Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sick as a dog ...............really

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sick as a dog ...............really Empty Sick as a dog ...............really Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:54 pm

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have thought of the saying "Sick as a dog" quite a bit this last week. One son had stomach flu over a week ago , followed by with in a few days my second son.
I thought great I have dodged the bullet here as I was feeling just great............
Well woke up last 2 son's we sick so was helping them out and oh my I too was starting to not feel great. Kids had to sort themselfs out in the end and me well stayed as close to the washroom as I could.
I still had animals to feed horse needed hay as did the goats and bottle lambs to feed milk to. Oh and 2 goats to milk out 1 gallon over 2 milkings in the day.
Oh well I asked the one son that had been sick the week before to help out .......he was tired and needed sleep. Could not believe him 17 years old and couldn't help his mom when she really needed it.
One min I was hot then cold , my whole body hurt all over with my hands feeling soar , but milk I did. Just hoped that I would not need the wash room while out there , but luck was on my side.
I got back inside to lay down managed a short nap in between bath room breaks.
Mind my chickens and chicks still needed feeding and my son was still no help . I phoned a friend to come and feed them , then her sheep has lambs so I told her not to come over and I kept phoning my son downstairs to go feed the chicks he went out in the end and got in just as my friend turned up.
What a mess , no really the house was a danger zone of nasty things just about every where.
It was also my son's birthday , mind he was the one to bring it home. We had to celebrate his birthday another day and it was hard to get everyone away from washrooms.
So there I was laying on my bed thinking "I feel sick as a dog" no wait my dog was not sick and she was as happy as could be came in to check on me .
Then I think how silly a saying sick as a dog is ..............how was nut's enought to come up with it. My dog was having a better day than me or my other 2 kids.
There she lays on her dog bed having a nap , gets up for food and water , goes outside for a play , well I would say I want to have a dogs life and would have done just about anything that day to have been my dog. My trusty friend that came to see me when I was sick as a dog.
Night time milking and lamb feeding was oh so much fun, it made me think maybe I should only have as many animals as I could look after on a very sick day or always get set up for the day ahead. I knew my water would need filling for the chickens the night before , but was tired and needed to sit down.
If I had done some extra work things would not have been so hard on the day I was sick,
My husband that never ever helps feed animals put my horse in his dirt pen and fed him. watered chickens , watered all my other animals.
I was so thankful for the help I did get. I had chicks hatching in the incubator that I moved at the night time when life was feeling a little better.
I lost 10 lbs in weight and even 4 days have passed I have only put back on 2 lbs. On Sat 2 kids one that was sick and the one that would not help along with my husband and me moved just inder 200 bales of hay ( too good a price to pass up on) Mind Sat was a hot hot day. We went out to celebrate my son's birthday at last and Sat was a bad day for poplar trees with all their fuzz flying in the air.
So you know what I have now allergys kicked up cough and soar throat and can hardly say a word.
So I want to be a dog , to have no cares in the world , to run and play , chase my tail.
Oh to be a dog to lay in my bed , watch birds fly over my head and be feed
Oh to be a dog to run in the fields and chase mice in throw the grass.
Oh to be a dog and have nothing to say woof

I guess long and short of it all always stay on top of you animal jobs and allow others to help ,, oh and this is a big one ( teach my husband to milk ) mind that may take some work , but he should know what to do just incase I get sick as a dog.

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

2Sick as a dog ...............really Empty Re: Sick as a dog ...............really Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:00 pm

KlassyChic

KlassyChic

Oh that's awful! Hope everyone is on the mend now Smile I guess as another saying goes... when it rains it pours! And who ever said sick as a dog?? Mine are never sick. I join you in the envy of a pooches lifestyle! Feel better soon!

3Sick as a dog ...............really Empty Re: Sick as a dog ...............really Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:06 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree, that sounds awful! Take care of yourself!

4Sick as a dog ...............really Empty Re: Sick as a dog ...............really Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:45 am

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Went to the doctors yesterday , turns out my allergys turned into a sinus infection and my cough due to allergys was a bronchial restriction. Which he said if I get the same next year will be called asthma.
So have to say was happy I went to the dr, with medication starting to feel better. It's my son's graduation and was not looking forwards to the event due to the coughting attacks , thinking I would be watching from the door way with people staring at me. So now with fingers crossed can enjoy the celebration for sure.

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

5Sick as a dog ...............really Empty Re: Sick as a dog ...............really Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:50 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

chickencrazygirl wrote:Went to the doctors yesterday , turns out my allergys turned into a sinus infection and my cough due to allergys was a bronchial restriction. Which he said if I get the same next year will be called asthma.
So have to say was happy I went to the dr, with medication starting to feel better. It's my son's graduation and was not looking forwards to the event due to the coughting attacks , thinking I would be watching from the door way with people staring at me. So now with fingers crossed can enjoy the celebration for sure.

Sounds like a good dose of Tylan is in order! Very Happy

Hope that you feel better soon. Sinus infections are no fun and coughing isn't nice either. Congratulations on your son's Graduation! I hope you enjoy it!

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum