Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Price for butchered chickens

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Price for butchered chickens Empty A Price for butchered chickens Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have finally talked my husband into agreeing to get 20-25 meat birds. His part of the bargain is that he won't name them and in exchange he doesn't want to butcher them himself. Fair enough. I hope that I can find someone on the Coast that will do it. How much do other people pay to have birds processed? Also a price for processing turkeys. I would like to get 10 in the Spring. Heading towards farm status. Yay!

Last edited by cuckoomama on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : unclear)

2A Price for butchered chickens Empty Re: A Price for butchered chickens Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:36 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am paying $5/bird to a girl who comes here and does them. She will will also part them and skin the ones I want. She does an awesome job!

3A Price for butchered chickens Empty Re: A Price for butchered chickens Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:03 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think I paid $4 a bird and they were inspected. Not sure what they charge for turkeys.

4A Price for butchered chickens Empty Re: A Price for butchered chickens Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:18 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

We were quoted $6 per chicken and $10 per turkey from the hutterites

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

5A Price for butchered chickens Empty Re: A Price for butchered chickens Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The abbatoir in Cranbrook charges 4.25 per chicken and I believe 15.25 per turkey (have never had a turkey done). They do a wonderful job and they put your farm name on the label for selling. This is an inspected facility.

Most folks are charging about 3.99 - 4.50/lb for selling purposes out this way.

This year, I think it cost me about, including the purchase of the chick, food and processing about 22 dollars a bird.

Cathy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum