Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So excited about my new job!

+6
mirycreek
uno
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
coopslave
silkiebantam
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So excited about my new job! Empty So excited about my new job! Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:17 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ok... I just have to tell someone because I am so excited! I got a call about a job at the local bakery to come in and start training after Labor Day. I'm super, super happy about this. I totally can't wait! This is something that I've always wanted to do.

The Baker Extrodinaire website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OMG! Was just thinking.. their Coconut Cream Pie is to die for! This is going to be sooooo bad... or good.... Twisted Evil 

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

2So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:30 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations Silkie, I hope it is all you imagine and more!

3So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:52 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

*jealous!*

I would love to be a baker!

4So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:32 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would be so horribly, happily huge if I worked in a bakery. It would be a rewarding job, though - feeding people is great!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:38 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

YOu go with your yeasty self! I am pleased to hear happiness and joy in your voice (words). Even if it was a job shovelling garbage at the dump, and let's face it, you can find some pretty interesting htings at the dump, if it made you happy, I would be happy too.

Keep us posted and tell us all how to become better bakers. You go girl!

6So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:54 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow that sounds wonderful!  Sounds just like a home kitchen If I ever make it to terrace that bakery would be on my list of places to go!!
Its the smell that gets me nothing better than the scent of fresh baking wafting out of a bakery door on a cold winter morning!
And you cant gain weight on the air;) 

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

7So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:57 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah our favourite person has gone from farm girl, processing all her own food, to hangin' out in a sewing store, to a baker....good going girl, your roads in life are deep and most beautiful. Enjoy being in that beautiful smelling place, feeding people....oooh, seems to me that that has always been your agenda in life, to caregive, in so many different ways. Baking, the ultimate in caregiving to make the human body and soul feel good, good feeling foods, yay. Happiness wishes for you and the paths your life is travelling in so many different ways, and have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

8So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 am

vic's chicks

Congrats. My husband is a cabinet maker turned Baker. When we moved to our farm 11 years ago (we were 51 then) We had the opportunity to have an outdoor wood fired oven built by a german builder who wanted to do a workshop here. Will was always wanted to bake bread. He started making whole grain organic bread for the farmers market. He couldn't keep up with the demand so we bought a propane convection oven and a hobart mixer. One saturday he decided to make a couple of batches of cinnamon buns like he has always made for his kids at christmas. It didn't take long for the word to get out. We now sell a minimum of 150 cinnamon buns in three hours every Saturday. He is more interested in the quality of the product than the money(sometimes I wish he was concerned about the money a little more). He loves cabinet making but he loves baking the most. I am happy for you that you get to do something you are passionate about. The only negative thing I can think about baking is the timing. In order to have the product fresh fresh fresh! it means working through the night. Any time you have any questions , ask away . He loves to talk about baking. Good luck

9So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:41 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations Silkie! There's nothing like getting a job you really want. I'll have to pop in and introduce myself when we are up your way late September.......and buy some baking of course. Very Happy 

Good luck with the training and start up.

10So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:14 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Congrats. Working in a bakery is very rewarding, hard work but very rewarding and fun. I wish we still had ours sometimes, and maybe again one day, though it would have to be a gluten free bakery.

One tip - don't eat everything that is thrown out, it's a very hard urge to resist when you see almost perfect food not being eaten...or there may be big consequences.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

11So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:11 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks! I will just be starting off 1 day a week then working up to hopefully full time by December. (One of the girls is having a baby and I'm taking her place). I'm still working at the Craft Store until then.

I love the Creative Zone (craft store) but the Bakery job gets me really excited! I'm really looking forward to learning how to bake the different breads and pies...

You're right, resisting the urge to bring home unsold goods will be the hard part. lol. I do have a weakness for fresh baked bread as well... ooooo and the cream pies....

Chickory, let me know when you are coming so I can let you know my schedule so you can find me! That's so exciting!

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

12So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:32 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

silkiebantam wrote:
Chickory, let me know when you are coming so I can let you know my schedule so you can find me!  That's so exciting!
PM'd you Very Happy 

13So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

ChicoryFarm wrote:
silkiebantam wrote:
Chickory, let me know when you are coming so I can let you know my schedule so you can find me!  That's so exciting!
PM'd you Very Happy 
Chicory, you comin' through Grindrod on way north Razz  , you could divert to get to Kamloops, you know -- and you know where we live and we have room for the unit hookup!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

14So excited about my new job! Empty Re: So excited about my new job! Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:08 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:
ChicoryFarm wrote:
silkiebantam wrote:
Chicory, you comin' through Grindrod on way  north Razz  , you could divert to get to Kamloops, you know -- and you know where we live and we have room for the unit hookup!!  Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.
It would be so great to see you and K again. Stay tuned my dear chicken buddy. Sending you a big hug over the cyber waves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum