Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A beautiful and interesting storm, 6 pictures

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, yesterday had to be the storm of centuries. It began early and lasted quite a long time, until dinnertime, and then the skies cleared and it was beautiful. Depending on what dinnertime is for most, this will vary, by 6:30 it was beautiful, blue skies, a few clouds, and who would have never known, that we had lightening from the very depths of hell itself, thunder that went even deeper than those depths and rain, oh yes, gallons and gallons of beautiful rain, that again filled up my very large barrels on the porch, which comes off the eaves of our porch roof. I have three barrels, one 187 litre, one smaller, about 140 litre and one smaller, pretty one, that is like a half barrel, holds probably 60 litres. All are filled to the brims, if it rains more, and which I think it will, I have 5 gallon buckets, I fill those too, smiling. Oops, this was about a storm.

Yes. Was outside doing stuff and the wind began, the temperature dropped and I knew something wicked this way cometh. Into the house and glad I did. The storm began and passed us by. It headed up the valley towards the north way and then, weird as it sounds, it went up there and must have turned around. Go figure, a storm has a mind? Well, I think this one did. Back down the valley it came. As said, it had missed us the first go around, just the wind, then all darned blazes broke out.

The storm came down the valley, right over and to the east of us, massive lightening and thunder that would break your ears. Dogs all afeared of course, even the puppies, which are 6 months old, had their first taste of the summer thunder storm. They were very frightened too, no thanks to the big dog that made it plain as day that thunder was something that should make you pay attention to life listening, blah. Whuzzy dogs, smiling.

Yes, back to that storm, beautiful in its own light, but would certainly prefer not to have them. The storm carried on southward, bringing clearing skies in the north and all the way to the east, south and west, guess we could say the storm passed. I had my camera set to video and also took some wicked video of sounds and sights. Kind of afraid to listen to it though, it might hurt my ears, another day. The thunder was right overhead, well, a little to the east, it seems to like the mountains, ai, ai, ai (is this a word, oh that spelling...).

Enjoy your tour of my storm that came and went, all in one day, smiling. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

All the pictures were taken from my porch, looking to the north, east, and south and kind of southwest, got a nice view from there.

North looking up the valley. The storms move pretty fast. This was about 1:30 after that storm had missed us, gone north and then came back down (probably a different storm, but I’ll call it the storm).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was a minute later, look how the left side of the big cloud kind of looked like it became heavy or something, and much darker, did not take long at all

I panned a little to the left of the big cloud coming down the valley and there was still beautiful blue skies

Looking out towards the east, towards the tall mountain where the lightening was happening, about 1.5 hours after the first sight of the storm coming down the valley. Well, the storm had been happening for awhile, that is when I took this picture

Looking southward. This is my view of the big barn, from porch, where hay and horses live. To the left you will see the chicken barns. The buckeyes live in the smaller one that you can see attached to the larger chicken barn. This is a most beautiful thing to look out and see when I look down there. Always see horses and chickens, and binoculars are very cool too, smiling. It is fun to sit at the bar my Husband built and watch everyone that uses the paddock for working their horses. I can’t wait for the day when actual events are held here, and that day will come....

About 6:30 was when this picture was taken, some very pretty blue skies with just a few hangin’ around clouds...

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Cindi
Funny we are not that far apart and we did not get any of it, saw the heavy clounds in the distance but completely missed us. Beautiful pictures !!!

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Same here! Cloudy in the morning and of course windy (windyfield they should change the name too).

Nice in the afternoon. I always admire your property when we head through to shurcrop. Its beautiful!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum