Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

American Barbados ewe, Barbados cross Ram and Barbados cross ewe -picture heavy

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

This is Kenya our Ram lamb He is American Barbados/Sussex (25%) & Painted Desert Sheep 9 months old.

American Barbados ewe, Barbados cross Ram and Barbados cross ewe -picture heavy IMG_0027_zps9abd2df8

This is Kenya and his Poppa Zulu
American Barbados ewe, Barbados cross Ram and Barbados cross ewe -picture heavy IMG_0029640x480_zps33dddd5d

and the beauty he is Kenya:
American Barbados ewe, Barbados cross Ram and Barbados cross ewe -picture heavy IMG_0035_zps579f8584

Kenya is for sale for 175.00

Then.....i have these two ewes who are both bred. The first is an American Barbados bred to my Painted Desert Ram:
American Barbados ewe, Barbados cross Ram and Barbados cross ewe -picture heavy IMG_0096480x640_zps34659fad

The next ewe for sale is "Rosebud" who is just 1/5 years old and is also bred by our Ram Zulu. Rosebud is American Barbados crossed with a Dorper Ram.
American Barbados ewe, Barbados cross Ram and Barbados cross ewe -picture heavy IMG_0100640x480_zps1dfb7cf3

The lamb stuck in behind is the baby of the Barb ewe from this spring.
Both ewes bred 250.00 each

Thanks for looking......Carol

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was think of putting up a fence in the back. I see that you use 4"x2" galvanized welded fence? Does that work well for you? Do you use a electric wire with the welded fence as well? How much area would I need for 2 lambs? Are these lambs pets or for food? Thanks for posting.

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi BCBOY
We do not use electric wire...in fact have ripped it all out...  It is not to keep the sheep in but for predators to keep them out.  We have 5 dogs and that tends to keep out any un-wanteds.  
I raise sheep to work my dogs and I sell what I don't want either for breeding or for food to others.  I do not eat red meat, so don't eat lamb either...but I love my sheep and love to raise them properly.
I love the welded wire fencing, but you have to be careful of the gauge of wire as some are just too light to hold anything in. I think this is 14 g wire instead of the regular 12 gauge.
Hmmm, the area for 2 lambs? They say 6 sheep/acre so...i would say 1/3 acre. They are great for grazing your lawns down..but will eat anything in your garden...

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

rosebud is cute...I wish I could take her. When would she be due to lamb?

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Rosebud should be ready to lamb at the end of March

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

wish you were in Sask Darwin has been looking for some as he fell in love with them
But none around here We are just going to get a few Kathidins (sp) instead I told him we dont need the Horns
Beautiful Sheep thanks for sharing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum