Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fall 2013 fabric swap

+10
lanaire-ranching
blackdove
mirycreek
pigglet
'lilfarm
Prairie Chick
coopslave
cbrookkelly
authenticfarm
uno
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:54 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tossing this out there now, ahead of time.

I would be willing to organize a fabric swap if people are interested.

WILL NOT BE DOING IT NOW! LATER!

I think most of us got a project finished last time, except Blackdove...bad Blackdove!

No one has to sign up yet. It's just something to mull over for the next few weeks. Like I said, this is a casual fly-by.

If you have fabric to pass along and would like to receive a piece, you can put your hand up and I'll write your name down. Then watch to see further news releases in the coming weeks. If there is not enough interest, we won't bother.

2Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Me!

4Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:47 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

CBKelly, Authentic, you are both noted in my notebook.

I will bump this now and then, just to keep it out there for people. Thanks.

CBKelly, we hear very little from you until someone mentions fabric. Been bit by the quilting bug? There is no cure, you know. Razz

5Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:55 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Lol...I know. Have been busy sewing and now share a space at the local farmer's market. If you or anyone else uses facebook come on over and check us out. Please like our page Smile we are Hilljilly Boutique.

6Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:04 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very cool stuff Cbrook!

7Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Count me in Very Happy 

8Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 am

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

me too!

9Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:33 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairie Chick, 'LilFarm, I've got you both noted in my book.

10Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 am

pigglet

Please can a new member be included? Please count me in. I love sewing

11Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:45 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

OF course new members can join the fabric swap! The more the merrier. Please PM (private message) me your name and mailing address. I have everyone else's (I'm pretty sure). Some of us fabric swappers are repeat offenders!

12Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:04 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

me, me! I want to join this again! Very Happy 

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

13Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:23 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Miry, you're in the notebook.

14Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:36 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If I post pictures of my blocks from the spring swap can I join the fall swap?!  

Please, please, please, oh Swap Master Uno... queen 

Remember ALL that hard work I put into the ace quilt... that should get me some brownie points... Laughing   tee hee hee

15Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:02 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

OOOOOHH, Blackdove pulls out the mother of all TRUMP cards and WHACKS me with it! Ouch! I think I'm bleeding Shocked 

Do you really think I'd say no? I will write you in my notebook, but your name gets a special notation...and not in a good way! Stinker.

16Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:31 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

oooo this sounds really interesting!! I will have to look up the last swap to see what all went on, but I think I might want to toss my name into the hat too Very Happy 

17Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:12 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Basically what goes on is I assign everyone a buddy. You send a chunk of fabric to your buddy, and wait to get your fabric in the mail from the person sending to you.

No, it is not a straight across swap, the person you send fabric to is NOT the person sending it back to you. Oh the organizing and planning I have to do, oy!

Then you make something with your bit of fabric (adding more from your own stash) and post pics so we can all admire your creative genius.

It's just a fun little something to do. A little surprise in the mail makes it worth walking to the mailbox.

Lanaire, let me know for sure if you're in or out. I think the minimum size was 1/2 metre or 2 fat quarters. Cant remember for sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

18Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You guys gonna put a fall theme on this?

19Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:21 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sold. I'm in Very Happy. Sounds like a blast!! And an easy commitment which really fits my life these days

20Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

bump

21Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

uno wrote:Tossing this out there now, ahead of time.

I would be willing to organize a fabric swap if people are interested.

WILL NOT BE DOING IT NOW!    LATER!

I think most of us got a project finished last time, except Blackdove...bad Blackdove!

No one has to sign up yet. It's just something to mull over for the next few weeks. Like I said, this is a casual fly-by.

If you have fabric to pass along and would like to receive a piece, you can put your hand up and I'll write your name down. Then watch to see further news releases in the coming weeks. If there is not enough interest, we won't bother.
Could I be included? What kind of material is sent does it matter .

22Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:39 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes you can be included, I will write your name in my notebook. YOu will need to pm me and give me your mailing address.

We exchange 100% cotton, the kind that most quilters and crafters use. If you have a fabric store anywhere near, they will know what you mean when you ask about quilting cotton.

23Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bump.

24Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:19 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bump.

Fall is upon us. Time to get thinking about getting this organized. If anyone else wants in, put your name up here and I'll write you down in my notebook.

So far we have
Uno
Authentic Farm
CBKelly
Prairie Chick
Lil'farm
Pigglet
Miry Creek
BLackdove
Lanaire-Ranching
Rasilon

Lanaire-Ranching and Rasilon both need to PM me their home mailing address. Lanaire, I had yours and now I can't find it! So, pm me again and I'l jot it in my notebook. If my head wasn't screwed on...

In the last few months I have produced 3 quilt tops. One of them is a clunker and will be thrown in a closet and forgotten. Another is quite ugly, but it's just like the quilts my Grandma would make, and thus, as I made it, I learned to love its ugliness. And the one I am quilting right now...I impressed myself. I have been a busy bee!

Anyone else feel the urge to hunker down with a fall project? Give me your name and you're in the game!

25Fall 2013 fabric swap Empty Re: Fall 2013 fabric swap Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:30 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

you'll have my address in probably a day or so?? in the form of a return address Very Happy and that is all I can say to that!! Twisted Evil 

hunkering down. I have been doing that too! so much to do, so little time! and gearing up for Christmas already too-- so much fun!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum