Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WOW what a storm!

+2
Hidden River
coopslave
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WOW what a storm! Empty WOW what a storm! Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:06 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We got hit big time here today. Ton of snow and the wind was crazy. Glad I was inside all day!!
Just spent the last couple of hours shoveling out the chook run. I try to do the whole hen run as they really do like to get out every day. The boys just get some paths to the water and a bit of an area to see the sun. They don't seem to care if they get out or not!  Laughing 

Thanks a lot BC for sending it our way and look out Eastern people I think it is headed in that direction!!  Shocked 

2WOW what a storm! Empty Re: WOW what a storm! Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I saw pictures of how nasty it was up your way today. We started out nice but had a cold west wind, strong wind, then after chores were done the snow started but more of a flurry and not much stuck around. Supposed to be nice here all week, hopefully the snow stays north as it moves east.
Our yard is a sheet of ice, I was hoping it would all melt away by the weekend.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3WOW what a storm! Empty Re: WOW what a storm! Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh Coopslave, feel bad for you. take pics? we are having a weird time here it was 18 degrees on my way to Osoyoos today and still plus 4 out there right now, after dark! Going to be a skating rink out there tomorrow mornign if it drops.

4WOW what a storm! Empty Re: WOW what a storm! Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Coopslave I didn't send it, I swear! It's been unseasonably warm here too. And like Magdelan, my place is a skating rink (on a slight incline) and my driveway a luge run! It's still above zero right now but I think it'll dip down overnight, which will be interesting tomorrow again.

I will not complain though. I saw the sun today. I wore a skirt. I splashed through a few puddles. I am not complaining!

Stay safe out there!

5WOW what a storm! Empty Re: WOW what a storm! Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:41 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We are almost ice free but now there are multiple lakes around the property. 11 degrees here. I figure we are yet to be punished for this warm spell soon.

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

6WOW what a storm! Empty Re: WOW what a storm! Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:46 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Over 2 or 3 weeks, we had more snow than we got all last winter. We've had 3 days of warm here and the snow has dropped by half. It had been supposed to cool down again but now they've put that off until Sunday. by then the driveway and roof will probably be clear.

7WOW what a storm! Empty Re: WOW what a storm! Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:23 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

My husband scraped off my studio roof on the weekend. He was concerned for my poor little 1928 cottage!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum