Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stop the Light Bulb Ban!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Empty Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:40 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

2Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Empty Re: Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:59 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

BCBoy, if I were to click on that, would it do any good or is this applicable only to the region from which it is issued?

3Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Empty Re: Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 am

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

This link may be more appropriate?
A letter to the minister of finance the Honourable James M. Flaherty.
Department of Finance Canada.

4Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Empty Re: Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:19 am

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just looked at my emails and this was in the junk box.

To: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Minister of Finance The Honourable James M. Flaherty Department of Finance Canada 140 O'Connor Street Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0G5 Dear Minister Flaherty, Thank you for consideration of my Budget 2014 recommendations submitted to date. It has been reported that the United States has repealed its ban on incandescent light bulbs through the budgetary process. In his reply to the request from over 8,200 Canadians to stop the light bulb ban, our federal Minister of Natural Resources, The Honourable Joe Oliver, cited alignment with standards in the United States as part of the rationale for the ban, "so that manufacturers can provide the same products in all of North America". In keeping with the harmonization of efficiency standards for North America, I respectfully ask that the inclusion of a repeal to the ban on incandescent light bulbs be added to Budget 2014. Cheryl Gallant, M.P. Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke and Kimball Hhahah Vernon, British Columbia, V1B4b5

I will Edit out  Cheryl Gallant, M.P. Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke and
And resend it to  jflaherty@fin.gc.ca
I wonder if he reads his emails?

Last edited by bcboy on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

5Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Empty Re: Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:26 am

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Here an email that you could copy and paste quickly.

Please stop the light bulb ban in the budget‏

Minister of Finance The Honourable James M. Flaherty Department of Finance Canada 140 O'Connor Street Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0G5 Dear Minister Flaherty, Thank you for consideration of my Budget 2014 recommendations submitted to date. It has been reported that the United States has repealed its ban on incandescent light bulbs through the budgetary process. In his reply to the request from over 8,200 Canadians to stop the light bulb ban, our federal Minister of Natural Resources, The Honourable Joe Oliver, cited alignment with standards in the United States as part of the rationale for the ban, "so that manufacturers can provide the same products in all of North America". In keeping with the harmonization of efficiency standards for North America, I respectfully ask that the inclusion of a repeal to the ban on incandescent light bulbs be added to Budget 2014.Add your name and address here

6Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Empty Re: Stop the Light Bulb Ban! Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:33 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Since emails are so easily and sometimes flippantly sent, I wonder how much 'weight' they carry?

If I really want to make my point I send hard copy and carbon copy it to all parties concerned.

Aside from this question of what method will carry the most impact, I think this light bulb ban is one of the stupidest things to come down the pike in a long time! I spent almost $40 to buy THREE STINKING BULBS that do NOT light my kitchen nearly as brightly as the old 100 watters.

Was listening to a program that said by the age of 40 you need twice as much light to do the same tasks as you did at 20. So just as my eyes are pretty much kaput, I get bulbs that are no longer able to even give out the same brightness? What idiot is in charge of this decision?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum