Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just got the new book, so excited!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just got the new book, so excited!!! Empty Just got the new book, so excited!!! Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:55 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just received Sigrids new book Genetics of Chicken Extremes. It is all I thought I it would be. So far I have looked mainly at the amazing pictures and read only a few things that really interested me. I can see myself in the long, cold winter nights cuddled up with this book and having my head explode with all the information!!! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It wasn't cheap, but I think it is well worth it. There isn't many books out there like this!

2Just got the new book, so excited!!! Empty Re: Just got the new book, so excited!!! Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just had a look at the link to her artwork, it is very cool.

3Just got the new book, so excited!!! Empty Re: Just got the new book, so excited!!! Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations on your new reading material! We will all look forward to you sharing some little tid-bits with us. study

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

4Just got the new book, so excited!!! Empty Re: Just got the new book, so excited!!! Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

All that talent and she chooses to paint chickens. OY!

5Just got the new book, so excited!!! Empty Re: Just got the new book, so excited!!! Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:03 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

woohoo coopslave! I hope you enjoy this book and share the cool suff with us.

Never too old to learn, hey. Christmas came early for you ? Very Happy

6Just got the new book, so excited!!! Empty Re: Just got the new book, so excited!!! Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

The Fat Ewe wrote:All that talent and she chooses to paint chickens. OY!

I am afraid I must take exception to this comment.

Often we consider some subject matter more "artworthy" than others. What should she spend her time painting? Landscapes and sunsets? Any subject is worthy of painting, it is the treatment and artistic view of that subject matter that is important in a piece of art. Personally (as you may have figured out by now) I find chickens to be great models and they inspire me as an artist. I would hope no one would judge anyone's artistic talent as wasted due to what they chose to paint!

7Just got the new book, so excited!!! Empty Re: Just got the new book, so excited!!! Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:19 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well put Sue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum