Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monday, happy hour and a wonderful visit

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monday, happy hour and a wonderful visit Empty Monday, happy hour and a wonderful visit Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Monday, happy hour and a great visit, just like the subject title indicates....it was

Hmm, what an interesting afternoon. We had picked up an article in a neighbouring town for my friend, Farmchiq. She phoned about 2:30ish and said she would like to come over and pick it up. Wondered if happy hour could begin, smiling. We all know that thing called happy hour, yep, an early drink (or two) before dinner, smiling. Sure, why not, it's gotta be 5:00 somewhere Very Happy

She came over. Hubby, her and I had a Caesar drink. Sitting in our kitchen nook. This is a slide out in our teeny tiny very modern trailer, and can sit 6 people, 7 if you push it and can sleep 4, if you squish, it is a queenish sized bed when made into a bed. Been made into a bed many a time. So, what goes with a drink, but other people. Farmchiq texted Daughter (they are friends too) and her Husband to come up for a happy hour drink. Yep all in. Up the driveway come the added couple, along with that their 5 dogs in tow, one after the other, walking up, like a huge caravan of people and dogs. It is a most beautiful sight to see, a couple hand in hand, dogs in tow. That be a great huge dude named Tonka, think he is a bull mastiff X something or other, huge, Chopper, who is an American pitbull, Powder, a bichon friese, Xeena, her daughter, which is a bichon friese X Australian mini shepherd, and lastly Buster, their Chihuahua. Everyone came for a visit. Now in our teeny tiny home we have Coder, who is our rottwhieller X dalmation and our newest edition, offspring of Powder and Buster (they are 12 weeks old now), Gus and Gabby. Now let me think. If I do the math, that is 5 adults and 8 dogs, all melding in our teeny tiny trailer for a visit and happy hour. That it was. Such commradery, such order. Little dogs on laps and playing all over the couch and our bed. Tonka on the floor. Chopper sharing Coder’s place he sleeps on -- the hide-a-bed that does not get put down, but remains upright. All having a most wonderful visit for a longer than happy hour hour, smiling, how can you only pull this together for an hour, that just doesn’t work. Then to dinner down at our Daughter’s house cause I didn’t have any room to cook. She had ribs slow cookin’, so after the visit, all down for rib dinner. Farmchiq couldn’t stay, she had to go to another friend’s for dinner, too bad, we could have moved that happy hour to Daughter’s home. So do you get the picture that we had a home full of dogs and people. Yep. But I am order, that is me, harmony too -- visit for a longer than happy hour hour. So do you get the picture that we had a home full of dogs and people. Yep. But I am order, that is me, harmony and order and that made for a most wonderful visit. Yep, it was a wonderful Monday afternoon, people and dogs, what more could be asked for in life -- love, family, friends, dogs. Can’t wait for those dawg days of summer, when these visits can be moved outside to our beautiful porch....have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Last edited by CynthiaM on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicate thoughts, smiling)

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

NOw THAT sounds like a full house! Shocked
Everybody and their dog(s)...it's always great to have a visit! Seems like that doesn't happen a lot anymore.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Yes it was wonderful and cozy and fun. Next time (maybe not next time, but soon, when those wonderful summer evenings are upon us) I will bring 3 of my 4 crew along to join the melee.

I had a good evening too. Got home, did chores in the biting wind that was blowing (always so satisfying to know horses are munching up to their eyeballs in sweet hay) and then headed over to friend's for dinner. She has just started lambing, so we checked in on her first pair, born the night before. Poor little things, it was so cold again last night, but mama is big and wooly and has lots to give them

Then it was stirfry, Buck the Movie (for a 2nd time for me) and a paraffin hand wax treatment that felt oooohhh sooooo gooooood on those arthritic hands that suffer so in this cold.

Friendship and love is really all there is that matters; friends, dogs, mama-love for her lambs, it's all good. And throw in a nice spicy Caesar and you've just got it made!
xox

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum