Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild!

+9
Fowler
yardbirds23
Echo 1
lanaire-ranching
Magdelan
appway
Island Girl
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Where do I start?  I will take ownership of the !!!!!!!!! point!  YUP!I! LOVE! IT!!!!!!!  I also have a bit of a pet peeve that is not really  related to grammar. Mine is there, their and they're, which and witch, weather and whether, too, to and two, your and you're,  .....   it makes me CRAZY when the incorrect one is used...... CRAZY I tell you!!!!!!  Seems I need to take ownership of loving the "dot" to ( I know it's "too" as in also....I just could not resist)  I can't help it, my mom has perfect spelling and grammar.  Her cursive writing is to die for..... sadly I did not inherit her gifts but after almost 50 years of instruction.....happily things have improved!!! Ellipsis (dot, dot, dot) I love those Ellipsis!!!!!

27Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ahem....plural is 'ellipses'.  Razz 

Oh, have I mentioned my infatuation with apostrophes used in the place of quotation marks? They are like quotation marks...only...lesser!

28Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you Sue.... I stand corrected!!!!!! LOL

29Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

We need more people in this world that can laugh at themselfs!!!...???

30Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 am

yardbirds23

yardbirds23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

31Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:52 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, YB, what is your punctuation failing? Or are you, like Authentic, punctuation perfect????

32Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:57 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

imtoobusyforanysortofpunctuation

33Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:26 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am not perfect. I use the - too much. Lol

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

34Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:51 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am a bit of a punctuation and vocabulary freak. I squirm when self important people misuse the word "fulsome" (and am horrified to see some dictionaries are now including the incorrect definition, just because so many people use it).

The overuse of quotation marks makes me CRAZY. For example: This is a "fun" thread. I immediately suspect sarcasm.

I try to laugh at ignorance rather than lose my cool but sometimes I can be pushed near the edge....

however I can go e.e.cummings and abandon all capitalization and punctuation - better none than wrong i say

My spelling has always been awful but I try and check when in doubt.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

35Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:03 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Spelling drives me nuts and using the incorrect word drives me crazy (you're, your or their, there, they're) Ahhh!

But my punctuation is horrendous and I just love exclamation marks and smiley faces. I am also the Queen of run on sentences, yep the Queen Smile

36Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 am

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

I, too, was taught very well correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling, so it drives me crazy to see published works with mistakes.  I even found an artistic mistake in a children's book.  A rabbit had a bite out of one ear in the first picture, and it had switched ears a few pages later!  The internet error I see the most is using 'loose' for 'lose'.  Proofreading is a lost art, and spell check does not catch all those homonyms.  The spelling of the texting generation must be atrocious.  By the way, does anyone use the preview to reread their post, or is it just me? Very Happy

37Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:37 am

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

Oh man I'm a combination plate of you all. I'm a chronic Smile. Use the - too much as well as the ...
I was trained in proper everything as well so poor spelling and punctuation drives me batty, but I have learned through my time working with kids and texting with kids that as long as I can understand them it's all good Smile
I think that the chronic Smile stems from people misinterpreting emails and such from work. Plus I enjoy spreading the joy Smile Smile Smile
Have a super day!!!
Oh and Sue - Authentic may not be as innocent as you think Wink

38Help! Punctuation!  Gone!  Wild! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! Punctuation! Gone! Wild! Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:46 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Karaandblue wrote:
Oh and Sue - Authentic may not be as innocent as you think Wink

Shhhh. Don't blow my cover. Bahahahaha!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: