Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Computer sites for Children this summer

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Computer sites for Children this summer Empty Computer sites for Children this summer Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Many parents want to have their children do a little summer learning.  Here are some sites that you may want to check out.  Some require a subscription and some are free.
Cool Math Games- Free, but not all are math games.  The logic games are great though!
BBC Schools- Free- lots of subject-specific learning.
Raz kids Reading- Online books with quizzes.  Up to grade 6 comprehension.  Paid.
Mathletics- K-12 math units.  Paid
Book Flicks- (Flix?) Aimed at younger students.  Paid

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

what grade does the math games go up to??

eta. because I am too lazy to go and google it for myself Razz

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am teaching my kid to sew this summer.

Maybe we'll work on fractions by doing some baking. I figure she's already got a head start, her favourite number used to be 13 7/8.

Also, a round of swimming lessons. Maybe the fourth time will be the charm and she will finally pass Level 1.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cool Math says they have lessons for age 13-100.  They have Algebra and Calculus.  The logic games are very good for all ages too.

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

very awesome... I will have to definitely tag that one for some quiet days...

I taught the girls both to knit last summer.  I think I am going to expand on it a bit, and maybe (also) teach the oldest to sew on the machine.  havent decided--- that last one depends on the level of patience that I can dig up!!

mostly we are going to be reading, and working on the garden--- nursing it into harvesting!!  and of course playing with the chickens!!  cheers

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My son has had a Raz accnt through school the last 3yrs and he enjoys it Smile

foal0069

Thanks Sue,
Have the grandkids coming so it will be good for rainy days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum