Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big storm!

+10
Fowler
Blue Hill Farm
loushrop
heda gobbler
rosewood
Schipperkesue
SerJay
bckev
HigginsRAT
coopslave
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Big storm! Empty Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:43 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had a big storm go thru on Saturday.  Not like what is going on in AB, but it was crazy.  We were in the indoor and just finished riding.  Looked outside and saw it coming.  Just this wall of rain!  It seemed like if went on forever and it was so noisy in the steel building we couldn't eve talk to each other.  Hail and rain and wind in the beginning!

Here is what it looked like thru the doors of the arena.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is what it normally looks like, this was after the storm had passed.
Another one went thru yesterday and today it has rained off and on all day.  Sorry AB more coming your way.  Crying or Very sad

Last edited by coopslave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:07 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

3Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:10 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It has been pouring all day. I have my new chicken coop 75 percent finished, need to put the roof on of course and it is pouring and my holidays are slipping away. But it could be worse, I could be in alberta.

4Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:31 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:42 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am very glad you are getting the sun Tara!  I hope the last couple of days aren't heading your way for sure.
I think our forecast from Wednesday is sun, sun and more sun!  Hmm, just went and looked and they are talking a little cloudy but no rain after Wednesday.  From July first we are going to get summer.  Yay!  Up to 30C and you know how much I love the heat.

6Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:46 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Says I have moved my second image and I haven't....sigh....will fix it later. Rolling Eyes

7Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:44 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Been like that up here too.  Today sweltering, cloudy, suddenly insanely windy, 5min down pour and now just surrounded by black clouds.  I'm just glad we're not covered in snow!

9Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a fabulous storm!  If I am dry I love to watch them.  We have been pretty lucky here...fingers crossed!

10Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Saturday night I went to try and catch the big moon between clouds but only got a couple tries before it got covered again.  It made for lots of fun watching and camera clicking out in the kids play centre until the rain came Very Happy  
over the coop

got better lens 

then got up in play centre for a better view
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The caterpillars have eaten all the trees completely bare so you can see the flashes through the trees

Last edited by SerJay on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hit enter too soon)

11Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooohhh!!!  Love storms!

12Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:25 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

No big storm in Barriere today, but it was the school's annual fun day.  DW and I went because mom and dad are away.  We were thoroughly soaked and took the youngest home at noon.  Fortunately it was not really cold or windy, but not the kind of day to run about in a swimming suit.  The weeds are still growing in the garden.

13Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Wow Serjay, I'm torn between which would be better - the "super moon" or your amazing storm pictures!  Those are pretty amazing!!

Coopslave, I spent the day futzing around home, tidying in and out, a bit of a late spring-clean.  At 5:00 I was getting ready to leave for dinner at a friend's, and had only to transfer the chicken feed from the back of my car to the coop, then load up all my golf stuff for a (hopeful) game tomorrow afternoon after work, when the clouds moved in and I watched a storm rage for about an hour.  Complete with thunder, and I'm guessing, lightning, though I didn't see anything.

I SURE hope you're right about the weather improving this week.  I am happy for all the plants right now but I'm re-growing my Lower Mainland webbed feet! Umbrella

14Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:38 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

We've had some wild storms too - lots of thunder but no lightning.  Saturday I'd say it was 27C at one point in brilliant sunshine (almost oppressive, very humid) then dropped to 13C with big winds and heavy rain.  Did this twice.  Need to download some photos.  Some crazy evening light!

Today I had to go to the feed store for hog grower.  It was drizzling when I left home, I drove through pelting rain then by the time I reached the feed store it was dry and sunny, not a drop of rain there all day.  On the way home I drove through sunshine then into a wall of rain and black cloud.  Pelting rain again.  Then out of the rain by the time I got home. Still black cloud though.

Wild times.  Whole world is a green jungle. Lots of mud.

LOVE those lightning photos Serjay - so glad it isn't dry or we'd all be nervous about wildfires!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

15Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:50 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love a good lightning storm.  Amazing photos of it!!

16Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oops, spoke too soon:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

17Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:05 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Doesn't surprise me Heda we have had ALOT of lightning lately.  Saturday nights wasn't very close with only very low grumbles, though a couple we had during the day last week were VERY close.  Saturday hubby and I were fencing yet again and the heat (28 ) and lack of shade was brutal but as we finished dinner the wind picked up and we were FREEZING!  After living on the coasts most of our lives living in north is interesting Rolling Eyes   
Sun behind a cloud Saturday afternoon (not photoshopped I don't have software it actually looked like this!)
Storms make for pretty interesting skies

Farmchiq here's some moons 
Friday night rising

Saturday night moon before clouds moved in

Coopslave those down pours suck when you get stuck out in them but watching (while dry) and the sound it makes on the roofs is awesome Very Happy  Pretty cool when it comes in like that and you can see it approaching

18Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 am

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow! Those pics are amazing! Lou

19Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:23 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Amazing photos!    We were having thunder right overhead and I thought hmm. maybe not get on the tractor until this passes, but then no visible lightning so all was well.

20Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:34 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lovin' all the photos, keep em comin'!

Poured all night here.  We even have puddles outside our house.  In the 3 years we have been here we have never had puddles, water just doesn't stand here up here at the house.  Well it must be at full saturation.
It really can stop now and the sun can come.  Actually as I type the sun has broken thru, but I am not optimistic at this stage. 
We do need to get some feed put up eventually, good thing we are happy to make silage and don't solely depend on hay!

21Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:59 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, those pictures are gorgeous!

Really, really hoping we all see more  sunny soon...otherwise might start developing webbed toes at this rate. cyclops

22Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:21 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

How do you get those lightning photos?  Do you use a slow shutter speed (I know nothing about cameras)?

23Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:48 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was wondering the same thing.  How Serjay???

24Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Lightning was 30sec exposures it was my first time to actually get it right and capture it.  I've been trying for last while with the storms lately but never seem to be able to anticipate correctly where flashes would be next.  I was set up for the moon and Aurora but clouds moved in so lost moon and no lights.  

Someone turned on the rain today so rain barrels overflowing now and ducks are happy happy happy LOL Goats are hiding in shelter not sticking even a nose out Laughing   Our ground is pure clay so when its soggy its YUCKY!

25Big storm! Empty Re: Big storm! Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:47 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great pictures....wowee...
and coopslave.i want to live where you do.  that just looks so nice, peaceful and out there..i don't see any neighbors.. (not that i don't like neighbors)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum