Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nasty storm a brewing

+5
Schipperkesue
ChicoryFarm
Arcticsun
coopslave
Hidden River
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nasty storm a brewing Empty Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are getting hit right now with a nasty storm. Strong winds, snow and although it is not that cold, only -5, it feels much worse with that wind.
And it must be making the world crazy too. We got a call this am from one of my hubby's crews that he had a flat tire, and when he pulled the spare down from under the truck it was flat too. So off hubby had to go to get a spare to him, over 1 hour away, then continue on to Shaunavon to get the other flat fixed so the crew was not running with no spare.
So that left the girls and myself to deal with "HIS" milk cow, she has been very sweet since she calved, letting me put the kicker on and milk her, but this am she would have none of it, she kicked and kicked, couldnt barely get out of her stall...So there she stood. Hubby finally got into cell coverage and I told him about his nasty cow, so against my better judgement of making her stand in the staunchen till he got home, he said to turn her out. But I did keep her calf in, so when he gets home she will be around and he can get her milked. Grr I hate that cow.

And coopslave, you can be happy that we are finally getting snow here. Laughing

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:08 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden, sounds like a bad start to your day! Really it can only get better. Very Happy
Don't worry, if it is the same system that went through here you have a LOT more snow coming. We are only about 45minutes from Big White Ski Hill and in the last 7 days they have had 97cm of fresh snow and I don't think that even counted what fell last night! Shocked
We are not far behind that. I don't think we have to worry about our fields being to dry this spring. I would say we can expect lots of mud.

3Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wanted more snow to pretty up the place.
Sheesh It is a freaking arctic wasteland out there now!
Twisted Evil

4Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:15 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like a dramatic start to your day Hidden. Hope everyone keeps safe. Coopslave, we just got a foot in the last 24 hours....on top of a foot of old snow we already had. It's hard to believe that we're approaching Spring when you look outside. Unbelievable.

The ski hills will be happy!

5Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:17 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

And a gentle sprinkling of snow is lightly falling from the sky here. Doug is pi$$ed. He wanted more. Weird man. He is currently staring out the window and complaining under his breath about the LACK of snow.

6Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:29 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

yes a change in the weather makes animals behave differently sometimes, doesn't it?, not sure about the flat tires though?

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

7Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:01 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like our days are starting out similar to each other! We are getting snow all night and it is still snowing. The wind is blowing like crazy and I am snowed in. I just pray that bsbe does not decide to come early or I will be delivering on my own!!! As soon as it quits snowing i get to snowplow with the skidsteer which hubby has stuffed into the corner of his shop so could be fun to get out. I also have to move the shelter I am building and pray that we have a jerry can of deisel here so I can get plowed out! Hope your day gets better Hidden

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

8Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:16 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

We were supposed to get hammered. Had about 4 inches of heavy snow his morning which I cleared before it got worse. Hasn't snowed since and the clouds seem to be breaking up. Might be another near miss. Some relatives a few hours north had more like a foot of snow.

9Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:23 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my day is fine, as long as Hubby gets home safe and sound.
It is a good day for some house work and then relaxing with a movie and the kids.
Always a good side of a snow storm

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

10Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:34 am

We have blizzard-like conditions here right now... maybe another long weekend heading my way *dance*

11Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:35 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

What I want to know is how the heck the wind can be blowing from every direction at once?!! Suspect ONLY on the prairies, I tell ya. Rolling Eyes

Definitely a day to relax indoors and curl up with a good book. I plan to do just that with my new SOP later this afternoon. Very Happy

12Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

three foot drift accross the driveway. Got pissy and plowed the minivan though it. Im still going to ahve to shovel though.
S

13Nasty storm a brewing Empty Re: Nasty storm a brewing Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:three foot drift accross the driveway. Got pissy and plowed the minivan though it. Im still going to ahve to shovel though.
S

Hey! I though you had an uberwonderbar snowblower? Has the previous weather been so mild you have forgotten about it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum