Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Major storm, 66 dead chicks..possibly more! I think I am done!

+13
Rasilon
Fowler
ChicoryFarm
smokyriver
Susan
mirycreek
HigginsRAT
KathyS
appway
coopslave
uno
Arcticsun
Prairie Chick
17 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

We got a major storm in the middle of the night last night, when I went out to do chores this morning I found a huge pile of dead chickens in the corner of the pen. The coop door was open so they could of went in there, instead they piled in the corner. Mostly my meat birds that are 6 weeks old and all sold and some EO's, turkeys, guineas, BCM, BLRW.
With this major loss and last years loss of over 100 from predators i really think it is time to call it quits, I am so devastated I could just cry. Sad

I will compile a list of birds I will be selling and post it later.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

oh no... Im so so sorry to read this...

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am so sorry to hear this. The sense of devastation and disbelief is overwhelming. I know you are tired and disheartened. I hope you can find your way out of this. This is just awful.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Eeek, that is terrible Prarie!! All the hard work you have done. It just sucks. Neutral

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry to hear this and Like I said I do have some EE Chicks you can have and we have Turkeys due to hatch and guineas
Just let us know
Joe

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

oh, I am so sorry. Such a huge loss, its heartbreaking. I can see why you are feeling ready to throw in the towel. I hope you take some time to make your final decision Prairie Chick. Even though it seems hopeless right now, you might feel differently next week.
Comfort

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is very hard to take Val! Those storms in the middle of the night.... Mad
So sorry you had to lose so many.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am so sorry. That is sickening. I can understand how you feel. Sad

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry to hear this!! I know exactly where you are at. After the disaster I had a while back with an ecoli outbreak where I lost the majority of my flock I felt the same frustration and anger. Hold your head high and wait a while before you make the decision

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

How devastating Prairie. I'm so sorry to hear you have experienced this. Give yourself some time before you make any final decisions. And do cry......it will help release some of the grief and despair.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very frustrating, I know. I have a pen that I had to stop using for young birds. For some reason they would pile up and die in one corner even though they had lots of space to move around in. Hard to figure poultry sometimes. Very discouraging.

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift that is why they call it
the present.

We all have to live in today not the past and look forward to tomorrow

Geri

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So sorry to hear Valerie. If I can help in any way please let me know. Lou

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh no, that is awful to hear, can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. So hard to say to someone when you know that they are so down, but have to still tell you, keep the chin up, that sun will again shine and you will figure out what to do. As said, don't let those knee jerk emotions knock you right down, and try to find something good in this day, CynthiaM.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just want to thank everyone for your kind words or encouragement, you all give me strength to get through this Very Happy .

pippa14

pippa14
New Here

sorry to hear about this very sad news yes with all this hot weather it had been terrible for storms

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh, this is terrible! I am so sorry! Wish there was some way I could help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum