Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am so frustrated.

+25
Island Girl
call ducks
Giddyup
pops coops
Farmerette
DLC
pfarms
Dan Smith
duanescows
Rosies
Fowler
Anna
Amy
HighCountry
triplejfarms
nuthatch333
Skeffling Lavender Farm
Susan
loushrop
cbrookkelly
KathyS
HiddenAcresBC
LynBar Ranch
Prairie Chick
Hidden River
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I am so frustrated. Empty I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I shipped some eggs to someone out east this past week. They were shipped in foam shippers like over 2 dozen packages I have sent out this spring have been sent in. I have had good results out west and north but the ones to the east (only 2 sent) dont do well.
This person emailed me at a very busy time yesterday and I couldnt respond in length the way I usually would. The order was for 24 eggs, 30 were sent and 22 made the trip unharmed. So I never offered a reshipment because it was basically 2 eggs less than she should have received.
Obviously this was an issue, so she takes it to a public forum, one I cannot defend myself on, and slanders me in front of everyone.
I talked in length with Miry on packaging yesterday on our trip, how we could improve upon it, etc. So it is very hurtful that someone would take this from a personal issue to a public issue.
If she would have emailed me back her concern on wanting a replacement or refund or whatever we could have worked it out, but no that was not the case and now I am just sick all day about this situation....

I just want everyone on this forum to know that I do what I can to ensure eggs are package with care, these are my genetics getting shipped around and it does me no good to have them smashed at the other end either. I will be double boxing eggs now for better cushioning.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Jayme i am sorry to hear this. Try not to let it bother you too much, you don't need the extra stress in your life. Unfortunately some people feel its ok to slander, attack, lynch or degrade a person on an open forum where the victim is not a member. They sometimes forget that there is a human that will be hurt when they find out about it.

I think most people that have dealt with you know that you are easy to deal with and that you try your best to make your customers happy.

By the way, my Americauna's hatched today and they are such healthy big wonderful looking chicks.

3I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the kind words PC I really needed those right now.
To tell you the truth I was ready to up and quit shipping this am when this person said such hurtful things, but why should one person wreck it for everyone else.
I am so glad to hear the hatch went well and they are doing good.

4I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 pm

LynBar Ranch

LynBar Ranch

Some people are only happy, when they make others unhappy.
I know it is harsh, but you have to toughen up.
Believe me, I have a hard time with it too and take everything personally, but you can't. You are putting what you would do, ie. email back, to someone else. People don't think alike. Just because you and I would stop to help someone in need doesn't mean everyone would.
Take it as a compliment that you are now well known Wink
YOU are known far and wide for your QUALITY stock. Look at the ads!!! Most say Hidden River stock, meaning QUALITY.

Try and not let it bother you......

Have a drink, soak in the tub and ERASE it from your mind.

http://LynBarRanch.com

5I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 1:42 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Jayme - I read this messaeg you are talking about and wanted very badly to tell this person she was being very unreasonable and should never have brought it up on a public forum. Dont worry about slander...andyone who has dealt with you in the past knows better than this and anyone dealing with you in the future will know better than this. I have been more than happy with the shipments I have receieved from you and wouldnt hesitate to get them from you again.
I know it throws you day off to hear about people spouting out hurtful things...but just let it go. And dont deal with her anymore if she wants to be unreasonable.
Chin up.

Jaclyn

6I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 2:20 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jayme, I just wanted you to know that there are several remarks on there supporting you, and stating that you are very conscientious about doing the best you can for your customers. Those who have dealt with you (including me!) are aware that you go to great lengths to help others and provide great poultry and great service. It is only natural to feel hurt and worried that a comment like that might damage your reputation, but really, this will blow over quickly and be forgotten. Chin up! Smile

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

7I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 2:31 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Good Grief! Some people just don't get it....

I have had many shipped eggs from Jayme and almost always have a hatch in the 90% range. I am the world's worst hatcher too Crying or Very sad

But to knowing take this public where Jayme cannot respond IS hurtful and downright nasty.

Sometimes we can't answer messages right away...hands full off something or whatever. This person should have waited for Jayme to handle this like she knows how too.

And it is always the receivers risk in having eggs shipped...especially when due care has been taken by the shipper like this.

I have stopped shipping eggs too. If someone wants them they will have to pick them up here or get them on my way somewhere. It is really hard when proper care is taken to get the eggs to their destination and something happens to them enroute and then to have the reciever blame the shipper! The shipper has no control over the dozens of different hands or machine's parts that handle the package.....

Oh Jayme...she is just one person and we all know you as a great person/shipper/breeder/friend. cheers

8I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 2:53 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I can definitely understand your frustration.First of all you do not need to feel bad about this situation everyone on both of these forums knows what a good person you are. They also know that you have the highest of business ethics. I was very angry when I saw that your name was mentioned because you were unable to defend yourself and this person knew that. But even so you did have people who attested to the fact they had received eggs from you in great condition. This person has not hurt your business one bit because everyone realizes you have high quality birds and will continue to do business with you as will I. Sending big hugs your way. Try not to feel to upset although because you are a concientious person you will. I am sorry for this. Lou Mad

9I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Jaymie, I also read and responded to this post. I know you a good and honest person and that post is in poor taste. My ameracaunas are also bouncing around happily after a successful hatch. I did have some trouble with foam shippers, but not from your order. Seeing you address any possible problems with this method od shipping only proves you care. No matter what you do, people will not always be happy. To publicize it where you can not respond is unfair and malicious. Chin up and continue doing what you do so well!

10I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

I am sorry Jaymie. It has all been said above. I know how sick you must feel, I would feel the same way. Anyone who knows you knows how much integrity you have. And it is a ton. Hugs.

It is such a colossal effort to collect the eggs from birds you are feeding and watering and housing separately, labeling them, storing them right, wrapping them, packaging, labeling the box, finding time to deal with emails, enquiries, crazy requests for exact number of eggs, changed minds, get shipping addresses, and find time to get to the post office before pickup, sending tracking numbers and invoices then collecting payment, and chasing the PO for refunds on behalf of the purchaser if the parcel is a day late. And keep it all straight! I don't blame anyone for not bothering. I am glad you do though Jaymie as your birds should be shared. Very Happy

http://www.easychickenry.com/articles-by-skeffling-lavender-farm

11I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 3:08 pm

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Jayme:
I haven't been on any public forums other than chicken ones. Of the sites I am on, none have suffered an upset like that site did when you left. That alone should tell you how well respected you are. Rest assured your reputation is not only safe, but flourishing.

12I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks everyone, feels like a big group hug just when I needed it.
I guess I have just been lacking sleep, been busy beyond words and then this just topped it off.
Thanks again everyone.

13I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 3:13 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Agreed! you re sent my eggs, no charge when they were lost in mail space! dont worry about it! you have been awesome to deal with, and will continue to deal with you!...i been just having crappy luck with all the eggs i buy this year! LOl maybe its a sign to get more ducks??? heheeheh anyways...you are one person i would deal with again!

Last edited by triplejfarms on Thu May 05, 2011 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

14I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 3:18 pm

HighCountry

I have recieved many shipments from Jayme and all have been VERY WELL packaged; including foam shippers. The eggs are clean, labled and thoughtfully packaged. I have nothing but NICE things to say about Hidden River and their business ethics. She takes the time to answer her emails promptly and provides helpful information when asked. Not everyone would take the time to do so. You can tell how much she enjoys her birds, other critters and family life. I personally believe more good than bad will come of the posting on the other site.

Chin up Jayme ... some people just dont have a clue and you cant waste your thoughts or time on them. Life is too short to let some things bother us. Take extra time and enjoy all that you have and have built. Your reputation has not been harmed at all by this.

http://www.highcountryshetlands@xplornet.com

15I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 3:29 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I think evrything has been said already, but I was pretty unhappy with that thread as well and shocked that it was allowed to go that far Mad

You have lots to recomend you Jayme Very Happy

16I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Anna

Anna

I have read the whole story at the other place. It's so low to make your name public in
this case. I know you are a honest person.
Jayme, I think you deserve a BIG Bouquet!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

17I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

It's been reported and is gone now. Very Happy

http://www.easychickenry.com/articles-by-skeffling-lavender-farm

18I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Thu May 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I asked her nicely to remove it and not sure if she did or someone else, but glad it is gone.

19I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Fri May 06, 2011 5:56 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was surprised that it was allowed to go on like that.

Sounds like your record speaks for itself.

20I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Fri May 06, 2011 6:45 am

Rosies

I agree with everyone on here, was shocked that they let it go on as long as it did. But as was already said there were some sticking up for you and I must also say I was sad too when you were gone from that site as I always looked for your posts. Always great advice you have for a newbie like me!!!!

21I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Fri May 06, 2011 9:39 am

duanescows

I to was mad when I read it. I just want to let you know that 5 chicks have hatched during the night from the eggs you sent me. For sure 3 are blue - the other two were still very wet so I couldn't tell. More are peeping. Of all the eggs sent, two had cracks on arrival and four when first candled had no life, but the rest all at least started growing (I'm new at candling so only candle once), more are pipping so hope more will hatch by when I get home from work. I would say the shipping was just fine.
Thanks Jayme and don't worry about it. Maybe you can look into more padding as they suggested, but you did nothing wrong.
Duane

22I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Fri May 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Jayme, It is nice that so many people stick up for you. I just learned that it was erased or I was going to ask the poster on the other forum why she didn't mention that she was sent 30 eggs and only paid for 24 and then in spite of the post office she still received 22 of the 24 that she paid for unharmed and yet made it look like the whole order was destroyed due to poor packaging. I guess that it is good that her post is gone or I may have gotten into trouble. Don't let it bother you Jayme, you know who and what you are.

23I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Fri May 06, 2011 8:01 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Keep your head up. I may have gotten chicks instead of eggs, but I didnt have a single loss and you did put a few extra in when not all of the other hatched. Your little guys you sent me are growing FAST and strong. They are already starting to fly around too. Just think, atleast you can see some of your chickies you hatched out on that link I sent you. We know you do everything you can. 22 out of 30 is good odds when being mailed. It isnt your fault that mail carriers refuse to handle packages properly.

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

24I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Sun May 08, 2011 9:38 am

DLC

Jayme: thats the main reason I stay off certain sites unless it is for coming events. It's way too easy to say something on your keyboard that you would never dream of in person. Try not to be stessed as we have all had customers we could not please. So I bet your ratio of unhappy customer as compared to happy would be .1% unhappy 99.9% happy. Happy Mothers day enjoy.DLC

25I am so frustrated. Empty Re: I am so frustrated. Mon May 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Farmerette

Farmerette
New Here

Those of us who know you rolled our eyes when we read that. Personally, I thought "yeah right. wonder what the whole story really is?" now I know. Chin up! Forums can be a great thing and they can also be downright nasty. I'd buy chicks from you any day of the week, if I had the space to keep more birds here!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum