Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4-H Poultry Project - ideas needed!

+8
Pollywog
viczoe
Karaandblue
Magdelan
Schipperkesue
coopslave
toybarons
authenticfarm
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

264-H Poultry Project - ideas needed! - Page 2 Empty Re: 4-H Poultry Project - ideas needed! Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:59 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That would be great, Rico! I am about an hour from Lloydminster. We got a late start this year, so a lot of ideas, I will save to use for next year and beyond. We'll stay pretty busy just getting everything properly set up this year!

The kids have chosen to raise more ornamental breeds this year, but as they get older, I would like to get them more towards the dual purpose breeds.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

274-H Poultry Project - ideas needed! - Page 2 Empty Re: 4-H Poultry Project - ideas needed! Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:48 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you for taking time to stimulate the passion for poultry in the next generation!

284-H Poultry Project - ideas needed! - Page 2 Empty Re: 4-H Poultry Project - ideas needed! Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey Authentic, I saw this link the other night and put it on to CynthiaM's thread about her very large egg that had another egg inside it.  Was looking again at it tonight and thought there might be something interesting for kids on it  -  talks about how eggs are formed, some pictures, how a double yolker happens, how they are colored and why etc.  Has pictures.  there is a wee video of twin eggs inside an egg (says it is rare).  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Magdelan on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed the word hatching out for eggs inside an egg)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum