Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A serious look at Bathing Chickens! *video*

+5
k.r.l
DoubleSSRanch
chickeesmom
Hidden River
steve
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

~Presenting Liz, K.R.L and nuthatch333 as they demonstrate how to bath a chicken, for those that are still not to sure! The video also clearly shows what happens to a person after they have been around chickens much to long!! Very Happy you have to click the video where it will send you to photobucket, where you can watch it!! enjoy!~~
A serious look at Bathing Chickens! *video* Th_washingchickens

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well that was a nice video, the little rooster was so well behaved. I wish my Ameraucana boy was like that yesterday... Not quite so calm...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

This is so great, wonder if I rinse my hair in vinegar and then glycerine if I will look as good as the birds do????

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Let us know how that goes for you Chickeesmom LOL

Bahahaha Liz yorue hilarious.... hahahahaha

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow Liz you look great in your bathing outfit Razz
Hope you wear something similar to the show..?lol

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Reminds me of bathing the horses for a show......great video and great information.

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

THANX! Can't believe I'm off to bathe Quail good grief the things you do for your kids Rolling Eyes  I hope the glycerine step isn't overly important because I don't have any and it's a holiday...

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Great video and great timing. I would like to bath my birds for the Coombs show this weekend and I have a question or two. Can you tell me the ratio of vinegar to water as well as for the glycerin rinse. The birds will be judged on Friday morning and I plan to bath them tomorrow, does this allow enough time for the natural oils to go back on to the feathers? Any other helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

XOX Monika

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like to bath my loosely feathered Cochins quite close to show day, about 3 or 4 days prior if it works out. But as long as you can keep them clean, with no access to dust-baths a week ahead is fine. Also more tightly-feathered birds are often done earlier so their feathers are laying nice and flat again. I'd pour in about a cup of vinegar in my rinse tub, but it's big. Probably 6 gallons of water in there. The vinegar really helps give a nice clean finish so I use quite a bit.
I don't do the glycerine step.
Have fun at the show and make sure you let us all know the results! Smile

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum