Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy)

+4
Magdelan
Farmer Bob
bcboy
Schipperkesue
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am visiting my in laws in Ontario for Christmas this year. Today we went to Hamilton and I took a few pictures. This place is much older than Alberta and I was loving the architecture, building materials and the fact that it is rather run down and decrepit. Enjoy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And finally some cold ducks at Port Dover

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Lovely , have to like the old structures , one picture looks like field stone was used ............thanks for sharing

3Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:07 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Enjoy your trip and Merry Christmas.

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

4Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Love the pics from your trip! Have a great trip and Christmas!

5Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

thanks Sue. lovely old brick and stone work. I like that building with the shingles that curve out on the second story. reminds me of England, where my inlaws are. old is the word for sure. glad to see no ice covering everything - in the car on my way home tonight the radio talked about ice storms - my geography is pretty piss-poor (excuse the expression  Razz ) but east is east in my mind and you are "way out east" - need to do some research I am thinking  Smile .

6Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hamilton is low, near the lake, partially a shielded by a cliff called the escarpment. The escarpment is a result of the geological folding and faulting I think. The ice storm was all around them. We drove from Oakville and saw many an old tree taken down by the wind and weight.

Prairie Dog, I too liked the stone building. All that flat stone comes from the exposed escarpment.

7Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lovely photos. I love close ups of buildings. The brick house reminds me of a house where my great aunt lived in Eastern Ontario. Thanks and do have a Merry Christmas.

8Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:13 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

So cool! Have you ever been to Saskatoon? Lovely old buildings there.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

9Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:03 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Great pictures, love old buildings, have a very Merry Christmas

10Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:12 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

there are a couple nice old brick buildings in Vernon and also Kelowna - maybe some on the way north too. love those red bricks.

11Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Empty Re: Hamilton, Ontario (picture heavy) Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:15 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If you ever get a chance, drive out to Goderich and stay at the Ben Miller hotel. It is best in the summer. It was an old mill converted into a hotel, but they used all the old equipment to make the decorations and light fixtures etc. The food is amazing as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum