Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sick for Christmas

+6
Magdelan
bigrock
Karaandblue
Pollywog
Schipperkesue
coopslave
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1sick for Christmas Empty sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:54 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have another stupid cold. Felt tight in my chest yesterday and had a cough. Moving around my body today.
Very bad timing, have people coming over for turkey tomorrow and spending the night. I hate being sick when I prepare food for people. I try to be so careful not to share it!! I find I am just more tired too. I was looking forward to the company and big meal and now I am just tired.....

Sorry, just a little whinny.  Rolling Eyes 

2sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:56 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is all the fault of those darned kids you teach. You are not used to Alberta germs yet. Fingers crossed for a fast recovery!

3sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:10 am

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Blah! Sucks to be sick at Christmas time. I hope you feel better soon!

4sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:48 am

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

Hope you feel better soon coop - colds are never fun - especially at Christmas - get some rest if possible, and enjoy the season - just think - this way you will get more help making your meal!

5sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:01 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

poor you-niquil...is your friend...hope you feel better

6sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:14 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ah sad day Coopslave. Go to the bath with some soothing essential oil - always helps me when I feel that achey thing and gets right in to the core of me, sleep and rest up. Maybe your visitors will enjoy chipping in to the cooking process and be fun?

7sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:17 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks everyone, just feeling sooky! I was looking forward to this and now not as much. I am sure I will enjoy it tomorrow.

8sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:36 am

I often feel colds trying to come on (I work in the schools too) and when I do, I COMBAT them! Don't mask the symptoms with stuff like Contac C etc. if you don't have to. Oil of Oregano, vitamin c in huge doses, cinnamon, lemon and unpasteurized honey, and more Oil of Oregano! I have successfully fought off 3 colds this fall.

Good luck Cooper, and whatever happens, try and enjoy your day tomorrow. It sucks that you're feeling tired. Sad

9sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

For Christmas eve, I got a puking 7 year old.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

10sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:08 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Coop, you have my sympathy. I am on the tail end of a bad cold, still dragging around, lungs full of guck. But the LAST thing I want is help with cooking! Nothing makes me more tense or anxious than 6 people asking me what they can do. I do not have tasks pre-planned for people, nor do I have the energy to explain what to do, how to do it and where to find the supplies. Nope. Just get out of my way and let me get 'er done, sick or not.

However, I plan for total and utter collapse on Boxing Day and anyone foolish enough to ask me for food, will get a swift upper jab in the jaw! Thus the name, Boxing Day! The day wives and mothers beat the stuffing out of their overly demanding and utterly spoiled families!

Blessings to all my chicken friends, who I am grateful to have, whose personalities and adventures make me smile and chuckle. I hope the spirit of joy and plenty, gratitude and peace visits all your homes this year. Merry Christmas. (get better fast, Coopslave, and while masking symptoms with Contac-C might not be good, alcohol is an accepted masking agent!)

11sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:25 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Gotta ask UNO
is the guy coming for dinner?

12sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:09 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very sorry to all of you in the same boat as me. It is not fun to be feeling out of sorts when you just want to have a bit of fun. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve and an enjoyable Christmas day!!!

uno wrote:. But the LAST thing I want is help with cooking! Nothing makes me more tense or anxious than 6 people asking me what they can do. I do not have tasks pre-planned for people, nor do I have the energy to explain what to do, how to do it and where to find the supplies. Nope. Just get out of my way and let me get 'er done, sick or not.

I have to say I am a bit like this to Uno. I will have things completely planned, just stay out of my way. Hubby is good at keeping people well occupied and glasses full after the initial offer of help! I will have a couple of things done beforehand, but I am a bit of a timing freak. Like to have it all ready and poof, like magic it appears on the table for everyone. I am in a bit of an advantage, as 2 of them land tomorrow night, they will not be here til late and I can have the meal ready by the time they get here and we can visit after. Just cleaning house now. Excuse me while I go hack up a lung......

13sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well you all put me to shame   Embarassed . I love cooking the meal but I make everybody sit and wait for it. Then usually carve it out and that can take a bit. We had a heritage turkey for the 1st time 2 years ago. Was I lost or what, definitely not a commercial turkey. Speaking of commercial turkey can anyone tell me what Utility Grade is. I hear or read that and have this thought of , Here's your cardboard box in turkey form. So back to my heritage turkey carving was so different, much thicker skin so juicy and that taste.

I do however clean like a mad woman  Twisted Evil  the days before. Having 2 little boys always on the loose in my house makes it like a merry go round. This year we are getting better at this. I figure by the time they are 20 I should have some sort of system.

I feel for you authentic, was there last year.  affraid 

I am being drug down this year by this confounded head cold that just keeps hanging on, argh. That's ok the hubby is letting me sleep it off, kids are doing their chores we will survive.

I sure hope everybody has the Merry-ist of Christmas's  cheers  and low lazy boxing days  santa

14sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:40 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Way to be, Bigrock, wreck it for me! Yes. He is coming. We shall not speak of it.
(ah, I am trying hard to have faith that he will grow out of it, he will grow out of it, oh Gordon, please let him grow out of it!)

15sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:46 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Somebody said 23, I don't think men really grow out of much until after 26.  I believe that is when they all of a sudden wake up and understand that they can do it themselves and it is even nice to do things for other people.  I don't think that is a bad thing, and it is not a criticism at all.  Men should be selfish and get it out of their system.  Then they are able to really step up and set an example and be strong for their families.
I hope this has not offended any men (if it has it is the cold talking  Wink ), I think many of them marry to young and should wait.

16sick for Christmas Empty Re: sick for Christmas Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:22 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry you are sick Coop. Sat beside my favourite aunt and she had a streaming cold so knew I'd get it. I'm almost over it now, just purr like an old cat on the sofa. Pace yourself and take enjoyment where you can!

Merry Christmas!!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum