Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Beauty of Frost. ~Picture Heavy (7)~

+4
uno
chickeesmom
coopslave
silkiebantam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Beauty of Frost.  ~Picture Heavy (7)~ Empty The Beauty of Frost. ~Picture Heavy (7)~ Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:33 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well, I guess it pretty obvious that I love taking pictures of many things. Yesterday morning the frost was so pretty, I couldn't resist taking a few pictures. So many people dislike winter. Sure, there are times, I get tired of it too, but sometimes you just have to stop, and take a look around you and you can find something pretty.

Frosty rose hips.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was a hollow stem from some cow parsnip, all covered in beautiful frost. The frost was so beautiful, I found myself walking through it, being careful not to brush the stems.

More Cow Parsnip.

Who knew that even Burdock could look so lovely?

A pretty, pretty morning.

Just slipping this one in there. It's the moon the night the frost grew.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful pictures. We are having those cold, clear, blue days too. -15C here his morning and bright, blue skies!

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

As usual you have posted some beautiful pictures. they would make great tree decorations. I will honestly have to learn how to post some of my pictures.
Thanks Silkie for sharing your world with us.

Beautiful , my most facorite saying is look at the world through the eyes of a child and you will see wonder in everything and I do believe you have shown that , not to say that you are a child , but you get what I mean .I love it when the beauty is natural and not staged .Thanks for shareing

Beautiful , my most facorite saying is look at the world through the eyes of a child and you will see wonder in everything and I do believe you have shown that , not to say that you are a child , but you get what I mean .I love it when the beauty is natural and not staged .Thanks for shareing

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Your eye for beauty and love of the treasures around you, takes my breath away. I feel so lucky every time I get to see one of these posts from you. Thank you.

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

As always, your pictures are so wonderful. You certainly have an eye for beauty and we (I) can learn from you to look for the beauty all around.

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Those are beautiful beautiful pics. They take my breath away! Thank you for sharing. Lou

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Likewise, I enjoy this time of year, while my wife hates it.
The other night, I stood in the dark, with a bit of moonlight, and gazed at the beauty of the silhouette of our barn, smoke coming out of the chimney, against the backdrop of the trees, and that beautiful starry skyline that presents itself in the winter.

Your pictures are always stunning, and remind me of my rides out here in the cold of winter.

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm so glad you all enjoyed the pictures. It was just so pretty that I had to share. Sometimes we just get so caught up in going about life, that small things become common place and we almost quit seeing them. It's nice to just slow down once in a while and have a good look around us and find something beautiful. I think it does well for the spirit, and is uplifting. It also makes me think that we live in an absolutely amazing world.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

silkiebantam wrote: Sometimes we just get so caught up in going about life, that small things become common place and we almost quit seeing them. It's nice to just slow down once in a while and have a good look around us and find something beautiful. I think it does well for the spirit, and is uplifting. It also makes me think that we live in an absolutely amazing world.

Any other words could not describe this better, you hit it on the nail, Silkiebantam. Again, you have taken us right by your side, as we walk your road with you, to see the things that you see and you do. Thank you. When I see a post of yours and I know that there will be pictures, I know that I want to spend time with you, and don't look at that post right away, as I know I will be there awhile, smiling.

I love that you take that time to smell your roses, to bring the scent of the roses to us, so we can smell them too, that is a very good thing.

Frost is amazing....We have had alot of frost lately, not many nice clear blue skies, very foggyish in the mornings and cold, some blue in the afternoon. I need to take a walk about and take that time to look too, thank you for reminding me of this.

My battery in my camera needs a replacement, it only holds a charge for about 1/2 hour, sigh...makes for very challenging picture taking, maybe Santa will bring me one, smiling. Silkie, never stop being you, you are our vision into this beautiful world that we just don't really pay enough attention to, kudos to you gal, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum