Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OMG - I think I better stop

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OMG  - I think I better stop Empty OMG - I think I better stop Sat May 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Prairie Chicken

OK - I'm going to set incubator #2 for the second time and then THAT'S IT. My chick hatch is now roughly 350 plus the 73 that came from Performance Poultry. I have no idea where I'm going to put everybody when they start to grow up - it's not bad now cause they're in a series of cardboard circles all snuggly and warm. But I'll figure something out. This last hatch is now 75% and still going up so much better than the last one. And this is out of an incubator I picked up at the Moose Jaw Auction for $170 - not knowing if it was working or not. The sign says it was working, but then, you know auction sales. Do people always tell the truth? hhhmmmmmm??? So I will have a lot of my adults for sale at the Poultry Swap in Wadena in June as well as a ton of chicks.

There are still several tables available for this sale. Give me a call if you are interested in renting one 306-338-3324.

2OMG  - I think I better stop Empty Re: OMG - I think I better stop Sat May 28, 2011 1:35 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just in response to your 'numbers' and lack of accommodation down the road - Ha Ha! I can totally relate. Just moved 50 - 7 week old birds out of my basement as we hurriedly finished our chicken coop for them. It was embarrassing down there!

It seems for us poultry enthusiasts the saying 'if you build it they will come' went out the window long ago. Now it's 'if they come, you will build it'...........

Congratulations on your hatch and good luck at the Swap!

3OMG  - I think I better stop Empty Re: OMG - I think I better stop Sun May 29, 2011 8:07 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

'if they come, you will build it'

SOOO true. lol But can one ever really have TOO many chickens? Razz

4OMG  - I think I better stop Empty Re: OMG - I think I better stop Sun May 29, 2011 10:52 am

Prairie Chicken

Flicker Chick wrote: 'if they come, you will build it'

SOOO true. lol But can one ever really have TOO many chickens? Razz

' NEVER '

5OMG  - I think I better stop Empty Re: OMG - I think I better stop Sun May 29, 2011 9:46 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairie chicken, you should have no trouble selling any and all pullets you want to part with...they always seem to be in high demand! I brought back home 2 nice little roosters that didn't sell in Red Deer, but my pullets were gone in a flash!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum