Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 Deck Project

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12012 Deck Project Empty 2012 Deck Project Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

Like I mentioned in a previous post I have been busy busy building lately...

here are some pics of a deck I have been working on with my best friend.. slowly coming together between his work schedule and the weather we have gotten done what we can.
the deck is 16ft out by 26ft long, with a 3ft extension to the hot tub, Triple beam on 4x6 posts. 2x8 joists all pressure treated with Western Red Cedar planking.

Here are some pics so far

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

22012 Deck Project Empty Re: 2012 Deck Project Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looking nice Jonny. BUT do I see a safety violation???? Socks when building??? lol!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

32012 Deck Project Empty Re: 2012 Deck Project Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Looking good ! love western red cedar ! should be awesome !

42012 Deck Project Empty Re: 2012 Deck Project Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hidden River wrote:Looking nice Jonny. BUT do I see a safety violation???? Socks when building??? lol!

The socks while building is because I didn't want to mark the new planking with my steel toe shoes... lol

52012 Deck Project Empty Re: 2012 Deck Project Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is a nice looking deck. I like the cedar. I recently found that running shoes aren't great for building a chicken coop. We've had a few nails go flying from the roof while nailing. One landed in the tall grass pointed end up. I stepped on it. My foot still is not back to normal and I had to go to the clinic for a t shot.

62012 Deck Project Empty Re: 2012 Deck Project Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

rosewood wrote:That is a nice looking deck. I like the cedar. I recently found that running shoes aren't great for building a chicken coop. We've had a few nails go flying from the roof while nailing. One landed in the tall grass pointed end up. I stepped on it. My foot still is not back to normal and I had to go to the clinic for a t shot.

I got a neat sweeper magnet at Home Depot for just that sort of thing. Works great.

Wow! That cedar is going to look nice! I only just recently (finally) finished my deck project. The last step was putting stone under my pergola. Took a while because I scrounged for the stone instead of buying proper slate. I'll have to get some pics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum