Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Price of Butchered Meat Birds

+8
Echo 1
Nom_de_Plume
Blue Hill Farm
appway
debbiej
lanaire-ranching
rosewood
heda gobbler
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:18 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Heda how much are you paying to get the birds processed? I charge 3.75 a pound plus the processing charge.

27Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:53 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Also if you look into it more it also says that Canada does import chicks from the states to raise in Canada
Most meat chickens are imported as day olds, hatched from imported  eggs and/or eggs from imported parent stock that are imported from the United States.  Only large approved hatcheries are allowed legally to import broilers without paying a huge import duty.

Last edited by rosewood on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

28Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:58 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'll check. I think it is based on how many are done at once.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

29Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:08 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thats what I said that they import chicks and raise them up here in canada I did not say the bring in Broilers Maybe they need to produce more chicks here and not bring in from the states

30Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

bckev wrote:I charge 3.75 a pound plus the processing charge.
How much is the processing charge down in the Oliver area? (if you don't mind me asking)

31Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:09 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I editted my hasty post previously made. The local processor charges $5 per chicken- http://jbfarms.ca/#abattoir

32Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

Oh!!!, is that one closer to you that Rainers? Or did they drop poultry and only do red meat now?
Although Bea does have awesome turkey processing prices.

33Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:51 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have used JB Farms for a number of years, although we have done our own at times when we have a small number to be done.  Rainers only process chickens in the summer and ours will not be ready until mid September.

34Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:13 am

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

rosewood wrote:We have used JB Farms for a number of years, although we have done our own at times when we have a small number to be done.  Rainers only process chickens in the summer and ours will not be ready until mid September.
ah that makes sense, I've never been out to Rainers but I have been to Bea's, and Downey's in Prichard, I haven't been to the one in Armstrong either.

35Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 am

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We have a processor here that charges $2 ea. for chickens and does them while you wait and watch. Takes about 30 min. for 30 birds. Very slick! You take them home in a bucket of cold water and bag them yourself.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

36Price of Butchered Meat Birds - Page 2 Empty Re: Price of Butchered Meat Birds Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

That's cool, and great if you're only wanting the birds for your own personal consumption. good idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum