Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fall 2013 fabric swap

+10
lanaire-ranching
blackdove
mirycreek
pigglet
'lilfarm
Prairie Chick
coopslave
cbrookkelly
authenticfarm
uno
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:30 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

BUMP!!!

THe list stands as follows

Authentic Farm
CBKelly
Prairie Chick
Lil'Farm
Pigglet
Miry Creek
Blackdove
Lanaire-Ranching
Rasilon

If any of you want OFF the list, let me know, otherwise I will assume you still want in.

RASILON you need to pm me your mailing address.

Anyone else want to get on board? Now' s the time.

27Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:31 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bump

28Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would like to join this swap!Very Happy 

29Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:09 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pollywog, your name is on the list. I keep saying that so often I sound like Santa Claus! Be sure to private message me your home mailing address and keep your eyes peeled for more information.

That makes 11 of us, including myself, if everyone is still in. Woot woot! Is everyone planning a project? A hat? A basket? Placemats? Pillowcases? Pot holders? HOt mats for the table? A table runner? A QUILT?

Pillowcase story. Daughter wore a hole in the middle of her lovely, brown 100% cotton sheet. Not much to be done, not able to repair, it was so threadbare. But the fabric around the outer edges of the sheet was still in good shape. All that cotton, worn so soft from years of use. It gave me pain to think of ripping it into rags.

Then I got an idea. I had recently bought two new pillows for our bed. The most fluffy, squishy, dreamy soft things you can imagine. But they were oversized. Stuffing them into a regular pillowcase compacted them and took away that fluffy loveliness.

Using the outer sheet edges I made two of the softest, brown pillowcases ever! I edged one in a green and neutral paisley print, that's for Hub. Mine was edged with a rose floral fabric. Stuffed with those squishy pillows they are PERFECT pillows to cuddle. I can't sleep unless I have a pillow to hug. I call them the brown cuddle bear pillows. Yeah, I know, it's weird. Shrieks of STOP TOUCHING MY BEAR!! can be heard in our room. Hub thinks I don't notice him hogging both pillows, but I do! I have no idea why I have told you this pointless story other than it's sewing related and to inspire your needle craft spirit.

I will get down to organizing who sends to whom pretty soon. Are you ready? Any last minute joiners? Getting stuff in the mail is fun! I got a chicken that way! The Round Belly Knitted White, an old legless breed....

30Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty rubbing hands together with glee Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:01 am

pigglet

All types of things going thro my thoughts. `sides for a shopping bag`center mat for table` maybe a purse`a water cooler dress??` endless things that could be done. Now to dust off the old machine.

31Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hmmmm... I'd like to make a hot pad for my table!

32Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:29 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

33Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:49 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I got my swap fabric!!! Love love the colours. Thank you fabric buddy cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

34Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:06 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, CBKelly, whoever sent you those had superior taste in fabrics. Embarassed 

I can hardly wait to see what you make. I like your Hilljilly fabric wallets, you should post pics here, brag up your artwork.

You should also post over in Coop's new thread before she blows a fuse.

35Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:36 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:
You should also post over in Coop's new thread before she blows a fuse.
That's right, we all know how unstable she is these days!! Laughing 

36Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:03 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

cant wait to get mine too!  I was away all last week but see a parcel card in my mail box so maybe soon..

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

37Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi I have noidea if my fabric buddy received her fabric. Can she let me know please thanks
Geri

38Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:02 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I haven't received anything yet either... Sad 

But I haven't been to the post office this week.

39Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Beautiful fabric Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:40 pm

pigglet

Claire, this fabric is beautiful. Just the right colors that fit me to a tee. I don't know how to post pictures yet, but I'm going to 'sweet talk' my neighbor( Janet, Triple J Farms), to see if she will show me how to do it. I really love the green colors, they match the colors I sent to Prairie Chick ( I bought the same fabrics for myself that I sent!!!!!!) Thanks very so much.

40Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 am

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Rasilon, I was actually just coming on to post this morning Smile I had a wonderful package in my mail yesterday!! thank you very much, I am sitting here pondering what I am going to make but I am leaning towards some new potholders so I can enjoy it in my kitchen (and I need new ones, so sort of a two-fold there! haha) again, thank you!!

and Pigglet!! I am so so glad that you enjoyed the colours! I fretted for a long time actually over what I was going to send (and then it was a tad bit tardy to the post on top of it, but I had some serious Life get in the way so I hope that is a good enough excuse) I really loved those colours myself, which is half the reason I finally sent them! figured if I loved them that much, they were good to pass along!

41Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:51 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lanaire-ranching wrote:Rasilon, I was actually just coming on to post this morning Smile I had a wonderful package in my mail yesterday!!  thank you very much, I am sitting here pondering what I am going to make but I am leaning towards some new potholders so I can enjoy it in my kitchen (and I need new ones, so sort of a two-fold there! haha)  again, thank you!!  

and Pigglet!! I am so so glad that you enjoyed the colours! I fretted for a long time actually over what I was going to send (and then it was a tad bit tardy to the post on top of it, but I had some serious Life get in the way so I hope that is a good enough excuse)   I really loved those colours myself, which is half the reason I finally sent them! figured if I loved them that much, they were good to pass along!
I am glad you finally got it. Hope you like the colors.
Geri

42Fall 2013 fabric swap - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:30 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I do like the colours and in fact I am certain I have some more that will match perfectly! just have to get my room cleaned out so that I can get in there and find stuff Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum