Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wonderful weekend!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wonderful weekend! Empty Wonderful weekend! Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Had a wonderful weekend! How about everyone out there? Played with the chickens and bought them some treats, hubby built them a new roost (2x4 on the flat...thanks to all those with such valuable input!) put a new shelter in the run so if bossy hen won't let chicken little in the chicken house she still has a special spot to go. Dug them some fatty worms and they found a few slugs of their own. We also did a little fencing for the horses! Went bedding plant shopping with my daughter too.... all in all a GREAT weekend.

2Wonderful weekend! Empty Re: Wonderful weekend! Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like a productive weekend for you.
We cleaned brooders, took a yearling to the vet to have her horns removed (future milk cow so cant have horns), then processed our lambs (weighed, vaccinated and dewormed them), weaned the older ram lambs. Sold some chicks. Smile Today we worked with our nurse cow getting her used to her two new calves and being tied and hobbled while they drink, and then we had a nice downpour of much needed rain!!!

Unfortunately it rained so hard in town that they had some flooding in basements and some businesses. We actually had to run to town to check out my hubby's work, some water in the basement there but nothing damaged. It is nice to have the moisture we have been lacking for so long.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Wonderful weekend! Empty Re: Wonderful weekend! Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:02 am

chicken crack

chicken crack

I had a good weekend too:)
Sold almost all the rabbits I had for sale. Always bittersweet though. I washed a few more cages, played with my boys and the baby buns in a pen for the first time. So funny they had me giggling.
AND I also got my shed that had animals in it this winter 3/4 cleaned.

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Will be more at ease when things are cleaned and put away.

4Wonderful weekend! Empty Re: Wonderful weekend! Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I had to smile when I read these. In my old life a wonderful weekend would have been quite different - more relaxing, less dirty! But, in retrospect, much LESS wonderful!!

But I'm no different now: Moved the geese and their new goslings to their new shed. Tagged, vaccinated and wormed the weaned lambs, sold 4 lambs to nice family who came out from Horsefly (4 hour drive each way for them), spread some composted manure on bare spots on the home pasture, cleaned out the cages where the roosters had spent a good part of the winter. Cleaned out one of the brooders, made more space for newly hatched turkeys and guinea fowl. Cleaned out the dog run, brought out another big bale of straw and freshened up the dog's bed, the goose shed and the turkey shed, gave the rest of it to the pigs. Slowly getting up to speed for summer! Should it arrive of course....

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

5Wonderful weekend! Empty Re: Wonderful weekend! Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:20 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh the joys of farm life! Wishing one and all a fantastic week.....I'm off to my "day job".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum