Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sick as all get out

+13
chickeesmom
jocelyn
KathyS
dooversue
heda gobbler
chickencrazygirl
uno
Hidden River
Blue Hill Farm
ChicoryFarm
smokyriver
Arcticsun
Jonny Anvil
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sick as all get out Empty Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

I won't be online much or participating in many conversations... I am currently fighting off a very nasty flu.

I am convinced I have pneumonia, reason being is I have had it three times in my adult life and I feel and have the same symptoms as previous cases.
Still waiting to get in to see my doctor.

Blah......

2Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:14 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

blaaaaa!
There are spome nasty viruses out there right now!
Get better soon

Chicken soup (especially from contankerous roosters) is very good for the flu!

3Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:15 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Praying you are feeling better soon!! Hope you can get in to see your doc soon!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

4Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Finally got an appointment for tomorrow. My Fam Doctor has been on holidays.
I can't even go outside... went to feed the birds this am and had to stand in the coop out of the wind cause my ears were hurting, not to mention the coughing is just killing my throat.

I think I also have an ear infection and strep throat... very unlikely but considering the symptoms I have... Blah

I have been eating oatmeal, orange juice, an assortment of Teas, such as peppermint and green teas and enjoying the odd bowl of soup. Mainly the broth.

Oh did I mention I am a huge baby when I am sick.... I am not afraid to admit it..... It's the one time I can whine and pout and get away with it.

I am sure Karrie is tired of hearing..... " Honey...... I'm Sick"

lol

5Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Stay positive Johnny. Ride the wave. This too shall pass. And I know it's no fun. No

6Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:45 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds very unpleasant. No If you happen to have any apple cider vinegar on hand, you can try making a tonic to relieve your sore throat. 1 tbsp of acv to 1 cup of water. It really does help! (if you can stand the taste).

Hope you're feeling better soon Jonny.

7Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:53 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hope you feel better soon Jonny, and that your doctor is more helpful than the walk in doctor we had to see.
My little girl was very sick after Christmas, her doctor on holidays, took her to walk in. Had very high fevers, coughing, and a very sore throat. Then she started vommiting. I was very concerned. Took her to walk in, the doctor looked in her throat and ears, listened to her, said just a virus she will have to get over it on her own...I was not impressed, but if there is no evidence of infectin no since medicating. That night her fever broke, and 2 days later she was running around like nothing had ever happened...
Hopefully you bounce back as quickly too.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

8Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:09 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

THe Potato Chip Cure.

Discovered this as I was dragging myself around, half dead with flu and lung infection, not able to eat, not hardly able to move my eyeballs. Everything hurt and had a sore throat to end all sore throats!

Had eaten nothing for a few days, throat too sore, then the child offered me some of her potatoe chips. To make her happy (she was trying to help her sick mommy) I took a handful and sucked on them half heartedly, munched them down when they weren't crunchy anymore. About 1/2 hour later my throat was a lot better! SALT is the secret.

Gargling with salt keeps it at the upper reaches of your throat and the salt is not present for very long. But slowly sucking the salt off a handful of potatoe chips gets the salt all the way down your gullet and gives you exposure for longer than gargling.

Put your feet up and inbetween telling the other half how sick you are, suck on some potatoe chips, lick all the salt off before you eat them. It won't cure you but might ease off the killer sore throat.

9Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:33 pm

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh Jonny you make me feel better all ready and I was not sick lol! well not yet anyway. Look after yourself .....not bird flu is it scratch

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

10Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:08 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

You have a Man Cold at least, if not Man Flu.

Hope you get well soon.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

11Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:22 pm

dooversue

Jonny my heart goes out to you...hope you're feeling better soon!
Karrie my heart goes out to you...hope he's feeling better soon!
Comfort Tehehehehe!

12Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:55 pm

I hope Jonny gets well soon too... He has been sick for 3 days and I am so tired of hearing "Honey... I'm Sick"!!!

I just turn to him and say " Who has been sick since New Years and has missed a week of work because I feel like I am dying"? That would be me, I am still not 100% and feel like I am drowning in moucus and can't turn off my runny nose.

I am so done with being sick!!!!

13Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh dear Lord! He has a MAN COLD!!!!

14Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Nyquil: The night time, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, get rid of your man's man cold medicine!

Actually, I absolutely hate pharmacutiles and I'm not-so-good on nyquil. I had similar symptoms to you, I think, about a month ago. I woke up with a scratchy throat, by the end of the day just had some minor sniffles. Next morning I was coughing (the gross, rattling coughs), had no voice, my throat felt like there was a spike in it, swollen lymph glands, headache, fever, hot/cold flashes *breath* and so on. My cure: Sleep and a mixture of even parts honey to apple cider vinegar 4 - 6 times a day for 3 days. Shocked Embarassed Crying or Very sad I learned very quickly, no matter how much honey you add to apple cider vinegar, it still tastes like apple cider vinegar.

15Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:22 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

dooversue wrote:Jonny my heart goes out to you...hope you're feeling better soon!
Karrie my heart goes out to you...hope he's feeling better soon!
Comfort Tehehehehe!

lol!

Get better soon, Jonny!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

16Sick as all get out Empty sick Jonny Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:42 am

jocelyn

Hang in there buddy. It does get better. No May not feel like it right now, but a few more days will turn the corner..........

17Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:17 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Reminds me of that Nyquil ad, he's is bed and asks his wife to call his Mom, she throws the bottle of Nyquil at him.
Oh Jonny do hope you are feeling better soon....

18Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 am

chickeesmom wrote:Reminds me of that Nyquil ad, he's is bed and asks his wife to call his Mom, she throws the bottle of Nyquil at him.
Oh Jonny do hope you are feeling better soon....

Thats exactly what popped into my head.

19Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

I hope you feel better soon! If you have some - try Oil of Oregano (drink lots of water with it - it's strong!) - it can sometimes help.

20Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Well it's been confirmed...

I went to the Doc office today and the diagnosis is Pneumonia. Sad

I feel horrible.... and Karrie ( Karebare2) is sick as all get out as well... she went in this afternoon and the doc has informed her that she has a rather serious sinus infection and a slight bronchial infection.

We are just two peas in a rather sick pod, plus we have colds. Smile

I am going to go hide in my bed and take my meds until this passes.

Blah... Sleep

21Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Jonny Anvil wrote:Well it's been confirmed...

I went to the Doc office today and the diagnosis is Pneumonia. Sad

I feel horrible.... and Karrie ( Karebare2) is sick as all get out as well... she went in this afternoon and the doc has informed her that she has a rather serious sinus infection and a slight bronchial infection.

We are just two peas in a rather sick pod, plus we have colds. Smile

I am going to go hide in my bed and take my meds until this passes.

Blah... Sleep

Best wishes.

22Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 pm

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Real sorry on what you both have, guess you will have to let karrie off as sick nurse and you will have to get your Mom to step in for both of you I love you Me well so far I'm not sick, you know knock on wood and I was in feet of both of you sick people last week.
Just look after yourselfs and keep up with the meds, that and rest..............sleep well mate

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

23Sick as all get out Empty sick Jonny Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 am

jocelyn

Just checking up on you....how you doing now?

Jocelyn

24Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:19 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

You both take care and look after yourselves! Lots of rest and liquids.

25Sick as all get out Empty Re: Sick as all get out Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I personally am feeling better... despite the coughing.

I am taking my meds, and rebounding rather quickly considering... Karrie on the other hand. She is still feeling rough.

I mean I feel rough as well, but a lot better then the other day.
Thanks for checking up on me....

I appreciate it.
Very Happy

Jonny

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum