Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow, interesting, all alone

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:56 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Signed into my forum, and there is only me on line, and well two other hidden things, those internet creepers I guess, odd feeling, but that doesn't stop me, smiling. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

2Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:59 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well, You're not alone anymore! I'm here! I'm here!

What are you up to on this Christmas Eve Day?

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

3Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:08 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Smiling, I guess we can talk, smiling again, but then there were three...coooool!!

Today I am making the stuffing for the turkey that I will bring up to cook at our youngest gal's home for dinner. Chicken stuff, having a nice long nap later on this morning, smiling, then heading off to the eve celebration at her home. Tomorrow is the big day, tonight is just the friends and family getting together for drinks and appies, gonna be nice. Got some (well, lots of stuff) I want to get done in the chickens' coops (it has snowed 4 inches already, hope it stops, cause I wanna scoop out the runs for them before they go out), so kind of a busy, kind of a not busy day, depends on how you look at it. How about you? Beautiful days, girl, CynthiaM.

4Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:22 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Mmmmmm! Stuffing! I loooove stuffing! I swear it's one of my favorite parts of having a turkey. Stuffing and gravy. Stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce on a turkey sandwhich. Gosh, I think Christmas dinner left overs is almost better then the dinner it's self. Except for the company of course.

This year, we are going to my Mom for Dinner. It should be fun. My sister is expecting a baby (like any day) She's due now. And I keep hoping she has it like yesterday. But today would do too, I guess. We were all hoping we would have a new baby to horde at the Christmas dinner. LOL. I'm bringing the bread for Dinner.

So, Today, I in a few minutes I will be putting on a batch of bread. I plan on making French Bread (although I might wait until tomorrow morning to do that since it's best fresh). But for sure this morning I will make some braided Cheese bread loaves, complete with saute'd onion and poppy seed. What could be better then that? Just about every year I bring the breaded Cheese breads.

5Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:31 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah, Silkie, now that is just not fair, how could you talk about that braided bread. When you get some time, absolutely no hurry, tell how you do it. I know, bake bread, but what do you do to get the topping on, staying on and so forth. Do it in the recipe section. I could do that, smiling that big smile!!! Sounds like you'll have a nice celebration too, oh, oh, I see a bunch of friends on our forum now, have beautiful days, CynthiaM.

6Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:41 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh, the braided cheese bread is easy! I'll take time and post it in the recipe section and maybe try and take pictures. I actually put the cheese and onion IN the bread as well as on top. I mean if you are going to make something like that, you might as well go all the way, and just load it up, right? ha ha ha! I think it looks pretty as well. Ooooo! It's great the next day too, sliced, toasted, and dipped in cold tomato juice. Mmmmmm! Christmas food is the best!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day, full of good friends, family, love and laughter.

7Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:57 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I`m here now too!
Sounds like you two have a busy day. I have to go to town. Crying or Very sad I don`t want to, but have to pick up hubbies gift that is finally in.
CynthiaM, I don`t like hearing you have a bunch of snow. It is clear up here and I thought maybe the drive would be good, oh well.
We are going to the neighbours tonight, which is nice. No family stuff this year, just too sad.
Then I am cooking a rib roast, yum, for the new kids we have working for us. They just started, their first Christmas away from home, family all in Ontario. I think she is feeling it more than him.

8Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm here too now. Still lying in bed as the light barely fills the sky. It snowing right now too. Beautiful and quiet. We have two little ones still sleeping. Guess I'll be doing a little shovelling.

We'll enjoy our coffee by the wood stove and discuss the plans of what still needs to be done before everyone arrives. I made the stuffing yesterday and will put it in the bird just before it's ready for the oven. It'll be a very full day being the host house for all the family.

Silkie, enjoy that yummy bread. I've decided that Christmas for me is about eating yummy foods I wouldn't normally eat.......in moderation of course. Smile

Cindi, keep on keepin' on. Enjoy your family and those lovely grandchildren. They're lucky to have you.

ANd dear, Joan.....my heart is with you. You are not alone. Keep your face to the Light.

I love you

9Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:54 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good morning you four. I am just having breckkie before i head out to make sure everything is safe and secure before my flight to Ontario!

Sue

10Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:57 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have a great time Sue!

11Wow, interesting, all alone Empty Re: Wow, interesting, all alone Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:19 am

Wow ! feels like I'm intrudeing into a private conversation here ? Then there was me ??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum