Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A most unusual but most wonderful sign off

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, I am that girl that loves to sign off my posts, emails everything, with wishes for all to have a wonderful and beautiful day. Just something that I have done for years, and the words will vary, depending on what I am thinking or wanting to wish, smiling.

I have had conversation with a most interesting fellow wishing to purchase some hatching eggs. This is the kind of person that I like, honest, blatent, no wishywashiness, just down to earth and outspoken and well, just interesting.

I probably closed my email with him with something like "have a great day"

This is what I got a kick out of. He typed me a lengthy email telling me about problems he has had with ordering chicks and obtaining poor quality bird stock, turkey and chickens and that he has felt sad, but is not going to give up on having nice birds. At the end of his signoff to me, you will never guess what he said. this is what he said.

"you have whatever kind of day you want" and made the sticking out tongue emoticon at me. I do not often laugh aloud when on the internet, but this fellow pulled my giggle chain for surely, I laughed and immediately thought this was just one cool dude, and would like to make further acquaintance of him and his family, if he has one. He obviously has some kid of very neat personality in his life that I bet his Wife and kids would share too. Like attracts like.

This fellow is married, or has a partner, I got that sense.

This is the type of person that I am attracted to when I wish to cultivate a friendship and I think this fellow is going to become a good friend of mine. The things that we spoke about in the email were honest and blatent and to the point.

Is it chemistry? What is it that makes others want to hone a relationship, without even knowing that person. I am a very good judge of character, seriously, this may sound rather self-centred (there goes that "me, me, me" thing again, but it is all about "me, me, me", smiling). This is my thread and I can say what I want, smiling now that huge smile.

I have a few people in my life that I feel that I like to maintain relationships with. I choose and pick these people carefully, not everyone makes that cut (sounding real anal now, don't I, well, guess I am) and the relationship is babied along, sometimes baby steps, sometimes leaps and bounds Surprised

I like this guy. I like that he told me to have whatever kind of day I wanted and then stuck his tongue out at me, like the old thing when we were kids, tongue sticking out at each other and saying "na, na, na, na, na". I like people that are earthy, down to earth, some can even be out there in the stars, but these are the kind of people I am drawn to to make a relationship of friends, be they of either gender. I have some very good friends of both genders. These are completely friendly friendships and nothing that would ever go any where else other than just friendly friends. Friends.....the more I get "out there" in the world, out of my little "in here" world, the more I am finding I like good friends Cool Laughing , and I seem to be getting more and more all the time Shocked , they say life begins at 40, well, nigh to 60 years old, I think my life is really just beginning, smiling that huge smile. Beautiful day wishes to us all, and with health too!! CynthiaM.

LOL.

About 3 months ago, I signed a work email with "Have a great ever." The client called me laughing and asked if I was quitting. I said no, but at the time I was writing the note I just felt like if I said "Have a great day" that I only meant today, or have a great week, I only meant this week. I told them, I said, I enjoy doing business with them, so I wanted them to have a great forever, and thus signed the letter that way.

He now ends his letters to me with "Have a great ever!"

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

"you have whatever kind of day you want"

Love it, just love it! Laughing

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I love that attitude!

I know some people who declare the day a bad day within 5 minutes of rising. One thing I always tell my kids is "The day will be what you make it, and your attitude at the start of the day has a lot to do with how your day will go."

Love that Sass of a sticky out tongue thing too! Smile

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I also like the freedom of it. 'Have a nice day' puts so much pressure on me! Laughing

"You have whatever kind of day you want" really takes the pressure off and lets me have a crumby day if I just can't pull that nice day off! Very Happy

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes Cynthia, this fellow does sound like he'd be your kind of person. YOu'll have to tell us about him when next we coffee. Hey kiddo, you should make plans...

lazyfarmer

I was reading this old post. How are you making out with this friendship? Did he turn out to be as good as you first assumed he would be? Have you made your famous potatoe salad and invited him for lunch? Yes I may just be poking the bear, but it is winter here with nothing better to do.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

lazyfarmer wrote:I was reading this old post. How are you making out with this friendship? Did he turn out to be as good as you first assumed he would be? Have you made your famous potatoe salad and invited him for lunch? Yes I may just be poking the bear, but it is winter here with nothing better to do.

Now you still make me smile....Nope, haven't honed the relationship much further than it went last summer. Life gets busy. We get onto other things. If that person lived closer, of course that potato salad would be on the table to grace the lunch table with yummmmeee stuff too. Might have even served a buff orpington cockerel hunk of meat as well. Poke bears any time, agree, winter, with not many other things to do. We are not winter yet, still can get outside to find bears to poke. Have a most awesome day, or whatever way you would like to make this day go Cool CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum