Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You can't stop me.

+8
Fowler
Susan
Ruffledfeathers
karona
authenticfarm
Rasilon
Schipperkesue
uno
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1You can't stop me. Empty You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:11 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I want to have a bath.
A nice hot soak.
And read a book.
I want to soak in the hot tub with my book.
I want a glass of wine too.
I know it's only past noon.
I don't care.
I feel cold.
I feel grumpy.
I want to soak and read and not vacuum, shovel poo of any sort, lug hay, thaw hoses, wash dishes, fold laundry, sweep the steps or try to snag and remove one more stinking cobweb!
And I most definitely do not want to think, again, about what to make for dinner, again, tonight.
I don't want the phone to ring.
I don't want anyone to knock on the door.
I want to plug in the heater and dump bubble bath in and I want to soak.
In hot water.
Up to my chin.
AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!
(just had to get that out of my system...but for now I will leave the wine in the fridge, a fruit wine a friend brought all the way from the Island because she knows I like fruity wines, and I will go wrangle that stupid, frozen hose! Ugh)

2You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish I had a bath tub.....

3You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:I wish I had a bath tub.....

Mee too .. a shower just doesn't cut it
G

4You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:34 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

A hot, uninterrupted shower is my "me" time.

People always tell mothers to take care of themselves, to make sure to get some "me" time. Well, maybe that applies to urban mothers. Rural mothers don't have time for that.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well Uno I just got out of a nice
hot bath with bubbles.
More to ease the bad knee and hips
since I fell on the ice back in November.
Realy have to go to doctor about it
some time.

But know I have to go finish scrubing
the dish I left soaking.

6You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh you read my mind Uno. I have been pondering having a good soak. Relax the hurting feet, hmmm I think thats what I'm gonna do cheers

7You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue, no tub? This makes me sad. My tub is 6 feet long, I can reeeelaaaxx in it! I also drop books in it but let's not talk about that since the library ladies frown upon book reading in the bathtub.

Karona...soak the dish in the tub with you! Kill two birds with one stone. When the baked on lasagna has soaked off and is floating around beside you, it's time to get out. Easy peasy. Hope you get the kinks worked out and maybe a doctor isn't a bad idea.

Long hot showers are good 'me' time, but a little tricky for reading.

8You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Evil teaser! I am almost 6' long myself and would love a tub where my knees and shoulders and feet can all be under water at once. I am kinda OCD about having all my parts under water at the same time.

9You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Except the book. Remember the angry library ladies.

10You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We can't stop you, but I intend to join you! (Figuratively speaking of course!) minus forty with the windchill here today. Blech.

11You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

This topic is frivolous and has no practical application to chickens.

I hereby give this topic Fowler's Seal of Disapproval.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Haha fowler

This sounds like a good idea Uno!

13You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hope you find time for that good long soak. Nothing feels any better than a good bubble bath in my books - oops that should be "minus the books"

14You can't stop me. Empty Wife don't know how good she got it. Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Darrell

New Here

I do all the Chores, Cooking, and Bath running around here.
She just got laundry and vacumining and DISHWARHER LOADING.
None of witch as to be done on a daily bases.
Uno could you reminder how good she got it.....PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE

15You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler! This is not frivolous! As Commander and Chief of this here little enterprise known as 'the family' my stress leave is imperative! We all know how things go haywire when the President goes down...all those underlings running around pellmell. If there's one thing we strive to avoid here, it's pellmell.

So..to the chickens and horses, dogs and cats and obnoxious deer who dine on my lilacs, hydrangea and rhododenrons...if Uno doesn't get her bubble bath, if Uno doesn't get her glass of fruity wine, if Uno decides to go AWOL, there is going to be a derailment of epic proportions and the planet will be rocked on its axis! MUCH depends on Uno doing as expected, operating as expected, and if all it takes to ensure that all is well in the universe is a bubble bath...then it is GERMAINE to poultry keeping, horse keeping and family keeping! So take your walrus and...get in the tub!

16You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:10 pm

I think it's a sea lion.
I was thinking today that this evening would be good for a hot tub. My bath tub is icky and small, but my hot tub seats 4 easily, but it's too dark to read. I don't mind that.

Uno, you need to farmsit for me some weekend and soak up to your neck in my hot tub. I have a head lamp you can use to read your book. Very Happy Your family would survive without you, and likely appreciate you a little more when you return, refreshed, if somewhat wrinkled.

xo

17You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Elephant seal.

Baths cool down too quickly for me. I'd prefer a shower, then take my drink to bed with a good book or crossword. You come up with some surprising answers after you've had a few.

18You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler, you must be lacking the correct bath technique. The key is to fill the bath half way with the correct temperature of water. Climb in carefully because if you are anything like me, you want your baths scorchingly hot, but you have to be careful not to burn your bits. Lay back with your book and as soon as the water seems even a tiny bit cool, add more hot by twisting the faucet with your toes. Turn it off when you are hot enough again. Continue the procedure until the bath is full or you are hyperthermic.

19You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Schipperkesue wrote:Fowler, you must be lacking the correct bath technique. The key is to fill the bath half way with the correct temperature of water. Climb in carefully because if you are anything like me, you want your baths scorchingly hot, but you have to be careful not to burn your bits. Lay back with your book and as soon as the water seems even a tiny bit cool, add more hot by twisting the faucet with your toes. Turn it off when you are hot enough again. Continue the procedure until the bath is full or you are hyperthermic.
......method works perfectly ! Only way to soak

20You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:08 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Boy that sounds relaxing. Try and keep a book from getting wet with one hand, light the candle with the other hand, adjust the water with one foot, adjust the radio or make some toast with the other foot... you guys even work when relaxing!

To paraphrase Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes, "I like it best when you are sitting and relaxing and sitting and relaxing and then you wake up."

21You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can even relax while multitasking...'Nuf said!

22You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:17 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:Elephant seal.

Baths cool down too quickly for me. I'd prefer a shower, then take my drink to bed with a good book or crossword. You come up with some surprising answers after you've had a few.

Surprising how you can fit a six letter word in, that only has 4 spaces. It's true Wink

23You can't stop me. Empty Re: You can't stop me. Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:21 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rubber duckie,
You're the one,
You make bath time lots of fun,
Rubber duckie I'm afwully fond of you.
(woh woh, bee doh!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]