sometimes, sh!t happens.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:48 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I believe some things happen because it was divinely prearranged and agreed upon but I also believe 's..t happens' and you just gotta role with it. Many people have a whole year where they just want to forget because of the series of challenging events and losses. But most years are manageable with only the odd unwanted event unfolding. Sounds like your year is more one of forgetting. Hang in there triplej. Eventually things will turn around again.

I had a year and a half where my beloved husband died suddenly and tragically, my 7yr old golden retriever died of cancer along with my cat and our investments went sideways. I am in a very different place now in my life and am grateful for this place but know that it doesn't mean more loss and challenges aren't on the way.

"The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the might oak which breaks in a storm"

Good luck! flower

4whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am with authenticfarm. Live today and open to opportunity, not just what you can envision but what you can't. Too often we want to paint a picture of what something should look like that we don't see the great opportunities around us all the time. I believe life is fair in its unfairness, and what you see as being unfair is about the perspective you are looking from. Everything provides us with an opportunity, even negative things.

5whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

You often cannot choose your circumstances or life events. BUt you CAN choose how to react to them, how to view them, the perspective you take.

Having blurbed this wise little ditty I will confess that there is no bigger whiner than me and when bad things happen I fall apart and shriek, this SUCKS!

I am always amazed at what people survive, even when they don't want to. People can shock you with what they tolerate and keep on going. Many of us are very, very strong. Stronger than we know.

6whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

In my opinion, there is no such thing. Even if you are completely prepared for events, you can't be because the is always another variable you have not taken into consideration. Sometimes those variable occur together and you have bad days, but luck has nothing to do with it.

7whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Luck is what you make of it ! Things happen for a reason I believe and unnless you listen or look you will feel like the world just S##t on you !Somethings are just the way that they are and there is no explanation and there in lies the question ? we think we have to have answers for eveything and that just isn't so .The Road is long and there will be deversions that we will have deal with on this journey ,and there will be those things that just are ........ Rolling Eyes

8whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Getting through tough times is about perspective and improvisation in rolling with the punches. Being happy with what you have instead of unhappy with what you don't is paramaount.
I always look at it like this. No matter how bad things are, millions, probably billions of people in the world would change their lives for mine in a heartbeat.

9whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have had a black cloud over my head for many years, I just try to have a positive attitude and nothing really surprises me Very Happy

10whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:In my opinion, there is no such thing. Even if you are completely prepared for events, you can't be because the is always another variable you have not taken into consideration. Sometimes those variable occur together and you have bad days, but luck has nothing to do with it.

I agree! Cool

11whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:55 am

I've often said if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none. My Mom and I have spent much of our lives (well, she most of her life) living under a black cloud that rains constantly. I've had a few better turns of events in my life, probably more in my 20 some years than my Mother in her entire life.

That said, however, there's a group of crazies out there that I may or may not be one of, that says you create your own 'luck'. You attract your own (mis)fortune. I can't say as I disagree entirely. Looking back on things, my negative thoughts have usually left me in 'unlucky' situations. Supposedly, electromagnetically speaking, a positive thought is more powerful than a negative thought, however either I'm doing this positive thinking stuff wrong, or I just don't believe the positive thoughts I am thinking.

I'm uncertain about luck, good or bad, and about destiny and fate. I'm more of a Destiny person, and I look at Destiny like a tree. Your birth is the trunk, and wherever you go (or grow, that's a plant joke) is how your tree is shaped. There's different branches and limbs and twigs and leaves and spider webs and wind and pollen to use to travel through life, and you choose where you end up by picking your path to take. Fate is so dauntingly written in stone -- I like to think it was my choice, I chose the destiny of not being a sheep, rather than I was fated to (sheeped to) not be a sheep.

12whats your views on luck? Empty Re: whats your views on luck? Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:41 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I happen to think there are lucky people. But I see luck as little stuff. Things come a little easier, or roll your way when not really expected. To me it is more the things you have absolutely no control over, but still seem to swing your way, I see that as being lucky. I think the BIG stuff you have to work for and that is not luck.

I believe my mother is lucky. She wins little stuff all the time. I don't think I have ever seen her get 'try again' (or whatever it says) on any Tims cup or little thing like that. She wins on those scratch lotto things all the time, whether she decides to buy or gets as a gift. I have never even won a free one...... She is just one of those people that gets little surprises or things travel her way at the right time.

I am not a little thing winner, but things seem to come my way when I need them. It is easy to get into a 'bad luck' place sometimes when things are really not going right. To me it makes the things that I value even more precious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum